Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Have I Told You Guys?

So, remember when I was lamenting the organization, cleanliness, and order of my life, specifically my home?  How I looked into getting a personal organizer, a cleaning lady, a Feng Shui expert?  (OK, so I didn't actually look into Feng Shui, but I would have if you had told me it would make my messy life non-messy.)

Well, I got a cleaning lady.  And I love her.  No, really.  I LOVE her.  That four-letter word barely even begins to describe my feelings for my cleaning lady.

She comes once a week, and in the first month, suddenly our home was sparkling, organized and clean.  I could see my kitchen counters again.  Clothes were in drawers and not folded in piles all over the room, anymore.  I could open the doors to my dining room and know that cat fur wouldn't accumulate to irreversible depths on the chairs and rug.  And all this came at a time when I needed it most.  I can't even think of the disaster that would inevitably have been my house right now had our lovely N not been coming once per week.

There is nothing quite like walking through your front door after a long, hard work week to an immaculate home.  NOTHING.  Not even a good poop.  I tell you, it is bliss.

Why I never did this before, I shall never know.  Silly, stupid TCIE!  But now I have seen the error of my ways, and my cleaning lady is here to stay.

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

I so miss my cleaning lady! When we moved last summer I had to give her up because our rent went up so much. It was either a bigger house with a way better yard for my pups or keep my cleaning lady. Some days I really do think I've lost my mind....

Lucky as Sunshine said...

I've been thinking about hiring one, now I am going to have to check it out.

the misfit said...

Yeah, of all people who need some stuff taken off their plates - you're pretty high on the list. Glad that's making your life better!

Lora said...

I have been thinking about getting one. My house is a mess and I don't have time to clean. I think we will look into that

E said...

Need to get mine back. I will sell stuff to get her back! UGH!

Simone said...

Awesome. Good for you. Sometimes you just need to take care of yourself.

Donna said...

What a difference a clean house can make to your state of mind. Glad you are enjoying your cleaning lady!

Now, if I could only get mine back!

GraceofAdoption said...

Good for you. I've never had one, but have been thinking of how nice it would be. My cousin who lives 4 hours away has a cleaning business, and I keep wanting her to move here to I can hire her.

Faith makes things possible said...

That's awesome! Good for you for getting one!!!

JellyBelly said...

Yay! So glad that you finally got one!

Sarah said...

I soooooo want a cleaning lady. I am starting to think it's a necessity, not a luxury. Heck, my Dh's family (from Colombia) *always* had a staff at home. Wives never did it all. Ever!! What's wrong with us American women?

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Wow, you must really love her. I know how you feel about a good poop.

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

*THANK* you!!!!!!