Monday, January 2, 2012

222 - Exactly Where I'm Meant to Be

So, after making my decision to stop "trying" to conceive (quotations, as I've explained before, necessary due to the fact that obviously since I have ovaries and my husband has sperm, the chance is always there to conceive, unless we stopped having sex altogether), I had tons of emotions zipping through my head. Like I said, it's not like I can put my intense desire for a family on a shelf, or bury it under the cold winter ground. Pregnancy announcements still hurt, as do adoption announcements. I've received some amazing emails and messages from fellow childless women who reached a similar place in their journeys, and I know I'm not alone. (Thank you.)

So, I discussed all of this with a co-worker/friend last week, after I finally got my period and realized that yes, this decision was being put into place. We always have such wonderful discussions, and she was very supportive of me. I left work and went to the health food store for groceries for the week. I wound up getting a ton of stuff, and the bill came to $222.34. When I saw the total, I told the cashier, "Hmph. That's gotta be good luck,right?" She reached down under the counter and pulled out a book, gave it to me, and said, "I don't know- but you can look it up!" The cover of the book said something about Angels and Numbers. So, I leafed through to the number "222."

It said: "Trust that you are exactly where you're meant to be. Let go and have faith."

After paying the bill and loading up the car, I immediately texted my co-worker to let her know about this amazing God-incidence. She actually had to remind me that the address of our NaPro Center is ALSO 222 ;)

I knew when I made the decision that fear aside, there was a peace within it. But it's always nice to have confirmation that you're doing the right thing.

Now... what in the world am I going to do with myself in 2012??? Any ideas? ;)

14 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Well, I think in 2012 you should celebrate the Yankees' 28th World Series. :) Glad you are feeling at peace. You are such a special person to me. :)

Jenny said...

I'm not sure about the Yankees... but that is a cool God-incidence.

E said...

What an interesting God-incidence. :) I agree, you are right where you need to be. maybe just work on accepting that? I know its hard, though.

Made For Another World said...

Love when that happens and since it's so rare, it's ever the more sweeter. Glad you had some validation today. God Bless you dear TCIE.

Made For Another World said...

Love when that happens and since it's so rare, it's ever the more sweeter. Glad you had some validation today. God Bless you dear TCIE.

Faith makes things possible said...

Wow!!! How amazing...an "in your face" sign!!! That's so crazy!! Who knows what 2012 will hold...just know I'm still praying for you!!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

That's pretty cool! Glad you're feeling good!

JellyBelly said...

That Hebrews always steals the best ideas! ;)

I think this would be a great time to use that gym membership! I know that getting into shape helped me so much psychologically. And perhaps you can convince that husband of yours to join you....

Those 222's were definitely not a coincidence!!!

the misfit said...

You have more energy than most anyone I know, so you will definitely need another project (though I nominate more sleep as high on the list, too). I would say the house (that's my distraction project, obviously), except that YOU STILL HAVEN'T EVEN POSTED PICTURES OF THE DINING ROOM so why would I even bring that up?

I have accepted your "hang out with TCIE" as an addition to my 2012 goals (though NOT diet changes, thankyouverymuch), so maybe you could put that on your list, too :).

Rebecca said...

Love love love it when God is clear!!!

2012 Suggestions:
Write a book
Go on a speaking tour
Take a road trip and visit all of us bloggers

You know - do fun stuff, because no matter how many times we say if I end up with a baby it will all be worth it, none of this journey is fun!!!!

Hannah's Song said...

It is also the address of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia! Hmmm...

"All in His Perfect Timing" said...

Yes! E said it perfectly ... a God-incidence! I love Rebecca's ideas ... especially the speaking tour! Think of how many lives you'll impact that way. :-)

hisessenceislove said...

I think you should post more photos of your beautiful house! :) Then, once your done with that, write a book about your journey of letting go and letting God!!!!!!

"The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is - trust.
The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive" (Diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, 1578).

some how, some way, some day said...

Love those God-incidences!

What will 2012 bring? That is the magic question for both of us, isn't it? I'll be watching anxiously!