Monday, April 18, 2011

Pregnancy Dream and Clear Passage Therapy

I'm way too busy to write a more thoughtful post title at this point, so I'll just say it like it is :)

Last night, for the first time in the 5 years we've been trying to conceive, I had a pregnancy dream. Seriously, I have NEVER dreamed of being pregnant, having a positive test, having an ultrasound - the only dreams that involved me having a baby were of me holding a baby that was already born... in fact, it was never really clear if the baby I was holding was even mine! But last night? I. WAS. PREGNANT.

And it was real time, so I was exactly where I am now in a cycle, on CD 8. My last period was a little on the light side, and I went in for an ultrasound to see what was going on with the unusual bleeding I had been having post-Peak (P+2-4). And, because it was a dream, DH was with me (he wouldn't usually go to a regular gyn ultrasound with me). Well, there on the screen popped up an image of a baby, about 10 or 11 weeks along!!! And not only that, but there were TWO of them!! I remember the best part of the dream being that, once DH and I got over the shock that we were actually PREGNANT, I got to be the one who told him, "Um, guess what, honey... there are TWO babies in there!!" It was surreal. It was awesome.

And then I woke up.

I was telling St Rita's Roses about it today as I scanned her :) She said well, at least if you never get to have that joy in real life, you got to experience it in a dream! I said, that's right, I can live vicariously through myself :)

Sigh. I would LOVE to have twins.

Anyway.

I did schedule my Clear Passage Therapy for the week of June 13-17. I haven't bought the plane tickets yet, but I plan to fly down June 10th and then spend the weekend before treatment going to St Augustine to see the Our Lady of La Leche shrine. I have always wanted to go! Well, at least since I've known about it. We'll be staying right in Gainesville, FL, so if any of you local bloggers would like to meet up, maybe at the shrine, I would love to!! Most of the treatment week I will need to take it easy.

The treatment will be pretty intense. Basically they massage your pelvic area externally and then part of the massage is also internal. (I was telling Sew Infertile how lucky my va-jay-jay is, with all these steam baths and massages it's been getting!) After the 4 hours of treatment per day, they send you back to the hotel with instructions for what exercises to do there. I have to drink a ton of water each day, since the therapy will be releasing and freeing up toxins. I am weirdly VERY excited about this. Really. I can hardly wait.

How far is June??

Finally, I spoke to my CA NaPro Dr (the one who recommended the Clear Passage massage) and asked her about my weird post-Peak bleeding the last couple of cycles. She said this does NOT sound like a typical detox symptom of an elimination diet, and that if it persists I should do bloodwork (already did last cycle, it's not falling progesterone), have an ultrasound, and possibly a biopsy. BIOPSY???? Here I was thinking maybe it's a polyp, and maybe I should have a saline sonogram... but a BIOPSY???? Great, now TCIE is going to have endometrial cancer?? Wonderful. This is what I'll be worried about all Easter.

Speaking of Easter, Easter happens to be Day 14 of my cycle. Just sayin'.

If you have an extra prayer (I know I'm overreacting here, but it wouldn't be the first time one of the IF bloggers was diagnosed with cancer... and one of my online friends died last year on my birthday to cancer, so...) please say one in regards to this whole bleeding issue, and ask God to please not add cancer to my list of ailments. Thanks.

23 comments:

Mary said...

Praying for you!!!!!

The Skirts said...

I found your blog a couple of months ago, and have found it so helpful. Thanks! I had to comment when you mentioned Our Lady of LaLeche shrine, as I've been dying to go there myself. Anyway, a month or two ago some rock powder from the Shrine came to me (that's really the only way to put it - Our Lady definitely had a hand in it) and I have some left over to share. I bet you've probably already done that Novena, but if not just email me and I'll mail you some powder. God bless, and you're in my prayers.

Shannon said...

oh my gosh! prayers of course...
here I went bombarding you with emails about my skin and you're so busy and dealing with lots!
eeek!

sorry!

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

Prayers!

I've been to Our Lady of La Leche shrine before--it's beautiful! Small, but gorgeous :) Make sure you walk the trail following the seven sorrows of Mary. My mother's family is from St. Augustine, and my great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents are buried in the San Lorenzo cemetery off US Hwy 1.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Oh dear! Many prayers are on their way!

Gogi said...

I also had that type of bleeding. I have had the biopsy, just waiting results. I know all the possibilities can be nerve-racking, to say the least. I will pray for you. Your alternative therapy sounds fascinating. Good luck. I hope it will bear fruit.

CS said...

Wow, that's a good point - baby dreams, but no pregnancy dreams for me ... hrm. Wonder if that's a sign. GL! Ovulation on Easter is pretty cool! :)

E said...

I had a dream last night, too, but it was about my actually having a baby before I was married, it was so real. In this dream, I placed the baby for adoption. so weird. Anyway, I will be praying for you. Are you going to call Dr. S and ask about the biopsy?

St. Rita's Roses said...

Gosh, I hope I didnt sound that cruel in person...when I read what I said, I sounded like a hopeless bi**ch. Of course you will have your joy! Umm...that passage therapy sounds intense!!!
See ya tomorrow~

CM said...

I'm praying for you!

JellyBelly said...

What an AMAZING dream!!!! I had my first pg dream in EONS while in the DR, actually I had two pg dreams which blew my mind!

I continue to pray for you, my dear sweet friend!

And I promise to call the Clear Passage people soon!

Chasing said...

Will be praying for you. I've wanted to go to the Our Lady of La Leche shrine, too. Looking forward to some witty posts about your therapy trip.

More Than Anything said...

Praying for you!

I would love to get together while you're here! I'm in Jax, which is about 30 minutes north of St. Augstine and 1.5 hours from Gainesville.

I will send you an e-mail!

Megan said...

I am praying too!

the misfit said...

You continue to earn the award for most out-there treatments, I have to say. I know you work hard for these accolades, so I want you to get the proper credit.

Will pray for NO cancer diagnosis. It doesn't seem like you really need that right now :).

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

I just prayed:):) I loved your dream and I hope that for you soooo much!!!

Sew said...

Wouldn't that be just like you to one up me on my cancer diagnosis! Don't even think about it TCIE only one blogger needs cancer. :)

I like this dream...Sounds promising to me! ;)

Too bad gainesville is 12 hours from me. :( I was hoping I could sneak a ride down there.

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Thanks for the prayers, keep 'em coming please!! I made an appt with a new NaPro Dr (making #6 total of NaPro Drs who have treated me and/or looked over my history and made recommendations)... it's my new boss :) I'll meet him as a patient right after my shift at work in two weeks. I figured by that time, I will see if the post-Peak bleeding persists, and can cancel if need be.

Also, The Skirts, I would love some of the powder but cannot find your email address anywhere?? Thank you so much for the comment and the offer.

MTA, I of course will be making plans to meet up with you :) I didn't get your email yet, make sure you send it to my gmail account, I never check my yahoo one.

My Heart Exults... said...

Praying for no cancer, and more pregnancy dreams, and hopefully for one to come true soon!

polkadot said...

No!! Not a biopsy! Ugh. No fun. Haven't you been through enough procedures already? ;) If I had to do mine over again (yeah, right), I would have taken a lot of pain meds beforehand!

I am hoping and praying it's not cancer!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

polka, the worst part is I've already had an endometrial biopsy!! It was Nov '08 with Dr Toth :( Not fun!

sweet jane said...

Praying - as always - and shifting my prayers around accordingly. Wow, remember when your travels used to include dull stuff like visiting museums, trying out local cuisine, buying postcards, and making lame-o costumes for Carnevale? Now...internal massages, huh??

priest's wife said...

praying....