Friday, April 26, 2013

5th Blogoversary

A day late, and a dollar short...


April 25th, 2008 - This Cross I Embrace began a blog, and a journey ensued that could never have been scripted.

In the Beginning... I was just getting started, with my first blog post.  A new career, a new web domain, a Facebook page, 189 subscribers and 5 years later, here we are.

The journey continues.  Right now, bumpier than ever before, as a new road must be paved and followed.  To this end, I hope to continue sharing my thoughts and feelings on a smaller scale, and I ask for your prayers as I step away from infertility/inadoption for awhile.

But I do owe proper recognition to this blog where so much growth took place, so much healing received, and so much strength acquired.

Thank you, blog.  Thank you for serving as a vehicle for me at such a crucial part of my life, and beyond.  Thank you, too, to all of you who have been reading along the way, and for being true friends and sisters.

Happy 5th Blogoversary  :)

18 comments:

matchingmoonheads said...

good to hear something...praying for you (as always) and i'm glad to be a part of watching/reading the TCIE evolution over the past...well I've probably only be around for 3-4 years. But still. Happy blogoversary!

Kat said...

Happy blogoversary TCIE!

Donna said...

Happy Blogoversary! I am thankful to have found your blog and am grafteful for your willingness to share so much of yourself with us! Blessings always!

E said...

Praying for you my friend, this November we will have known each other 5 years! May God Bless your journey.

JellyBelly said...

Happy blogoversary buddy! I am so grateful that the internets brought us together.

Continued prayers!

Casey said...

I've haven't commented much, but I've read this blog for close to 3 years now. I've been very privileged to read your beautiful posts, and I feel as though I've learned and benefited from them so much! I've prayed for you and will continue to do so as you tread your new path. Happy 5th Blogoversary!

Rebecca said...

Happy blogoversary! I'm so grateful to you for sharing your journey and for your friendship. As JB said, so grateful the internets brought us together!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Happy Blogoversary TCIE!! You have been an inspiration and source of help and healing for so many. I am praying tonight for the intentions of your heart. God Bless you!

prayerfuljourney said...

Happy Blogoversary and praying for you as you try to pave a smooth road from those bumps.

St. Rita's Roses said...

Happy blogoversary as well!! So blessed to have crossed your path!!

Simone said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Stephanie Z said...

Happy Blogoversery! I think yours was the first Catholic IF blog that I found, so it is through you that I have so much support and comfort; thank you!

Silvana said...

Happy 5th blogoversary! Thank you for sharing with all of us your journey of hope and faith. Praying for you. :)

Katie@NFP and Me said...

Happy blogoversary (a few days late)!! :)

Kate said...

I wanted to wish you a happy mother's day-I've been lurking on your blog for years and learned so much. I think yours was the first birth control story that really convicted me and it's your blog that gave me the confidence to start creighton for my health issues. I don't know if you've ever wondered if you're a spiritual mother, but you are to a girl in Texas that you've never met.

GraceofAdoption said...

I haven't been a big blog reader, but I have read yours and God has definitely used it in my life! Thank YOU!

callmemama said...

Happy blogoversary! Your blog has brought so many people together over the years :).

Maria said...


Happy 5th anniversary! So happy for your wonderful news! I've been praying for you for many years, my fellow Endo sister! When you get a chance, could you please read my latest post? I'd love to hear your opinion on Lupron. Thank you!

You and Baby are in my prayers!

Love,
Maria In Mass