Friday, October 12, 2012

Same

Nothing new.



DH and I were talking about it last night, and how we both are about to go crazy from feeling stagnant. Nothing is changing, nothing is happening, and yet we are both incredibly overtired, and on-the-go non-stop. Seems like with all the constant motion in our lives, we should have moved a great distance. But instead, we're treading water.

I've decided I at least need a new blog "look." I'll be looking into a re-design, re-vamp, etc. soon.

I also am waaaaay behind on pictures of some home renovation and design that has taken place in the past year. I promise, those are coming.


I had a heart to heart with God a couple of weeks ago. I sometimes talk to Him out loud (in my car, or alone in my room) - somehow speaking out loud helps me more fully express myself, and emote more. I didn't even know what I wanted to say, so I just started with,

"I'm Just. SO. Tired...."

I was waiting for the next words to form in my mind and fall out my mouth. Tired of... tired of... what? But nothing came.

And it hit me. I'm just TIRED. That's all. Not tired of any particular thing, or even any general thing. I'm just plain tired.

I really cannot fathom continuing like this without some kind of change soon. There may be some changes on our horizon, but whether or not they actually transpire is yet to be determined.

I need to apologize, because this is not what I wanted this blog to be. I feel like all of my readers are dropping like flies because, like me, they are just tired of reading the same. silly. thing. over here, time after time after time. I truly wish I had some news to share. Any news. I wish this blog hadn't turned into a "Thanks for stopping by, still barren and unable to adopt over here!" place that it has become. It's old. I get it. TRUST ME, I get it.


I'm ready to move forward.

Bring it.

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Hugs.

Lucky as Sunshine said...

Thinking of you!

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,Courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Lianna said...

I can't help but think all the change is going to come all at once. That seems to be how life is. It's going along the same, and then bam! everything is turned inside out.

Something good is coming, I'm sure of it. And I love reading your insights!

Catholic Mutt said...

Praying that you get some rest. Physical rest, because that helps a lot, mental rest from being in the same spot, and rest from being in the same spot! I know well that feeling of stagnation!

Ania said...

No need for apologies! Treading water is so draining and no one is dropping like flies. We are here to pray with you and for you. Praying for you to be able to rest.

JellyBelly said...

We need a vacation. Together. Pronto.

callmemama said...

Hope you get some rest soon. You deserve a break, that's for sure!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your house :).

prayerfuljourney said...

Know that tired feeling over here as well!

Stephanie Z said...

I'm with you! Tired of feeling like going no where while everyone else passes you by.

I hope you are able to find the rest you need.

Lavished with Lemons said...

I empathize, as well! And I'll keep reading, no matter what! I know my DH feels very stagnant in life right now (I do, too, but I think to a lesser extent)

CS said...

Well, I still like knowing how you are - it is certainly never boring or same old same old. You _should_ go on a vacation with JellyBelly!

ALIVEINHOPE said...

I'm right there with you... and SO tired. :(

Hubs and I will be talking w/ Dr. H on the phone Thursday. Dr. T should have his report to Omaha by then, so we can re-schedule surgery and schedule our trip to NYC.

So... Should we plan a girls day out in your neck of the woods??? :)

Thankful said...

I hope that your tiredness is interrupted by something fun soon! I can't wait to see some remodel pics. I swoon over your home...

Hebrews 11:1 said...

This fly won't drop. I'm that annoying buzzy fly who won't go away. ;) praying for you, dear friend!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

I'm still here:))) hang in there. The Lord did not bring you to this earth for nothing. He has plans for you...as hard as it seems. I do pray for you and have great hope for you:)

Natasha Metzler said...

Oh, my. I can relate so much with this post.

From one tired heart to another, blessings,
Natasha

Sarah Johnson said...

I've been here since the beginning, and I'll be here forever! Love you.

Made For Another World said...

I'll read no matter what! Your journey is one worth following even if it feels like it's stalled. Praying for you...

Beth said...

Still here ;)