Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ode to My Sis

I haven't forgotten my promise to post pictures of our progress on the house. It's just a matter of finding the time to sit at my home computer (where the pictures are) and upload. Soon, people, soon :)


But this weekend I am otherwise indisposed. It is my sister's much-anticipated wedding. She is marrying a strong, kind, generous, and warm man this Saturday... and her story gives me hope. Her first marriage was not a marriage (and has been annulled by the Church). She suffered intensely for almost ten years before realizing that the abuse was not only hurting her, but her daughter (my first god-daughter), too. She fought her way back over the past 8 years or so, rebuilding all of the wonderful qualities she always innately possessed but which had been buried in self-preservation. And just at the right time - she met her partner.

I am so proud of the woman she has become, which of course sounds weird since she is 9 years older than me, but I mean it. Her resilience through some of the worst possible situations a person could endure have encouraged and supported me as I walk with my cross. And, I couldn't be happier that her day has now arrived.


Congratulations, Sis!!!

Now, go make me some more nieces and nephews :)

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations to your sister! May this weekend be full of love and joy (and niece/nephew making).

E said...

Beautiful! Enjoy your family. :)

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

OH MY GOSH I was just thinking about her and wondering!!! Tell her congratulations from me!!

the misfit said...

What a blessing!

JellyBelly said...

How exciting!!! You're gonna rock that dress, btw!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your sister! That story of change is an inspiration!

DM + AM said...

You are in our prayers!

sweet jane said...

Thanks, sis...I love you!