Friday, May 25, 2012

That "News" I Told You Was Coming...

By this point, our "news" is not so much new. But I did promise to update, so here ya go.

After much discernment in finding a new niche/career for Mr TCIE, he decided to enroll in a nutrition program to become a Health Coach :)

Coupled with his education at The C.ulinary Ins.titute of Am.erica, we think this will afford TONS of options for him, and we are both just so excited about the many, many prospects - including joining efforts to be a Health/FertilityCare Practitioner Team, possibly some personalized meal planning, cooking lessons, cookbooks, fertility-specific cookbooks, etc. (Or actually, my favorite idea is a co-authored "Food for the Cycle" book, which will help women to know which foods will be best for them at certain times of their cycle, regardless of if they desire conception.)

So... that's our news. Classes began (online) May 14th, and he is really enjoying it thus far!

More importantly right now, we are going through (yet again) another very intense time... which will continue through the 3-day weekend and beyond, probably for about 2 more weeks. I ask for your prayers to that end, for our strength to make it through and to both be better people on the other side.

Financially, things are also a complete wreck over here. But I'm hopeful that after this rough patch, once DH can begin seeing clients, we'll get our heads above water. Remember that home loan modification we applied for? We still have not received an answer from the bank, and because of that, have not made any mortgage payments in over 6 months. (We've been told NOT to make payments while it's in review, just fyi. I'm not THAT irresponsible ;) )
This is the ONLY reason why we're semi-making ends meet right now. My salary between the two jobs isn't enough. Despite the fact that I work 7 days a week. Talk about frustrating.

I do have some more thought-provoking posts in my head, which I will try to write this weekend.
I almost hesitate to push "publish" with this one... so boring... sorry...

18 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Wow, you guys would be an awesome dynamic duo! That sounds so cool and I would buy your cookbook - I need all the help I can get in that area! Prayers coming as well!!! Have a good weekend!

sthenryii said...

Those plans sound awesome! I'll pray for you both!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

That career sounds exciting! There are tons of options with health coaching.

Little JoAnn said...

Wishing him all the best in his new career venture. I love the ideas for the books. I see a best seller in your futures.

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Congrats to him!

Michelle Hughes said...

That sounds interesting and exciting! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

Love Mr. TCIE's new path! It sounds like a wonderful fit for both of you :).

Isn't money the worst thing ever? I swear it seems like just as soon as we feel like we can breath the rug gets pulled out from under us. Prayers that the loan modification comes through AND that Mr. TCIE's new career is profitable financially as well.

Keeping you both in prayer daily - and through the weekend and beyond.

the misfit said...

How awesome to be moving forward with a new direction! Sorry your rotten bank hasn't gotten back to you - what with the shaky position of banks these days, you'd think they'd be a little more on the ball with the whole arena of loss prevention measures.

I can't believe you work so much...it exhausts me just thinking about it! I hope you can have a more manageable schedule soon!

And, prayers for your weekend.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Prayers continuing for you!
Congrats to Mr. TCIE! The new career sounds phenomenal!!! I'd like to be his first guinea pig on the diet front. :-) I think your dynamic duo plan is the best thing I've ever heard! I'm excited to watch it unfold!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

AIHPT, I'll let you know when he can begin taking clients ;)

mrsblondies said...

That's so exciting for your husband! And extra awesome that you could work together on a women's health/nutrition book.

Patiently Waiting...... said...

I love this plan! This is going to work out great.....for both of you!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Oh, that is great! I bet you are both so excited. I think it sounds like a great career path. I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

one joyful day said...

What an awesome collaboration! Good luck to him and you both on this new plan! I would totally be interested in your book :) Continued prayers for this news and for all the money stuff too.

JellyBelly said...

I'm do excited for the both of you!!!

Made For Another World said...

Exciting stuff! Gosh, what an important and much needed field he'll be serving. Good for hubs! By the way, this is not boring at all- it is huge!

Lucky as Sunshine said...

wow. so exciting. I could use him after my visit with the Na.Pro doctor.

callmemama said...

What exciting news! I love it - sounds like the perfect career paths :).