Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My New Baby!!



This, ladies and gentleman, would be the best part of my 2013... my beautiful, healthy, NaPro (progesterone) godbaby - coming out of utero in September!!

Yes, this is my nephew or niece (and, since we are godparents, that means of course that it must be a girl, since we cannot seem to buy a godson) :) We were tickled pink to learn that we will once again have the honor of adding to our ever-growing family of godchildren (#4 for me, and #3 for both of us together).

And, did you notice how absolutely BEAUTIFUL that sonogram is?!?!?! That sonographer must have been pretty darned skilled, I tell ya.

The day of the ultrasound we had my sister and brother-in-law over for dinner, and this opportunity lent itself quite nicely to one of my all-time favorite Mr TCIE quotes. As my sister and brother-in-law enjoyed a movie in the parlour while Mr TCIE prepared dinner, I was setting the table and opened the bottle of red wine, about to pour myself a glass (yes, I like to get started drinking as soon in the meal as I can, and when possible, even before). I suddenly realized that my brother-in-law doesn't drink.

So I asked Mr TCIE:

"Is it rude to have a drink when neither of your guests can?"

To which my awesomely hilarious husband responded without hesitation:

"No. Is it rude to have a baby when neither of your hosts can?"

Gotta love that man o' mine :) And that cute godbaby up there... can't wait to squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze her little noggen!!!! (Don't worry sis... I won't.)



19 comments:

Angie and Richard said...

Classic!

JellyBelly said...

Being an auntie/godmother is the best! What a blessed baby!

Shannon said...

yipppeeee!

polkadot said...

Love your husband's comment. :)

sayin' i love you said...

Congratulations TCIE!

E said...

I agree with JB! Congrats!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

That was an awesome comeback! Congratulations on your new Godbaby!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Oh I forgot to mention, Grow, baby, Grow!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

I LOVE HIM! That is soooooo awesome!!!

barbie said...

I love your husband!! That's so great! Congrats!!

Kat said...

Congratulations TCIE! Your DH's comment is awesome!

St. Rita's Roses said...

Can you stop freaking me out!!??
congrats

Sarah said...

Lol! Awesome response by Mr. TCIE. :) You have a good husband! And CONGRATS on being an auntie AND godmother! :-D

Julie said...

Best husband quote ever!!!!! I LOVE to drink in front of pregnant people. It is a consolation prize!

Ania said...

LMAO Mr. TCIE!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I LOVE Mr. TCIE's response! I'll have to remember that. :-D
Congrats to you on adding to your "brood" of god-children!

the misfit said...

Seriously - hilarious.

So tell us, what was on the menu??? I am fascinated by cooks with actual training and experience. I'll watch the same episode of Julia and Jacques over and over just to see Jacques cut things or Julia nitpick his technique.

Glad to see the new niece is doing well!

CS said...

HAHAHHA
LOL

Lena said...

DEO GRATIAS! may you both continue to joyfully embrace this cross (with a wonderful sense of humor) and may you continue to grow as a spiritual mother to all your blessed Godchildren.

Pax Christi, Lena
p.s. i'm a new follower