Tuesday, June 28, 2011

And With Two Days Left to My Novenas...

As you'll remember, I've been saying this 30-Day St Joseph Novena since June 1st, in anticipation of THE court date on Thursday which will decide once and for all if DH gets approved for Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI).

I also began this Novena to Mary, Undoer of Knots, to end on June 30th.

But what most of you don't know is that my husband and I started yet a third Novena to Our Lady of La Leche a few days ago. Usually I'm not one to pray more than one Novena at once, but the timing of these Novenas falling into my lap made me feel like it was crucial for me to do each one of them NOW.

A commenter on my blog offered to send me some rock powder from Our Lady of La Leche. I responded that I would be thrilled if she could send me some, but then I didn't hear back from her for a while (about a month - but don't worry, R, I was too busy to notice anyway!!) Then just this past week, she responded that she was going to get it in the mail asap, and it arrived late last week. It was then, and only then, that I realized how very special this gift from someone who had never met me was. I had mistakenly thought that the rock powder was from the shrine to Our Lady in St Augustine (the one I recently visited). Oh, no. This rock powder, as tradition claims, is from the Holy Family's Flight to Egypt, during which time Our Lady fed the baby Jesus, spilling some of her milk upon the rocks - creating this milky-white powder.

Can we say - WOW?!?!?!

I do understand that this is tradition, and not Church doctrine by any means, but I still feel amazed to be in possession of something that may very well have come from Mary, herself!!!

The instructions were for me and DH to take some grains of the powder in water for 9 days, reciting the 3rd Joyful Mystery. That's it. Definitely simple enough for me to master :)

So, our intentions during these Novenas have been many. Each morning, and each night, I pray:

a) for PTI to come through on Thursday
b) for DH to find a reliable-income job, that makes him happy, and keeps us financially secure
c) for my work intentions (more on this momentarily)
d) for healing from our infertility (and actually, I've been more specifically praying that we conceived THIS cycle... no beating around the bush this time!!)
e) that we may one day be able to adopt and/or foster

Poor Mary and St Joseph must have to write lists to keep all my intentions straight.

Well, the graces have already begun to flow, and I can only hope that all of my prayers over the past 5 years and beyond are coming to fruition now.

About a month ago, my NaPro Dr announced that she will be moving into a new building in September, and also taking on a new Dr who just went through the NaPro training herself (after having two of her patients suffer strokes from the birth control pill in the same week). She had asked me to increase my hours to serve in more capacities when the new Dr starts, which is next month. Additionally, and even more exciting, is that simultaneously, the hospital that owns the Gianna Centers (the one in NYC and the one in NJ where I also work) is "talking" to my NaPro Dr about bringing her office on-board as yet a third Gianna Center! THIS would mean wonderful things for NaPro patients on the East Coast!

Developments have looked promising for this to happen all month...

Then, almost immediately after starting the Mary, Undoer of Knots Novena, DH calls me at work to tell me that one of the construction jobs he's been working tirelessly on for months is submitting their down-payment (including all overhead and profit) on July 10th. This amounts to $45,000, to be split three ways - 1/3 into the company, 1/3 for DH's parents, and 1/3 for us - $15,000. I cannot even tell you how BADLY we need that money right now. It probably was not the wisest decision for us to go to Clear Passage this month, because it really left us completely broke. But I am seeing now that God most certainly does provide!

That's not all.

Just after starting the third Novena, to Our Lady of La Leche, DH called me today to tell me he GOT A JOB!!!!! And that's not even the best part! He got a job in construction, as a site manager, which means that he will be working very similar hours to me and NO weekends!!! (Had he landed a Chef job, it would have kept us from seeing each other... at all.) Plus, the position pays more than what his "stipulated" salary with his father is supposed to pay!!! I am SO happy about this!!!

Other things are happening, too - I had wanted to (eventually) offer my expertise on NaPro-specific ultrasound as a "trainer" for anyone interested in becoming a Sonographer for a NaPro Center. I had even talked it over with my NaPro Dr as a possibility for the future. Well, it would seem that my services are already in great demand, and I have been approached about offering the training this summer! 5 years ago when I saw the Creighton Model Introductory Session and thought to myself "I'd love to do this someday," never did I imagine just how involved I would be in this beautiful work, and just how many lives I would be able to touch. God is so amazing.

Two more days before the court date. Oh, please, dear God, keep this ball rolling...



and a pregnancy would also be much appreciated :)

25 comments:

Lianna said...

I've read your blog for awhile, and I just want to say PRAISE GOD! You and your DH have been through so so much pain, and it's great to see good news!! Praying for a baby, too!

Faith makes things possible said...

Oh my goodness!! How very exciting!! I'm so happy for you and your dh and the blessings that are occurring in your life!! I pray that those blessings continue to overflow and that we get to hear more good news from you soon!!! :):):)

Ps, I am praying the Mary Undoer of Knots novena-thanks for sharing!!!-and I'm loving the prayers and hoe different this novena has been.,,different in it's forcing me to ray the rosary, which I love but get lazy...so THANK you for sharing!!

Praying even more for you!!

Rebecca @ The Road Home said...

This makes my heart happy and gives me so much hope. Continued prayers for you!

Lisa said...

Smiling so hugely! I have chills right now, and think it's time that I start a Novena at our home, too!!!

Praying and crossing fingers and toes...

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Oh, Lord, keep things rolling!!!

Second Chances said...

Praise God! These are such wonderful developments! It is so beautiful to see God at work in the lives of those who are faithful to Him. I have no doubt that more miracles are on their way :)

the misfit said...

WOW!!! That's all amazing. I am particularly and especially excited about your DH getting a job - not only in what he's good at and at hours that will allow you to see each other (that's key!), but for people who will actually pay him!!! That will do so much not only for your finances, I'm sure, but for your marriage and your peace of mind. (But make sure he collects that check from the in-laws before he tells them he'll be working elsewhere! And get that three-way split thing in writing - email totally counts!)

I have been praying the Mary, Undoer of Knots novena too - I am almost done for today. I did the whole thing for Saturday (well) after midnight, but it was Saturday and I think she understands. I can't wait to hear your updates on Thursday! (You have to update!!)

CM said...

That's so wonderful!! Hope to keep hearing good news!!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Woo hoo!! Hopefully the wonderful things continue!!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

That is AMAZING!!!!!

I can't believe how many novenas you have going! Your'e amazing! You crack me up- Mary adn Joseph must need to keep a list of your intentions! :)

Wow!!! God is so faithful! Praying praying praying for that court date.

Megan said...

WOW! Such wonderful graces!! I am still with you on the Undoer of Knots novena! :) Praying that you have even more good news at the end of the week and the end of this cycle. :)

Be Not Afraid said...

Oh my! I am so happy for you to have so many good things happening. How exciting about the new jobs for the both of you! I just hope he sends you that one big consolation that we all want to hear about.

Tridentine Wife said...

YaY! That is a load of good news. I am so happy for you guys!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

I almost shouted from excitment reading this post!!! So happy for you!!!! . Let´s not forget St. Anthony!!! haha! I am sure he had to do with youd DH job!! it was one of the intentions. Now I have to repay him!!! =P
And wait and see what St Joseph and Mary undoer of knots can do!! Even more!!! and the powder. I have some also given to me by a friend that had it and did not use it since she adopted and stopped TTC. I have heard the most, most amazing stories. I will start using it! you have inspired me!

JellyBelly said...

Please Lord continue with these blessings!!!!!

Ashley said...

may God continue to hear these intercessory prayers!!!......keep rolling forward!

More Than Anything said...

Wow! Such good news! Thank you God!

I hope the good things continue!!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Oh my goodness! I was looking for a post to catch up on you and I certainly got that! Lots of exciting things. i will definitely be praying tonight the ball keeps rolling!

Mrs. Mike said...

Finally! Someone else has heard of the White Stones from the Milk Grotto! My husband and I were given some of these years and years ago. When we told people (even Catholics) that we were ingesting rocks for 9 days, we got the strangest looks. ;)

Such a wonderful update. Our Lady has already untied a number of knots for you as it is. I'm so hopeful for you that the blessings continue to unfold and multiply.

Simone said...

Wow what great news for you. You have worked so hard and have been waiting so long that it is nice to see some things starting to fall into place.
As for napro, that would be great to start networking the centers. When I first found out about napro I was surprised to learn that each center is on its own. Once, you get NJ all set up, tell that hospital to start one in Albany. We need some napro in upstate NY.

Nicole C said...

OOOMMMGGG!!! Praise God!!! This is such wonderful news!! Keep us posted!

Clara said...

Oh Praise God!!! That is Wonderful! Please Mary and Joseph keep the the blessings coming! I am so excited for you!

I too have been praying the Mary Undoer of Knots novena... it is so lovely! Thank you for sharing that with us all!

Oh, thank you God!!

The Skirts said...

Yaaaaaaaaay! So very happy for you!

Made For Another World said...

The grace is flowing- wonderful news!

Rebecca @ The Road Home said...

Stopping back in to let you know I'm praying extra prayers for you tonight - that you get good news for your DH tomorrow.