Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Assumption of Mary - 10th Consecration

This year, at the culmination of my 10th Consecration to Mary for the Solemnity of the Assumption, I of course cannot help but remember how this date has been so powerful in my life, and my relationship with the Blessed Mother.  With our wedding being chosen around the date of the Assumption, we also celebrate our anniversary each year at the time of our renewal Consecration.  Throughout our infertility journey, there were a few times the date has had considerable importance, namely:

When I gave Mary the gift of my fertility (stopped charting)

Meeting Father Mike, and being prayed over, for a miracle of conception

and then, of course,

Finding Out...


So, other than the beauty of being able to renew my "gift" of Robbie to Mary every year on August 15th, I will now always remember it was the day she chose to show us the long-awaited gift she played a part in :)






Hail, Bright Star of Ocean,
God's own mother blessed.
Ever sinless virgin
Gate of heavenly rest.
Taking that sweet Ave
which from Gabriel came
Peace confirm within us
Changing Eva's name.
Break the captive's fetters
Light on blindness pour,
All our ills expelling
Every bliss implore.
Show thyself a Mother.
May the Word divine
born for us thy Infant
hear our prayers through thine.
Virgin all excelling,
mildest of the mild,
freed from guilt- preserve us
pure and undefiled.
Keep our life all spotless,
Make our way secure,
til we find in Jesus
joy forevermore.
Through the highest heaven,
to the Almighty Three,
Father, Son, and Spirit
one same glory be.
Amen.

2 comments:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I can't believe it's been a year already - I remember watching your "finding out" video and crying right along with you. :)
May our Blessed Mother continue to intercede I your lives!!
Robbie is just the cutest little guy!! ❤️❤️

Angela said...

Beautiful!