Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Patron Saint 2015!

It's that time of year, again!  Holy cow!  I usually get this going by the end of November, but as with most things lately, I'm a little slower these days.  Sorry for the delay.

A Saint is a special friend in heaven who will pray for you, just as we ask our friends and families to pray for us, here.  I urge you all to use the Saint Name generator after a moment of prayer, in choosing your special friend for 2015 :)

To date, I have had a mix of "big name" Saints/Archangels (Raphael), old-school "original" Saints (Margaret of Antioch), and some that were lesser known (Eugene de Mazenod, George) and not-at-all known to me (Paschal Baylon, 2014).  Yet every year, no matter what huge obstacle I was met with (many of which I shared publicly here, and many I have not), these Saints managed to prove themselves as powerful intercessors and friends.

This year, today, I prayed and asked for a Saint to be chosen for me that will guide me through a brand new chapter in my life in 2015.  And, I was blessed with:

St Zita, Feast Day April 27th



Patronage: Against Losing Keys; Domestic Servants; Homemakers; Lost Keys; Maids; People Ridiculed for Their Piety; Rape Victims; Single Laywomen; Waiters

I love it!  I always enjoy reading the different patronages, particularly of my patron Saints through the years... always gives me something to chuckle about :)  Like the year I had the Saint who wards against syphillis and skin diseases.  That was a hoot.  Then again, I did not contract syphillis or any skin diseases that year...

I can't wait to discover more about St Zita in 2015, particularly as I transition into the role of homemaker (and let's face it, maid, and waiter, too).  But the thing that most excites me is the Feast Day - April 27th.  I *wonder* if that date will be a big one for me...

(I also picked one for Baby TCIE, St Nicholas of Tolentino, Feast Day Sept 10th.)

DH hasn't picked his, yet, but I'll report back when he does.

So, what are you waiting for?  Go get your Patron Saint for 2015!!  Leave me a comment to let me know who picked you.

16 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I love this as well!!!! But I wait until January 1st…so yeah, I will report back in a few weeks. I know, I know…not completely liturgically correct, but I started on 1/1 a few years back and stuck with it I guess. My Patron Saint this year was St. Philomena and she played a HUGE role in my life this year and on her feast day (8/11) I prayed intensely that she would protect this baby and help her to be born alive and if possible for us to move up the date of the c-section because I was super anxious about something happening the longer we waited. Well, surgery did get moved to the next day 8/12 (instead of 8/14 when it was originally scheduled) and because of that…well, Katharine's breathing problems were discovered by a doctor who just happened to be stopping by my room when she was 2 days old and saw her turn blue and called a code blue and well, the rest is history (a good history…she is napping downstairs at the moment). So, yeah, I am huge fan of this practice.

St. Zita is awesome! Oh and is your due date around there? 4/28 is St. Gianna's feast day and 4/29 is St. Catherine of Sienna, two amazing rock star saints. A great week to be due / have a baby.

connieann said...

I got Teresa of Avila!!! Time to actually read interior castle. Love this!!!
Patronage: Against Headaches; Against the Death of Parents; Lace Makers; People in Need of Grace; People in Religious Orders; People Ridiculed for Their Piety; Sick People

Thankful said...

Zita is the name of one of my great aunts! St. Josemaria Escriva chose me... or I chose him... or somehow we're now joined at the hip. Which is totally fitting given some of the recent stresses in my life. Thanks for the reminder!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I'm technically due the week before, but I know this baby's coming late :) Yeah, I always "post" about it in time for Advent/New Liturgical Year, and yet I *call* it Patron Saint 2015, etc... so I guess it's whichever you prefer :)

I didn't realize you had received such answer to your prayers to St Philomena, wow, that is amazing!! Paschal and my husband's Saint (Edith Stein) were POWERHOUSES this year, omgosh, they had their hands full and came through like nobody's business!!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Wow, Teresa and Josemaria, HUGE!! Thanks for sharing!

Kat said...

Love this! I got St. Peregrine, patron of people with cancer, breast cancer and sick people. There are so many people I know physically suffering right now so I know he is a winner for his intercession :) I will have DH pick one later today!

Tomato said...

I got St. Gerard Majella! I have to admit, I was just going to the website for fun, I wasn't ready to pick a saint yet, but I'm totally keeping him! I had no idea before that his feast is the day after by birthday, and falls on the birthday of a pregnant friend of mine. She's definitely getting extra prayers now.

Conceiving Hope said...

Saint Monica - patron saint of mothers. Fingers crossed. Who am I kidding? Feet, arms, hair, eyelashes crossed. I think I'm going to have to read Augustine's confessions again!

MamaHoli said...

I decided to choose a saint for my unborn baby (due Jan. 21) and got St. Erasmus (Elmo), patron saint Against Birth Pains; Against Childhood Intestinal Disease; Against Colic; Against Storms; Childbirth; Navigators; Women in Labor, among other things! Seems just perfect! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Stephanie Z said...

I have St. John of Parma, who isn't the patron saint of anything. My husband got St Clare of Assisi. I was a little disappointed, hoping there would be some hint of guidance in our patron saints for the year.

Casey said...

Well , it looks like St William of Rochester chose me for this year. I'm wondering if that may be an answer to prayer, because he's the patron of adopted children, and the husband and I have been trying to discern if God wants us to resume pursuing infertility treatment or to pursue adoption or not to pursue anything at all.

Catholic Mutt said...

St. Peter Orseolo. It doesn't say any thing about what he's patron of, so who knows?

JellyBelly said...

She was my patron this year!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

These are all so great!! Thanks for sharing, keep 'em coming!

JellyBelly, I knew she sounded familiar, and now I KNOW I'm in good hands!

Angela said...

Yay! April 27th is a great day to be born! My daughter's birthday and JPII's canonization day! And so I guess it was fitting that I got Blessed Angela of Foligno as my saint! Lol!

Angela said...

Holy moly- she was beatified on my wedding anniversary!