Monday, February 2, 2015

Just Some Random Pregnancy Thoughts - and Adopt-a-Blogger Update

I keep meaning to do more, well, meaningful posts but then I just don't.  So, there's that.

Also, before I forget, if you are a childless blogger and have not yet been chosen for Adopt-A-Blogger, please leave a comment here and we will pick up again next month.  Additionally, if you are a childless blogger who has been adopted before but is still struggling to conceive or adopt, leave a comment and let me know - we will keep the prayer campaign going as long as it takes :)

Back to baby.  He is just. awesome.  I am loving every minute of his life so far, even when it's uncomfortable.  He continues to amaze me with just how calming his presence has been in my life, things that would keep me up at night with worry or anxiety are no longer having that effect, partly because I have been working on that, myself, but mostly because he is is father's son - and is just absolutely the sweetest, most calming little baby I could have hoped for.  I just LOVE that through no influence of mine, he is already his own little person with his own special gifts and special personality and temperament.  He's a night owl, for sure, and he LOVES good food :)  He does disco dancing after every bowl of delicious bone broth.  He's had hiccups twice that I've been able to feel, and I always feel so bad for him since I hate the hiccups, myself!!

Because, who doesn't like their preggo belly shots with a couple of pitbulls?

I am just over 29 weeks, now.  I've been off progesterone since 23 weeks or so, when my levels had been in Zone 3 on vaginal suppositories, alone.  (Was able to discontinue injectables around 14 weeks.)  A month after discontinuing the vaginal progesterone, my level was still Zone 3 :)  So, just monthly checks now in Feb and March and we're good to go!

My Vitamin D level which the midwives check each Trimester was 114, lol!  The high end of the range is 100, so I guess I can decrease my 4,000units per day in winter.  I attribute this to my Vitamin K2 supplement, which helps the body TREMENDOUSLY to absorb Vitamin D3 better.  When I wasn't on the K2 supplement (I had run out) and was taking 2,000units of D3, my level was 58 back in September.

My sleep has been getting a bit better with essential oil use.  I've been researching and finally decided to bite the bullet and start investing in essential oils last month - and diffusers and topical application have really made a difference!  I'll likely be posting more about EOs after the baby arrives (what, with all the free time I'll have, and all.  Between popping bon-bons and my soap operas.)

I am so, so in love with this little boy, and cannot wait to continue to get to know him and learn more about him.  OH! and NAME.  We've had some inquiries about that, and the name will be revealed after delivery.  As you can imagine, we've had a couple of names picked out for close to a decade, already, but our boy name changed a little bit because it seemed to be a better fit for this boy.  So, stay tuned!  Sorry to disappoint!

That's all for now.  Yes.  It appears my blog has become one of those blogs.  Yikes.  The horror!  Hopefully something of a bit more substance soon!

19 comments:

Stephanie Z said...

I was adopted previously, but we're still trying to conceive, for another 6 weeks, maybe longer if our doctor has a good reason for us to try something else. We're probably going to start the adoption process before too much longer.

ecce fiat said...

I'm so glad things are going so well for you! Fascinating about the K2 - I'd like to look into that.

Conceiving Hope said...

No apologies allowed! :) Happy to read the update. Thank you for writing about your Vitamin D levels and your success with supplementation. I've been struggling with super duper low D levels now for at least 2 years that we've measured (probably twice that long before I was tested, based on symptoms). Anyhow, I'll mention my details in case anyone else can benefit from hearing my journey with D levels:

My D levels hover between 9 and 11 without supplementation. On 2,000 IU of D3 daily supplementation, we got my levels up to 26 once. It didn't stay that high though. We doubled my supplementation (4,000 IU daily) to try and get them higher, since the doc really doesn't want to see you below 30 at all. I'm still hovering under 30 on that dose and have just been stumped (and tired, as you can imagine)...so I'm going to try and add K2 like you and see if maybe that helps. What dose of K2 did you take with your D3?

Angela said...

Yeah I'm really intrigued about the K2 also. My doc has me on 50,000 units once a week + 5000 daily. She said I was really low but I forgot to ask how low as we were covering so many different things at that visit. Interesting!

Angela said...

Sorry that was for my vitamin D levels....so interested to see about adding K2.

Casey said...

Just like the commenters before me, thanks for mentioning that K2 helps with Vit D. I've also been struggling to get my D levels up. I will look into the K2 supplements.

And I'm still a childless blogger, so if you'll add me to the Adopt-A-Blogger potentials list, that would be great. I could use the prayers as we try to discern whether to pursue medical treatment or adoption.

Anonymous said...

Just curious, are you keeping the pitbulls after the baby is born?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your are posting "those kind" of posts and your blog has become "that kind" of blog. You've waited so long for it...talk about your son as much as you want and enjoy it! I don't know about your other readers, but it makes me so happy to see you finally being able to enjoy motherhood. It's wonderful, really.
-E

Tomato said...

I love the updates, they're so sweet! And good to know about K2, my doctor just recommended vitamin D, so I'll have to see if the K2 helps too :). I'm also a childless blogger and would love to be considered for adopt a blogger :).

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

My K2 happens to be 24mcg per pill, and I only take one per day. I think the standard dose it comes in is around 24-28mcgs.

As for the pitbulls, definitely keeping them, they are the biggest lovers (and yet scary to the would-be burglars!) and are great with all our family babies and children. Of course as with ANY animal, particularly dogs, we will be responsible dog owners and never allow dogs and baby on floor together, or in same room unattended. :)

LifeHopes said...

Gorgeous pic! Those dogs are hilarious!!! They are about to be demoted BIG TIME and have no idea its coming lol!!

I am so excited for you. Actually, now that its Feb., your due date seems right around the corner, can you believe it?!!

sthenryii said...

You can add me to blogger adoption if you want to. (IDK why you'd want to pray for me to be a mom; it's not like St. Jude needs more work. But whatever, if you need somebody else to pray for, pray away.)

WheelbarrowRider said...

I love your blog because it's you and whatever comes with that is fine with me. You look beautiful-so glad to see a pic of the two of you :)

Catholic Mutt said...

It may become "one of those blogs", but I love it. :)

K. Garcia said...

Hi Amy, I am so incredibly happy for you! I selfishly miss you as my practitioner though! I just started blogging this year. I was inspired by you, so thank you for that. I pray that you, your husband and little baby boy all continue to do well through the duration of the pregnancy and beyond.

barbie said...

Love. Wanna hear more about what u using oiks for and which ones.

sthenryii said...

Also, forgive me for being crabby. I'm happy for you, I really am. I like you and I'll keep reading no matter what you post.

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

sthenryii... if anyone "gets" crabby, it's me. I mastered it well. And as a crab-expert, your comment was not even on the scale ;) Of course we'll all pray for you!!! Consider yourself added.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Such a great update and pic!! :-) Love those doggie photo-bomers!!