Tuesday, July 14, 2015

One Year Ago (yesterday)

One year ago, on July 13th, 2014, I was starting my 28-trillionth cycle.  I had no earthly idea that that would be the last period I'd see for a long time.  I could never have imagined that it would be THAT cycle I would conceive.

One year ago, on July 13th, I was starting my 9th consecutive Consecration to Mary, a 33-day prayer culminating on the Feast of the Assumption.  Beginning a prayer, and beginning a cycle that would end in two glorious *mysteries* on August 15th.  (See video)

One year ago, we were in the midst of battling Mr TCIE's PTSD, low testosterone, depression, and a never-ending cascade of health issues in the midst of his mother dying of cancer.  And one year ago, we were resigned to the fact that both conception and adoption were absolutely off the table, at least for a few years.

One year ago, the world looked so different through the same eyes. 

And one year later, those eyes are beholding things they never would have believed they'd be seeing EVER, let alone exactly one year later.

My boy, born 9 months to the day after that fateful July 13th, 2014, now 3 months old on July 13th, 2015:




 
 
My daily "pump" of Mama's Milk:
 
 
 
My stash of "pre-loved fluff" cloth diapers, freshly stripped and sanitized (words previously completely foreign to me):
 



And as I begin this year's Consecration, I keep a very different, yet very familiar intention in my heart. 

Mary has been such a powerful intercessor for this family, and I pray she holds all of yours close, too.



4 comments:

Amazing Life said...

So beautiful!

DM + AM said...

I hope one day we can look back the same way! So happy for you!!!

Mary said...

This post brings so much joy and hope to my heart! So happy for you and your dh and sweet son!!

JellyBelly said...

Love this post. Love you!!!