Monday, March 4, 2013

Adoption Revisited... Again

I know what you're thinking.

We're glutton for punishment over here in the TCIE household.

No, honestly, we are not. After the fiasco of last October's meeting with the lawyer being Hurricane'd out... Mr TCIE and I talked about trying to reach out again in December, after multiple failed attempts, and decided it was best to just let it lie for awhile.



A while being, until April. At least.

Lo and behold, here were are. In March. And while talking to a friend and fellow blogger, it suddenly hit me - how quickly 6 months have come and gone. I've been hesitant to admit that April was upon us, because I wasn't sure how Mr TCIE felt about it. Just a question later, and the answer was clear: "Let's do it."

Let's do it - as in, let's re-open these wounds and charge forward in the hopes of gaining some insight, some answers, some finality to the whole how, when, and can we adopt matter. It won't be fun. That is certain. But it promises some new excitement, some new hope.

As you may remember, this October marks the possible end of the 2-Year Probation. Our thinking is that by "getting all of our ducks in a row" 6 months before that time, we could hopefully avoid all of the loose ends, red tape, and other pitfalls that are sure to await us around every corner.

We are ready. We were ready in January 2009 when we first mailed in our application. But in so many ways, we are more ready now. I believe since January 2009, we have conceived, labored, and birthed the Parents we were meant to be - in our hearts. Seasoning. It has done us great good.


Yes, Lord. We are open to life. Whatever life has planned for us. Show us the way. We will follow...




(Now, let's just hope a tsunami doesn't hit New Jersey in April.)

27 comments:

Shannon said...

yay :) Prayers!!

JellyBelly said...

WOOHOO!!!!

callmemama said...

Definitely praying for you!!!

Kat said...

Yay! Praying for you!

sayin' i love you said...

I wish the best to both you and your husband and will definitely be praying for this to happen :)

Lucky as Sunshine said...

Praying for you!!

Isaiah 55:8-9 said...

Woo-hoo!!! Praying!!! :)

Julie said...

A leap of faith! Opening old wounds are never fun!
Praying your grow on this journey! God bless!
I hope and pray that God opens doors for you to grow your family!

Praying for Hope said...

I wish you much luck and an easier path than what you're expecting ... for once. You deserve it.

Sarah said...

Praying!

DM + AM said...

Don't give up, some of the best things in life are worth fighting for!

https://www.facebook.com/FacingInfertilityACatholicApproach said...

:) Awesome news! Praying for you!

Nicole C said...

Thrilled to read this!!!

polkadot said...

I'm excited and hopeful for you!

Faith makes things possible said...

Y'all are in my prayers!!!

St. Rita's Roses said...

I am so praying for you guys!!

Sew said...

Praying for you....!!!

Sew said...

Why don't you be the blogger of the month for April!! I NOMINATE YOU!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Oh TCIE - this is awesome news and I will be adding my prayers that God will open doors to allow you guys to adopt!

Stephanie Z said...

Hooray! Praying for you.

More Than Anything said...

I cannot wait to hear all about it! Praying!!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

You ARE ready!!! And we are ready to PRAY for you!!!!!! Keep us updated!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Awesome!!!!! :-D. Count on prayers coming! And I second you as the Blogger of the month of April!!
(Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!)

one joyful day said...

Praying, praying!!

Being Refined said...

Praying for you dear friend! I hope this meeting with the attorney will bring good news, and some closure.

Kelly Summers said...

I really hope it works out! I really, really do. You will be such a wonderful mother! Have you ever tried (I am a new reader, so maybe you have tried this already and I don't know about it) a personal adoption? That's when the birth mother chooses you while she's pregnant and then places the baby in your arms herself after she has been discharged from the hospital. She signs an agreement giving you custody of the child and you sign accepting -- and you're done. No home inspections, no government agencies involved. I am sure it is difficult to find a woman who wants to do that, and of course she would have to get to know and trust you. Some crisis pregnancy centers may know of such women, however. One couple that I know was able to adopt this way -- a newborn baby who is super cute. :)

the misfit said...

So, you are gluttons for punishment, in fact. But, also, your timing sounds prudent to me. I will be praying for this latest leg of your journey.