Friday, December 2, 2011

Liebster Award and Advent Update

Thank you JellyBelly for my Liebster Award :)


The Liebster Award spotlights up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. In return for the award, the recipient bestows the award on five of their favorite bloggers.


Here are my winners:
1. JellyBelly (it doesn't say you can't nominate the person who nominated you!)
2. the Misfit
3. LifeHopes
4. Finding Joy in Every Journey
5. Polkadot

Upon receipt of the Liebster Blog Award, there are a few very simple rules:


1. Copy and paste the award on your blog
2. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
4. Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.

Actually, I'm kinda bummed I have fewer than 200 followers... so... if you don't follow me already, follow me so I can get over 200!! That's my new Christmas goal, haha! :)

In other Advent news, the "intense healing" period that my husband and I are going through is going well. There is definite suffering going on, so I ask for your prayers to that end. I can't really go into more detail because it's very personal, but this is the most intense period of our entire relationship, and we've been together 10 years come January 15th. I can't even believe it's been that long... wow. Anyway, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it's going to be a long, dark, tumultuous ride.

Nothing exciting going on with my fertility. No new treatments or anything. Trying to not stress about it, but with Christmas coming up, it's hard not to. There's just so much on my plate right now, that childlessness is not in the forefront these days. But even in the background, it is a source of constant pain and suffering.

11 comments:

JellyBelly said...

You are very welcome!!!!

Continued prayers for healing for you and Mr. TCIE. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

surpriseofunfolding said...

I am praying for you. I know that great joy can come after suffering - but when you are in the valley it sometimes feels like it will never end.

the misfit said...

Well, one of my current prayer intentions is to get to go through that tumultuous ride in my own marriage :). I know this sounds strange, but when you posted that you were taking that challenge on, I was so happy for you. I'm sure it's terribly painful, but such a blessing and needed by so many (so far including me) who never get it.

In other words...you are one of my personal heroes :). Heroines. Anyway. Thank you very much for the award. That's so sweet of you!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Praying for continued healing for you!!

Ania said...

This might sound cheesy love, but I'm gonna say it anyway. To quote the Batman, The Dark Knight movie, "The night is always darkest before the dawn". Glad you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Be Not Afraid said...

I am glad you are surrendering your fertility to heal your marriage. God is preparing you both for something great. Not that you aren't both great already...

CM said...

Not really sure why things have to be so hard sometimes to get to the good stuff, but definitely praying for you!

Tridentine Wife said...

Whoa, you have been put through the wringer lately. Hopefully things will begin to clear up soon.

Rebecca said...

Does it help if I tell you that I too am shocked you don't have more than 200 followers? No? Sorry ;).

You and your husband are in my prayers daily as you travel through the darkness towards the light that you see. Don't take your eyes off the light - it is worth it in the end. IF takes so many things from us, but our marriages are our gifts from God and I pray for yours to continue to strengthen daily.

E said...

Prayers for you as always. Thanks for the award!! I think you are "feeling the darkness" of Advent quite appropriately. Dr. D would be proud.

polkadot said...

Thanks for the nomination. You are too kind.

I am shocked that you don't have 200 followers though...