Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Getting into the Groove

This is my first week of my new schedule, but more than just a work schedule. I am waking up with enough time to make breakfast, making dinner when I come home, with enough leftover for some yummy lunch choices. I am also going to begin implementing the every-other-Friday morning Mass, and every night I am reading a little bit.

It's been great so far! My body isn't quite used to sleeping in past sunrise, so I'm trying to train it. But otherwise, I have already been more productive this week than I had been any other week.

My mind, body, and emotions have been all tied up in these changes, and I haven't really had a moment to concentrate on anything else, including blogging. I have read some blogs here and there, and I wish I could muster up something worthwhile for you to read here, but alas, my creativity has taken a backseat for the time being.

I don't know if this is a defense mechanism, or what. Am I purposely not allowing myself to think about childlessness and the suffering involved in it, or is the peace I feel permeating through me to clothe my pain? I honestly don't know. All I know is that I feel great, and don't really want to rock the infertile boat!

I am grateful, I am peaceful, I am joyful.


Of course, there are always complaints. And I can all but assure you my very next post will be chock full of them. And, I fully expect at some point for the pain of childlessness to be felt again more poignantly. When these moments occur, I will be sharing them in all their hideous glory. That's what I'm all about. Open honesty, and striving daily to be less of a sinner (and often miserably failing).

But for now, and I don't care how long it lasts, I choose to live in the moment. This moment of gratitude, peace, and joy.


Praise God!

10 comments:

DM + AM said...

So happy that your job transition has been good. It's all the little things like cooking, reading and sleep that really add up. It is about time you got a break in your schedule too! I was happy to read your advent updates in how you took some time to pampering yourselves.

You both are greatly loved by us!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Hooray!!! You are inspiring me, girl. I am so happy for you. This is the absolute right thing to do for your health and well-being, and I am so glad it's paying off! Whoot!!

ecce fiat said...

Hi! I'm a new blogger but have enjoyed your blog for a while. I think those changes sound super!

My experience with IF so far is that some days are just easier than others - who knows why. I try to embrace them and thank God for the tiny respite from dwelling on the pain of IF. Because it always seems to come back again (sorry - didn't mean to be such a downer!) Anyway, thanks for your blog - I'm excited to keep up in a more "official" way now.

Blessed and Broken said...

everyone needs a break from the heavy! so glad you have a chance to breath a bit. maybe time to plan a retreat? ;-)

the misfit said...

Nothing wrong with that. I'm just glad to hear you're getting more sleep. And food. I was kind of waiting for the day I'd see a news piece about you being up in a clock tower somewhere, picking people off. (And no one has more cause.) Less stress, more peace is a good thing.

barbie said...

I just love you!

JellyBelly said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!! I also love you, but you know that.

Sissy said...

Glad that you have found some peace of mind and that you are enjoying it for the time being. We all have good days and bad days.

Beth said...

Wooooo!

St. Rita's Roses said...

Ride this joyful wave!!!!!