Friday, January 4, 2013

Ummm... Advent Week 4...?

I probably shouldn't even start with the excuses at this point, right? But hey, I'm posting before the Epiphany, at least!

I would say it's been a busy few weeks, as it has been for everyone, but actually, the past few weeks have been rather enjoyable. Christmas was one of the most peaceful that we can remember for the span of our marriage, which was a very welcome surprise. After Christmas I did suffer some of the childless blues, but the peace seems to have snuck its way back in. Way to go, Holy Spirit!!

There are, as always, so many things to write about. Particularly since I have not posted in so long (again, sorry). In an effort to not overload my poor readers, if you are even still out there, I'll try my hand at TCIE's very first Quick Takes edition.

Quick Takes: The "Why There Was No Advent Week 4 Announcement" Version

1. When I posted about the 4 Advent announcements, I planned to save the last one for our adoption decision. I thought, for sure over the course of the entire month of December, we will reach some kind of decision about adoption pursuits for 2013. Fail :)

2. We have since had a long conversation and decided to give it more time before calling the lawyer back or pushing forward. This is particularly a painful time for DH, and we are both very much satisfied with concentrating on "just us" and the house for at least a little while this year. I of course will keep you posted of any changes, but in the meantime, I leave that up to YOU. If YOU want us to have children sooner... well, then, YOU'LL just have to pray harder for us, won't you? ;P

3. I got a nice, long, relaxing break from the crazy daily commuting over the past 2 weeks, and additionally, I had FIVE FULL DAYS of no work! I hardly knew what to do with myself!! I'm so not a good "relaxer." While taking a bubble bath the other day (what are those?!?!), I was texting, reading a book, and still couldn't stay in more than 20 minutes. I was relaxed just drawing the bath, to tell you the truth!

4. Speaking of work, next week will be my last week at the Gianna Center. I will certainly miss the staff and most of all the patients. But, I am very much looking forward to working at my full capacity.

5. Thanks to Sew, I am now brewing my own water kefir. I have what tastes exactly like a cream soda every. day. and I could not love it more. So yummy.

6. I know something you don't know.

7. We got a nice, hefty check from our house insurance for storm damage from Sandy. DH is getting quotes for all the work to try to get more, because it's not enough to cover everything, but it was still quite nice to see that check with my name on it. Is there anything better than receiving money in the mail?? Well, other than a baby, but ours must have fallen off the delivery truck.

8. Are there supposed to be 7 Quick Takes? I don't pay attention to these things. And, I like to live outside the confines of these silly, out-dated Quick Takes Rules. You don't own me, blogosphere!!!

9. That is all. For now. I promise I'll post again before next Advent.

15 comments:

KJL said...

Ahem....what is this about #6?? :)
Glad to read another of your posts!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

#6...funny, funny...such a tease.
#8 and #9 - you Quick Take Rebel you!
And yes, getting money in the mail is awesome. Hopefully you will get more this year and a baby! Happy New Year!

Kat said...

#7 Yes money in the mail is awesome! #2 I will pray harder for you on the children pursuit. I think it is wise for you and your DH to focus on each other, it sounds like you are super busy.

prayerfuljourney said...

I bet you know something we don't know. When will you fill us in on that? Sounds like gossip. hahaha.

Praying for you and your dh as you continue to discern God's will for your family. I'm with you on that...God isn't being too clear for us these days either (or is HE and we are blind?).

Silvana said...

Meglio tardi che mai.. ;)

JellyBelly said...

You are such a tease!

Catholic Mutt said...

Hmm, I could probably come up with something that I know that you don't, but it wouldn't be the same because I'm sure it wouldn't be something interesting or fun.

New Year's resolution... Learn to relax? Although if you felt more relaxed, then you don't have to do what everyone else finds relaxing.

Lucky as Sunshine said...

always leaving us, yearning for more..

Ania said...

Teasing isn't nice! Hope the repairs go well.

Rebecca said...

Yay for peace and time to relax and all of this! (well, except #6, because that's just not nice ;)).

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Also...less than three months til opening day!! Woo hoo!!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

And all I remember now is #6! Just as you planned it!! Ha ha!

St. Rita's Roses said...

why are you always teasing us!!

the misfit said...

#6: I would have known that even if you hadn't said so...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.