Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Clear Passage Day 3

Another brief update, not because I have any pressing business to attend to, but because I'm not feeling so hot.

The therapy is going great. But it's definitely not all warm and fuzzy feeling all the time. Actually, maybe less than 5% of the time does it actually feel GOOD. But I am reminded by the therapists that the intense pressure and even pain indicates to them where spots need to be worked on. For example, they worked today on a lot of diaphragm restriction that I (apparently) have, but not directly on the diaphragm. They found a connecting line down on the liver, near the gall bladder, and it was all honkey-dorey until I tried to take a deep breath and thought I was being stabbed through the liver. The therapist was happy (and she was the only one), because this meant that she was on the "right" spot. She told me to continue breathing through it as much as possible.

Of course, at any time that I find the pressure to be too intense to handle, I tell them. They said it won't help me to endure it just for the sake of doing what I think is best, because then my tissue will actually work against them by tensing up. DH says I do this all the time - just endure pain and not speak up about it, so I've been working on that this week ;)

Another particularly tight area on my body are my sides, all the way from my shoulders to my lower pelvis. When they worked on those it felt like someone had given me a very weak local anaesthetic and was cutting me open with scissors from hip to ribcage. Lovely :)

The internal work is mostly geared towards softening my cervix, which was very tight/adhesed to begin with. After each internal session, the therapist remarks that she feels a lot of progress. Well, that's because my cervix is an overachiever, thankyouverymuch. You go, girl.

I have been experiencing a few constant dull headaches after treatment, which they also said is common due to the increased flow of blood to the brain.

Other than that, not much to report.
Here's a picture I sent Sew after yesterday's treatment:


Looks like Shelby's been running nails up her belly.

11 comments:

callmemama said...

I love hearing all these details! This is something I was dying to do years ago, but couldn't because of the cost. I love that you're getting to do it (even though it sounds painful).

Rebecca @ The Road Home said...

This is really really interesting. I'm calmer now and I'm so glad Cliff stopped by and read your account and that he was helpful (I'm not surprised, but I may be a bit bias.)

Thank-you for sharing all of this - it really is so interesting. Many many prayers are coming your way.

Ashley said...

makes sense, the tension, the pain, the release, the outlet.....we pray that enduring this will lead to healing...keep hydrating and we will ask for intercession from our Blessed Mother for you!

Chasing said...

so interesting! Glad it is going well!

Julie said...

Pretty sure that I would be crying the whole time.

Hope all this helps you!!

Karen said...

I'm glad it's going well! It sounds excruciating!

I love Steel Magnolias! :)

St. Rita's Roses said...

I think I would be so nervous so go back tomorrow! Sounds tough! I am glad they are seeing progress....

I have no clue what that pic is....please tell me that's not ur stomach from all the massages!

JellyBelly said...

Love this!!! I'm wondering how "high pain tolerance" JellyBelly would fare with this treatment....

barbie said...

ouch! I was also one that was dying to try this years ago and am SO glad you are able to go!! Love hearing the (painful) details. I pray this does the trick!

"His Perfect Timing" said...

Girl, you're one tough cookie! Keep it up!!!

CM said...

I'm not at all familiar with this particular treatment, but I have to laugh, because I do this all the time to people (just not on internal organs). That is, when we find the tight or painful spot, it's a good thing, even if it hurts. Still sounds mean, though. Prayers that it all works well for you!!