Monday, May 23, 2011

Update on Court Proceedings

I don't have the energy to link to previous posts, nor do I really want to dig up all of those horrible memories from last year, but many of you may remember that DH was arrested and accused of stealing money from the banquet hall of his volunteer fire company. This happened with impeccable timing, just as our adoption agency was making the final decision whether or not we could proceed with the Home Study (we had only the home visit left).

Well, DH's lawyers assured him that this case was a perfect candidate for PTI, pre-trial intervention, and we prayed like mad for that. (PTI would mean that this would be wiped off his permanent record in 2 years.) Then the fire company (under the influence of a power-hungry, angry, bloated old man P.eter Melick) wrote a letter to the prosecutor pleading with them to NOT offer PTI in this case. Even after I wrote a heartfelt letter explaining the implications of their decision, and had it read at a meeting, only 4 firemen voted in our favor.

A glimmer of hope came when DH's lawyer became the new Prosecutor for the County. Obviously, he was no longer allowed to represent DH, and it would have been a legality to continue the case in the same County, so it was moved to a different one. A County where (we thought) the miserable old hick didn't have as much clout.

Well, last week, DH was informed that he has been turned down for PTI. After the court date, he and his lawyer were given all of the supporting information, which included a letter written by P.eter Melick to the new County's Prosecutor. In the letter, he specifies that DH never even came forward to apologize (1st of all, he didn't do anything to apologize for, and 2nd of all, his lawyers have specifically directed him NOT to speak to anyone in the fire company, and THEY KNOW THIS!) - and that's not all. He urges the Prosecutor to punish DH to the full extent of the law, with JAIL TIME.

Lord, please deliver us.

We still have the opportunity to push forward with appeals and such, and DH's lawyer is thoroughly confused by how much animosity the Prosecutor seems to have for a guy he never met (DH)... it's as if he's being paid to put DH behind bars, and that has now become his top priority.

We, of course, are sickened by this, but the likelihood of DH acually going to prison is very low. I had all but given up hope on the PTI, anyway, so that is not a big surprise to me.

And the best part is that we STILL cannot begin any sort of foster program/training until this is 100% settled and decided. It has already been 1.5 years. There's no end in sight.

Lord, please deliver us.

A friend recently told me she didn't need her reproductive organs to grow her family (indicating that adoption is how she would continue to grow it). I can only say the exact opposite. I NEED my reproductive organs if I ever want to be a mother... and so far, after 5 years of the most aggressive treatments I have yet seen anyone pursue, they are still dormant.

Lord, please deliver us.

I really can't even describe how much pain this causes me. I try to push it from my mind most of the time, but of course while writing a blog post about it that's difficult to do. This is a worse pain that any pain ever brought on by infertility. When I allow myself to experience it (which isn't often), I feel like I'm going through a Passion of my own. It is excruciating.

Lord, please deliver us.

33 comments:

Sew said...

My heart breaks for you. I don't get it.

mrsblondies said...

I'm so sorry to hear that it's still such a mess. Praying for you.

JellyBelly said...

I will never understand why you and Mr TCIE to suffer so much. These horrible men are going to have their reckoning, I am sure of it.

I continue to pray for you!

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

Oh, TCIE. I'm so sorry to hear what a mess you and your dh are in. Thanks for the update as it reminds me to pray fervently that a resolution comes soon and that your reproductive organs get a moving!

Chasing said...

I don't understand why/how so much is being asked of you guys. I am so sorry. Know of continued prayers. I wish there was more I could do.

The Apostolate of Hannah's Tears said...

Dear TCIE,

I wanted to let you know that my DH and I sat in during the Mother's Blessing yesterday afternoon and you and your DH were placed on my heart. Uniting you both through the intercession of St. Gerard, prayers will be answered!

Love, Prayers & Hope,
T.

Megan said...

TCIE, my heart breaks for you. I cannot imagine the suffering. :( you are in my prayers, and I will be praying for God to work miracles!

Lisa said...

I am SO sorry that you are having to go through this. In addition to praying for you, I'm going to prayer for a conversion of heart for those who are persecuting you and your husband.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

I am sick to my stomach reading this. I am so sorry. Yes, the baby will come from your womb. The Bible has some great parables about persistence in petitioning, so we will just be persistent!

Sarah said...

Praying, praying, praying. I don't get why there are such horrid people in the world (okay, theologically, yes, but that doesn't make it feel any less baffling). I hope there's true - and swift - justice.

Faith makes things possible said...

I am so sorry!! You and your husband are in my prayers...

Cathy said...

This makes me crazy.

Praying, praying, praying.

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

Hi TCIE! my heart just breaks reading this. I will offer all my prayers in the next days for you.

I think we need to do an international novena to St Anthony! he finds ways to help always. Starting early june to end on his Feast day.

If OK with you I will do a call to action with my friends here and my blog! =)

Hebrews 11:1 said...

So sorry friend. I keep you in my daily prayers!

Little JoAnn said...

I feel so angry about these people I could explode. But, being that I work in New Jersey, I fear that I have a small window on this. Is there anyway you guys can move to PA?

Seriously, this politics in NJ kills more people...

You HAVE done the most agressive fertility treatments in this community. I just want you to know I SEE it and understand what a sacrifice you have endured.

I like what Leila says...you will have a child from your womb...

I believe it with every fiber of my being.

callmemama said...

I can't believe you're still dealing with all of this! It makes me so angry every time I think about it. Those men who can just play around with someone else's lives in that way...they are just evil. :(

the misfit said...

I can't help thinking that there must be a reason these people are behaving this way, and if they could be exposed, they might stop. But that doesn't give you back the last 1.5 years of your life. I don't understand why you have to be put through this. Praying for you.

Julie said...

I am so sorry for your cross. Praying for your miracle baby!

barbie said...

You are always in my prayers because of these heavy crosses you have to carry. I'm so sorry.

CM said...

Prayers!

Dobrovits Family said...

Sometimes I am just sick to my stomach that I am an attorney...

my brethern at the bar can indeed be bought and that is likely what happened here...

praying for you and your DH...

He is a God of Justice as well as mercy..

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I too am sorry that this is continuing to plague you and your DH. Prayers for justice, clear and rational thinking on the part of the judge that he can see through all of the junk.

Rebecca @ The Road Home said...

Praying.

LifeHopes said...

Praying.
So sorry we didn't connect tonight, will try you another night this week.

doctorgianna said...

Ugh! I only feel a small portion of your pain when I read your post, but to me it feels like an immense weight. I cannot imagine how stifled you feel. All I can say is that I do not know any saint that did not suffer. I'll be begging for St. TCIE to help pull me up out of purgatory!

Tridentine Wife said...

I did not realize the seriousness of the situation and I am sorry to hear the suffeirng you and your husband are going through.

polkadot said...

I'm so so sorry about all this. I just don't understand what would motivate people to act like this. This seems more like a plot you'd see on tv, not in real life. I am praying for you and that a greater good would come out of this great suffering. Hugs!!

andnotbysight said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It is just so wrong! I'll be praying for you.

Elisabeth said...

:-( I am so so sorry. Praying the Lord's plan (and His Love) begins to show through for you soon. I can't even imagine your pain. ((((Hugs)))))

"His Perfect Timing" said...

I am so sorry that you have this cross to bear, on top of so many you already carry. Prayers going your way ...

Dymphna said...

I've never commented on your blog before but I wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry this stuff is happening to you. I had an HSG and afterwards decided that I just couldn't take anymore. Adoption is off the table for my husband and I (I waited too late to consider it and now we both have health issues) and I really admire the way you've fought the infertility battle.

Beth said...

TCIE, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can't believe that prosecutor. He puts the D*C in RiDICulous. That's all I gotta say.

St. Rita's Roses said...

Gosh, I am so sorry!!
This is horrible- that man sounds like pure evil trying persecute your DH! sending prayers.