Friday, March 4, 2011

The Power of the Rosary

It's been over 3 weeks since I implemented my daily rosaries, and while I haven't been praying for any specific intention (I enjoy just meditating on the mysteries, which I FINALLY memorized, and reciting the prayers aloud), it is probably no coincidence that the graces have been flowing like honey in my life recently.

First, I began my new job with the new NaPro Center. There are so many wonderful developments taking place as the Center grows (exponentially and quickly!) and I am just so honored to be a part of it during this exciting time! And I also discovered that I am going to be in even more demand once the actual building is ready (we are practicing at the hospital right now, but will soon have our own, independently-owned building, hopefully by May). At that time, I will be asked to come on full-time very likely, and work in ultrasound AND as a Practitioner. My mind is spinning - - it seems like such a short time ago I was laid off from my teaching aide position, feeling so low on myself, and deciding to make NaPro my "career." It was a pipe dream, because I knew I could never actually rely upon NaPro/FertilityCare to be a full-time, family-supporting career... but now it's actually happening!!

But that's not all.

After work last night, I went to my "homebase" NaPro Center to do an ultrasound on a patient, and afterwards spoke with my NaPro Dr about these new, amazing developments with the new center. She had exciting news of her own to share with me - which I am not at liberty to speak about yet, but trust me when I say it's HUGE and fantastic, and New Jersey is going to be THE NaPro State!!! And to think, these are both happening at the same time, and I am a part of both!!

But that's not all.

You may have remembered me talking about my husband's job as Partner with his father in a General Contracting company. Well, I also bumped into my NaPro Dr's husband last night, who is also in G.C., and he asked me for my husband's contact information because he needs to build a pre-engineered metal building (DH's specialty). DH and I have been praying hard for work for him, and it has been a LOOOOONG, hard Fall and Winter with virtually no work. The fact that this is all happening now is just crazy!

Coincidence? Or is our luck beginning to change?

Next Tuesday and Wednesday I will be traveling to Washington, DC for my ultrasound school, as a representative for "Students of Academic Choice." I was asked to go (and I will be payed all travel expenses as well as lost income for two days of work) because I am one of the few recent grads from my program who has secured employment quickly. DH is coming, and we're very much looking forward to Ash Wednesday Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. I once received a beautiful Mass card from that shrine (last July, in the midst of much suffering) from an amazing blogger ;)

If anyone is in the area on Tuesday or Wednesday and wants to meet up, let me know! I cannot WAIT to meet Shannon, FINALLY!! :)

God, I am not worthy of all the gifts you've bestowed on me and my husband lately, but I am so very thankful for the break from suffering, even if only for a little while. Praise God!

21 comments:

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

The job news is just awesome!! Congrats!

matchingmoonheads said...

This is great news on the job front...and I have to say that its personally inspiring as well. I have dreams of graduating and doing something entirely different from what I've been training for but I have no idea how it will all work out. Its awesome to see someone follow their passions and interests and have it all come together. God is truly watching out for you and your husband!
And I love hearing about NaPro spreading! I heard a new center is opening up in Austin too and its SUCH good news!

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

What great news! So happy for you and all the joy in your life :) Congrats!!!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

wow! I am so very, very happy for you TCIE! Really am!

It must be so great to be part of something so wonderful as a new NaPro and FertilityCare center! I cannot even imagine how it must feel to be part of something so life affirming. I cannot wait for the day that Mexico can do the same.

I have had two great examples of Rosary warriors near me: my grandmother who literally could move mountains with her prayers and my DH, yet its something so very very difficult for me.

The only time I have been constant is when I had a CD and prayed with it in the car. I think that after this post I need to go back to it and Lent sounds like the right time. thanks for inspiring me,

Ann - Building a Nest said...

All so very exciting! Can't wait to hear more. That's going to be an awesome trip.

Simone said...

Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you. This is so wonderful. Full time work!!! That is so amazing. I will have to come down to visit in May. Keep us posted with the opening date.
Wow for NAPRO....This is great. I have been praying and trying to help spread napro. It was last year around this time, that St. Vincent's closed in NYC and I thought the Gianna Center would be lost. So it seems that NJ has saved the day. It is amazing that in a state that gives away free IVF that napro is taking off.....YEAH!!!!

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Oh, wow!! This is amazing stuff, and it sounds like you are floating on a sea of grace! I love how it's all connected to NaPro, too!

Once, years and years ago, my husband and I prayed a long, six week, total consecration to Mary. We didn't miss a day. I remember feeling like we were floating in grace, it was that palpable! I have no idea why we haven't done that again in so long! Maybe it's time! :)

the misfit said...

Um, YES, OBVIOUSLY, I will be in DC and would like to meet up. (You had to ask?) Let me know where you will be and when and I will be there.

E said...

You said it, PRAISE GOD! Well, and thanks to Mary for her intercession!

The Comeaus said...

You're going to be a NaPro practitioner??? Oh my gosh!!!!! Actually, who didn't see that coming? It only seems right that you'd be asked to put your knowledge to such good use.

Mary works SO FAST when we involve her in our lives. I could just go on and on about what graces the Rosary has brought into our lives and home, how many difficult situations have almost miraculously worked out (and quickly!), how much supernatural peace it brings to pray it even with the heaviest heart, how much closer my husband and I are because of it, how many good things happen for others because of it...it's as if she just can't wait to be asked to come on board and help us through!

But the most beautiful thing of all is that the Rosary deepens our love for Jesus and Mary, and I find that when I am faithful to the Rosary, I think about Mary in every situation and add on other devotions that I had previously never thought of, all because I'm coming to love her more.

Thank you for this BEAUTIFUL testimony you've given. You're giving credit where it is due. I am so happy that the Blessed Mother is helping you and your husband in these ways and that so many good things really are happening for you.

The Shrine is gorgeous!! Went there a few times for the March for Life.

Megan said...

You are making me feel like I need to start praying the Rosary daily! :) SO happy for you! Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us!!!!

Nicole C said...

Ok, would you be the ultrasound tech I was referred to for my follicular US series?? (I never was able to go) Is the world really that small??

I won't be in DC, but I'm on the way. Don't suppose you'd be able to stop somewhere along 95 to meet up? :)

Angela said...

Yay! What graces from your daily rosary!!! I love it! So happy for you, and your new job sounds soooooo exciting! I'm really jealous! Btw, my sister-in-law lives in parsippany, nj...next time we are up there, maybe we can meet up!

My Heart Exults... said...

It is so nice to hear about all the wonderful things that are happening to you right now. I can't help but be excited for you!

Little JoAnn said...

Openings, openings, blessings beyond belief...yes you are worthy, but you are so humble and beautiful you feel otherwise.

Oh, big things are in your future.

No. doubt. about. it.

So glad about your husband finding work.

Men need work even more than us women. So wonderful.

That house of yours is going to be paid off in no time!

Little JoAnn said...

Sea of Grace! Wow, Leila. You said it perfectly. As always.

Mary said...

WONDERFUL! Congrats! Have a great time!!! :)

JellyBelly said...

You are so deserving of these blessings!!!! God is working through you and I am certain that so much good is going to come of all of your work!!!

You are amazing TCIE!

Mrs. Mike said...

I'm not surprised in the least that you are being showered with immeasurable graces and I have no doubt it's because of the rosary. You are one of the Blessed Mother's special peeps now and she's making sure you know it. :) Congratulations on all the developments on the job front!!

Which Mass will you be going to at the Basilica on Ash Wednesday? The kids and I may be there.

barbie said...

Have you read the 15 promises of the Rosary? I have them on my Catholic blog, the rosary is amazing! So glad you are seeing the blessings!

callmemama said...

I will most likely be in/around DC Wednesday afternoon if you're available! I'd love to meet up!
Off to send you an email now :)