Thursday, December 25, 2014

9th Christmas is a Charm

Is there anything, anything at all, that compares to the feelings of joy and happiness of being pregnant during Christmas, after 8 prior Christmases were so full of the mixed emotions of peace and chaos, joy and sorrow, inspiration and defeat?

Last year's Christmas marked a new beginning and a great joy amid our barrenness that I thought nothing could top.  Someday this unwritten chapter volume of our story will be written.

But our God is a God of surprises, and this 9th Christmas I am no longer barren but quite literally FULL of life.  Blessed be His holy name.  (Which was always holy, perhaps most notably in my darkest hours when I felt most abandoned.  He was always there, as He is for you, too.)

And now for some gratuitous belly and sonogram shots, because I need to rejoice and relish every moment of this long-anticipated miracle!






We wish you a very blessed, peace-filled Christmas, 
and a healthy, fruitful New Year!



12 comments:

Sew said...

Baby in your belly gave you a ghetto booty for Christmas! :) Love you! hahahaha

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Oh, no, I got my ghetto booty at 14 ;)

Sew said...

It looks super extra ghetto booty these days! :)

DM + AM said...

Beautiful!

Emily said...

So I just stumbled upon your blog and just read through your story. I cried tears of joy for you! How wonderful God is!

I'm new to the whole blogging world. I lost my first baby to miscarriage in October and recently started a blog to deal with the grief. I am now pregnant again and your story of infertility and your trust in the Lord is just so amazing and inspiring that I had to comment.

God bless you and your little one! Merry Christmas!!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

<3 Merry Christmas!! <3

Being Refined said...

Merry Christmas!!

E said...

Beautiful, just beautiful A!!!!

GraceofAdoption said...

Praise God for the little one growing inside.

Lena said...

Those are beautiful pregnancy pictures. Just toss that cross aside and embrace the joy! Would love to read more about your preparations for Baby.

LifeHopes said...

Merry Christmas to the Sherlock's!!! Love that card!!!

The misfit said...

Merry Christmas A, R, and small person.