Friday, December 30, 2011

Patron Saint 2012

For those who have been following my blog for awhile, you'll remember that in November or December each year, I always get very excited about getting "assigned" a Patron Saint for the upcoming calendar year. A Patron Saint will be that special go-to friend in heaven, to help you intercede and petition God on your behalf. Two years ago, I was given the name of St Raphael, one of the Archangels, and it was amazingly appropriate. You can read about that here.

Last year, I was given St Eugene de Mazenod, a Saint I was unfamiliar with up to that point. He has been a good friend this year, particularly as I battled the demons attacking my marriage. Ironically, he is the patron Saint for dysfunctional families, and you may remember how funny I found that to be at the time ;)

This year, unfortunately, the wonderful lady who used to pick the Saints for us has closed her blog. But I was able to find a link on another site:

http://www.jenniferfulwiler.com/saints/

Here, you can say a quick prayer before pressing the button, and assign yourself a Patron Saint for the new year!

So, I did. Said a prayer, asked that God lead me to just the right Saint for 2012, and here's what I got:

St. George


Patronage: Against Herpes; Against Plague; Against Skin Diseases; Against Skin Rashes; Against Syphilis; Agricultural Workers; Archers; Boy Scouts; Butchers; Cavalry; Chivalry; Equestrians; Farmers; Field Workers; Knights; Lepers; Palestinian Christians; Saddlers; Sheep; Shepherds; Soldiers


Yes. Take that herpes and syphilis! Your powers will have no effect on ME in 2012!

Awesome.

:)

12 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

:) I am very glad you will not be getting herpes, syphilis, skin infections, or the plague this year. Lol!

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

St. George, eh? I'm thinking he can slay the dragon of infertility….

Monica said...

You never know when a plague fighting saint might come in handy...

"All in His Perfect Timing" said...

LOL!!!! I hope St. George reveals his wonderful help to you ... and that it has nothing to do with any infectious diseases ... except infertility!
Thanks for the link! I'll be finding out my patron saint in a sec.

Little JoAnn said...

You may have just started a new trend...I can see it now...the shrine to St. George yet to be built in NJ.

Faith makes things possible said...

Lol!!! Go St, George!! :):)

God Alone Suffices said...

I got St. Anne Line. Patroness of...childless couples. That's the second year in a row I got a patron saint of infertility. :(

Silvana said...

Hi,

thank you for sharing the saints link. I tried too and I got Our Lady of Guadalupe. O-O

JellyBelly said...

Still giggling from your message the other day.

I'm so glad that you're covered for syphilis and herpes!

;)

CM said...

That's awesome! I will say that I know where you can find some rodents with the plague. It's still around!

barbie said...

So funny!! Glad that syphillis, herpes and plaque are covered for ya!:)

LoveSaintGianna said...

St. George was the last school I taught at. I prayed to him often, and he was a big help!! It is also my husband's name, as you know!! Oray to him, and I agree with Leila...maybe he will slay the many dragons and demons "infertility, etc." you find in your life. Keep in touch!!! xoxoxo