Monday, November 10, 2014

Pregnancy Updates

After my last post, I just want to clarify that I don't plan to go away for good - but there will certainly be a change in tone and in content around TCIE from here on out.  It's *mildly* depressing, to me, that my posts always required a lot of thought, and I always tried to grasp a deeper spiritual meaning to life through childlessness, and now the posts will be more of the everyday garden variety... but it's a fleeting thought, really, because the blessing of writing about being with child is, well, still inexplicably miraculous, to me.

Of course, in the midst of these past 2 weeks, we were also dealing with a loss of massive proportion.  My dear mother-in-law, sick with cancer, took a turn and quickly deteriorated just before Halloween.  We were able to transfer her to hospice just in time, and she passed away on the Feast of All Souls.  Her funeral was Saturday.  It has been - just so draining.  Her suffering was intense, and our suffering in her loss is reprieved knowing that hers is no longer.  Please keep my husband, especially, in your prayers, as I know especially the approaching holidays will be difficult.

But with each ending comes a new beginning, and we are constantly reminded that our little blessing is coming at a time when we are prepared to appreciate it fully, without reserve.

Pretty much every night, I will say to DH, "Hey, guess what?  I'm pregnant."  It never gets old.  Even at 17 weeks :)

I felt the baby move (bubbles) for the first time as DH and I sat on either side of my mother-in-law on the final day we spent with her, Oct 31st.  It was such a blessing, in so many ways, to have that time together as a family with her, communicating with her (it ended up being the last time she was able to communicate, that day), and telling her about the baby moving.  She had an undeniable grin on her face when we told her :)

And since then, baby has only made tiny little bubbles every few days (that I could feel, anyway).  Until last night.  Last night, it must have been fiesta time, because suddenly I felt like my entire uterus tooted - followed by a cadence of teeny, tiny little men playing steel drums in there.  It was nothing short of awesome.

And just because no garden-variety pregnancy post would be complete without an ultrasound picture du jour, here, without further ado, is Baby TCIE, wiggling toes at 16 weeks:






14 comments:

runtomary said...

And you're going to tell us what gender little TCIE baby is, right? :-)

Also, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother-in-law. I will pray for her and your family. May she rest in peace.

Angela said...

I'm so sorry about your MIL, Amy. How beautiful though that her passing was on the Feast of All Souls! And glad that your family had those close moments. Also very glad to hear a baby update. I'm just rejoicing in every pregnancy update you post and really look forward to hearing your good news each time! It really is such a wondrous miracle! :) My SIL is having her baby right now so I've got babies on the brain! LOL!

Sew said...

17 wks already?!?!? Sweet lil baby!

Georgie said...

Beautiful lil toes!!!!!!!!

DM + AM said...

We had no idea about your mother in law! How sad. So sorry for your loss. Please know, we are always here not matter what. We love you!

E said...

Oh A and R,
I am so so so sorry to hear of you mother's passing. May she rest in peace and have a quick journey to heaven. What a beautiful day to pass from this life to the next. Be assured of my prayers during this time of sorrow.

Oh that joy of that little one just kicking and thriving! Miracles of miracles. Allow yourselves to feel the joy and sorrow of this time in your lives.
In His Sorrowful Mother,
E

Conceiving Hope said...

Such a difficult loss. Sorry for your loss and I will definitely keep you all in my prayers. What a brilliant blessing to be able to buy that last smile by sharing the baby's first movements with her. And All Soul's Day - my goodness. Intense and heartbreaking and beautiful.

chimakuni said...

My condolences on the passing of your mother in law. Thank you for sharing these wonderful moments of your little one's growth.

Meg @ True, Good and Beautiful said...

Just beautiful!

Molly M. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My prayers to you, your husband and your family during this time.

What a blessing to be able to share that you felt the baby when you were with her last. I know she will be watching out for that sweet miracle of yours from heaven.

Jillian Manning said...

You know, someone with access to an ultrasound machine could certainly take a peek at gender at 17 weeks gestation. But, in the words of Kermit the Frog, that's none of my business :)

Sew said...

Lol I'm right tgete with you!!! Lol

the misfit said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You all are already in my prayers as you know, but I will add this intention.

Stephanie Z said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your MIL. She must have so loved hearing about the baby moving during some of her last moments.