Friday, June 17, 2011

Undoing Knots

I figured this is a good blog post title for today for a few reasons. Obviously I am hoping that this Clear Passage treatment undid many of the knots preventing my reproductive organs from functioning as they should. I am also hoping that the HUGE knots preventing us from adopting will begin to unravel, starting with a good outcome at the next court date on June 30th. So, I've decided to start a Novena to Mary, Undoer of Knots again (yes, I've done this Novena before, several times) - but maybe more earnestly this time around.

Today's final treatment sessions were very emotional for me. It was both sad and scary to think that this is it. The end. There are NO other treatments I have not yet tried, and if this doesn't work, I will never conceive. I am hopeful but overwhelmed with fear all at the same time.

Both E and K were SO wonderful this week, and my last treatment of the day was scheduled with K (aka Stubby). As I gave E a hug goodbye, I got choked up. After all, she knows me intimately after this week. Aside from having a good working knowledge of my rectum and cervix, we also spoke a lot about our adoption issues. As K was finishing up the final session of the day, she felt that one of my large restrictions was on the cusp of letting up, and she asked if I could stick around for a while. OF COURSE I CAN! She had a phone consult to do at 4:00pm, so she stepped out for a bit, and then suddenly E came back in the room! She said she was on her way out when K told her she was going to do some more work on me, and she decided to stay and also treat me some more :) Yay!!

It's a good thing I got that last hour in, too, because I felt things in that hour that I hadn't felt all week long. When the pain got so intense from stretching the band of adhesion, it shot right into my spinal cord. Then, suddenly my lower pelvic area and legs were AFLAME! That happened about 3-4 times while working on my very stubborn restriction around the doudenojejunal junction (DJ junction), descending down and medially to the pubis. Then at a certain point I even felt my face get very hot and flushed. She said there were certainly areas that were still slightly restricted, but that the majority of that area is much, much better.

And now onto the good stuff.

I asked K (who has been working at Clear Passage for a long time) what is the typical timeframe for most people in having success achieving pregnancy after treatment. (E had told me that while she has been there, no one has conceived the same cycle as treatment.) K, however, said that there have been some cases of people conceiving the same week as treatment, and that MOST pregnancies occur by 14 months after treatment. She said the longest she's seen was 4 years, but that was one rare instance.

I am determined to be the first one E has seen get pregnant the week of treatment!!

I have been sent home with many exercises that I need to do every day, and also DH has been trained how to manipulate my abdominal organs and work out restrictions that shouldn't be there. (He was good at it, too! I think being a Chef lends itself nicely to knowing how to distinguish the feel and consistency of things, if that makes sense.) We got to pick out a massage tool to help me work on myself (they gave it to me for free!) and then I also asked if I could have the leftover Pre-Seed in the almost-empty bottle to use this weekend ;) She gave me a full bottle!

I can't say enough about how very nice they were. I gave them, as they requested, the links for FertilityCare.com and NaProTechnology.com, as well as Dr Hilger's new book on medical and surgical NaPro (available at Amazon). K brought in someone's Creighton chart to show me!! Apparently the patient had brought color copies of her Creighton chart and explained a little bit about how it worked to K during her treatment! Hahaha!

It will feel odd not being poked and prodded tomorrow. This week was such a healing week, and my body (and mind) are still processing a lot of it. I'm sure I'll have more thoughts on this to share with you next week.

In any event, I will be starting my Novena to Mary, Undoer of Knots, on June 22nd, to end on June 30th. June 30th is also when my 30-Day Novena to St Joseph will end. June 30th is the date of the court proceeding deciding if DH got PTI. I will take my Ultrasound Physics Registry Exam on June 30th. And, if things go accordingly, I will also be able to take a home pregnancy test on June 30th. Should be an interesting day, to say the least.

I'll post the Novena here on the 22nd for anyone who would like to join me.

Gotta run, I am meeting up with MTA and her hubby tonight for dinner in Gainesville, AS WELL AS a dear friend from the C.atholic F.ertility Yah.oo group who is miraculously pg after 10 years of primary IF (and going through Dr Kwak-Kim treatment unsuccessfully, like me) :) Can't wait to meet her!

17 comments:

Shannon said...

praying!

barbie said...

Id love to say the novena with you!!

Cathy said...

Joining you in prayer~

the misfit said...

I think I will be juuuuust about done with my current two (yes, two, and I just finished another one) novenas about then. (Now doing some counting in my head. I will be done with ONE of them, so I will basically be doing two novenas on any given day during June. Is that legal?) And that sounds like a very worthy intention(s) to me. I have to warn you, though - I invariably screw up at least one day in any novena.

JellyBelly said...

I am so glad that you benefited so much from this treatment!!

I am definitely going to join you in this novena. I've got some knots to undo for myself!!!

Have fun tonight!

Elisabeth said...

we just finished that novena. :)

AND my birthday is June 30 so I will definitely keep you in prayer and be thinking about you!

Amazing Life said...

Have fun tonight visiting! Praying that you have a great weekend and the best day ever on the 30th!!

Carla Dobs said...

Will happily do the Novena with you!!

Carla
www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com

More Than Anything said...

I will join in of course!

It was so nice to see you again tonight.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

I love hope and I love perseverance. I love Mary, undoer of knots, and I will be praying for your knots to be totally, utterly undone. This is all so amazing.

Simone said...

I am glad that you had a good experience with your treatment.
Now that your insides are all realigned, what is your plan? Are you going natural for awhile or do you have some napro type meds/hormones you will be taking?

Clara said...

I will join in on the Mary Undoer of knots novena.

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Such a powerful novena, I will join you as well!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

I love your positive attitude:) I'm doing other novenas but will start including u in those!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

I have been having blogger issues lately, but wanted to thank you so much for your message in your blog the other day. I have done this amazing novena several times and always I have seen many blessings happen. I will join you!! I even have tons of leaflets of this novena at home since a dear friend is helping build a shrine for this advocation in Brasi. =)

doctorgianna said...

I will say the novena with you!

St. Rita's Roses said...

Sounds like it went VERY well!! June 30th is going to be a HUGE day! I am praying for you and DH. Yes, I would love to do this novena!