Friday, April 10, 2015

My View









Somehow... some way... this became my view, today, as I finished hanging some things on the walls of the nursery, and listened to one of my baby soundtracks on the iPod.

This room.  This room directly across from the master bedroom, which was so obviously the perfect choice for a nursery, became known to us, jokingly, as the Non-Nursery - a place to store old furniture, out-of-season clothes, and general mess we'd quickly get rid of as guests came to visit.

Now, it's a non- Non-Nursery.  It's a nursery. 

I've had 8 months to get used to the idea.  But somehow, some way, it still takes my breath away.

As I look around in awe and wonder, I hear the lyrics to one of the songs on my playlist resonating in the deepest confines of my heart:

"If you knew how much this moment means to me,
and how long I've waited for your touch -
and if you knew how happy you were making me,
I never knew that I'd love anyone so much."

And suddenly, it feels like home to me.

17 comments:

Angela said...

Any day now! :) That room is definitely ready for baby!

Lea said...

Beautifully written! What a special and sacred moment.

The chief said...

This is so joyful!! Showers of blessings!!!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I love your nursery! So pretty!

Lucky as Sunshine said...

Beautiful, I have the same cross in our nursery.

Anonymous said...

The wallpaper is beautiful! I am so very happy for you!!

Donna said...

Beautiful!

Amazing Life said...

Gorgeous nursery.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

I am in awe. No words. Just joy.

Abigail said...

Oh I love this post! Thank you for sharing your joy with us!

Faith makes things possible said...

Beautiful!!!!

Lena said...

How fun to be able to decorate a nursery. When is your baby due?

Kat said...

Yay for unexpected joy! This makes me smile so much Amy! Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Mary said...

Such a beautiful nursery!! This baby will be so loved!!

Finding Hope said...

The room looks great! So, happy for you.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful nursery! But I am surprised to see that you are using cot bumpers. I am Australian, and they are never used here. Are they permitted in the US?

Molly M. said...

Beautiful! I love all the special touches. I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!