Thursday, January 20, 2011

Update and Thank You

Wow, has it really been 2 weeks since my last post? Where does the time go? Oh yes, it goes to making money. I keep forgetting I'm a career woman now.

First, I have to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you. On Saturday, while my parents, sister, and her boyfriend were over helping us do "stuff" around the house, I received this and I kid you not, almost fell over:




Not sure if you can read it, but that is a Visa Gift Card from my "Bloggy Sisters" in congratulations for the new house! Holy crap!! I didn't even have a baby, or do anything remotely worthy of such a tremendously generous gift! I still don't know what to say :) You guys are the best.

In fertility updates (and yes, I have some), I am on my first full cycle of the additional supplements (is that redundant?) recommended to me by the California NaPro Dr. I'm taking something called G.I. Benefits, which my husband tells me sounds like I'm getting some kind of veteran's government aid (I wish), VSL#3 the powerful probiotic, Wobenzym, and I just started Trental (used off-label for endometriosis/inflammation). I also bit the bullet and bought more of the Nordic Naturals Omega 3s. They're so darn expensive.

Taking a quick transabdominal peak at my ovaries today, I was also quite surprised to see a follicle on the right ovary. Last time righty came out of retirement, she got a little over-enthused and puffed up a big ol' simple cyst, so I'm hoping this time she can go slow and not act like a 17 year old boy on prom night.

Last cycle my period was also delayed a bit from the progesterone, but I had started the progesterone a little late and was spotting already by P+4, so I knew the cycle was a bust. Most amusing concerning the progesterone is the instructions on the label, which read: "Insert one capsule per vagina at bedtime." Ummm... just how many vaginas do they think I have?

Here's another quick funny:
I was scanning an infertile girl at the NaPro office the other day, and she had a ton of really great, well-informed questions for the Dr (who was standing over my shoulder at the time I was scanning). After asking all of her questions, she apologized for being anxious, explaining: "I've been reading a lot of NaPro blogs online..." I think I let out an involuntary "Pffffttth!!" at that.

And if you're reading this, J... Hi!

Finally, I will be starting with the new NaPro Dr, working 7-11am Mon-Friday (shoot me now, I have to wake up at 5:30??????!!!!!) in March. I fear I'll have even less time to blog, then :(

I work hard for my money. So you'd better treat me right.

27 comments:

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

It sounds like the supplements are working already. That's great. I may need to go re-visit your list and ask my NaPro dr. about some of them. I'm desperate to try anything that will work.

I love that you can give yourself ultrasounds whenever you want to check the progress of your ovaries. If only we IF girls were all able to do that!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I missed reading your posts, glad to hear you are back. I agree with Perfect Power, everytime I read about you wanding yourself (that is kind of funny to write out)...I think that is so neat. Here's to a great start to 2011 and a continued great year!

Rebecca said...

Welcome back!

Prayers that righty is working on a beautiful, ready to be fertilized egg for you!

Sunshine said...

Yeah for Righty!

Thank you for all the things I learn from you. I always have things to apply to me and to tell my IF friends. You are a treasure@

Make sure you have time for sleep with all that work!

Cathy said...

I keep forgetting!
I will email that dang activation code as soon as I get home from work tonight!
:):):)

Sissy said...

Go spend that present!

E said...

Any plans for the $$$???

You are working hard, girl! Can't wait to catch up on Saturday!??!?!

Megan said...

Yes! Do let us know if you have any big plans for your present! :) You deserve it, and we love you!

Also, you are hilarious, and I love the stories about your scanning yourself! Go righty go, and act your age! :)

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

Great things are coming your way TCIE!!! I am so happy about the gift!


On the TTC front. I am also on Wobenzyme, Optivite (you mentioned in another blog post) and Nordic Omega 3´s.

Ran.dine Lewis from the Infertilty Cu.re prescribed Wobenzyme to me. She swears that it helps tremendously with inflammation and digestion which to her are major contributors of IF.

The nordic Omega´s were prescribed by dr. H as well as Optivite-

I googled the GI thing. I first found the veterans offices! but after a few tries found the supplement. Its very, very similar to what dr. Weil prescribes in cases of acid reflux and digestive issues. Marshmellow root, licorice and splippery elm bark. My mom has GERD and this is the only thing that cured her. All of them are mentioned in his books as highly effective.

Your doctor sure sounds amazing for looking in to all these alternatives.

Looking forward to reading more about your amazing house!!

callmemama said...

I love it that the IF patient was reading blogs! Too funny if she was reading yours :).
Glad to have an update from you!

Second Chances said...

Oh my gosh, when I first read the "one capsule per vagina" directions on my progesterone, I called my BFF immediately and we laughed hysterically! I was wondering if I was supposed to have another one! Too funny. I'm hopeful for you with this new lineup of supplements! Yay!

barbie said...

Can I just say that the :

"I'm hoping this time she can go slow and not act like a 17 year old boy on prom night."

comment is HYSTERICAL! too funny!

Ann - Building a Nest said...

You deserve it! I hope you are loving your new home.

"one capsule per vagina" - LOL!

Go righty! (But don't overdo it)

the misfit said...

OK, that "per vagina" line is truly hilarious. But because I'm a little OCD I have to interject just in case you didn't know..."per" is for, through, etc. So it actually means "through the vagina" (basically), rather than "for each vagina" (which is hysterical. Some prescriptions still say "per os," I think, instead of "by mouth" - I'm not sure.

ANYWAY, I am so glad to hear from you again! I know you are a hardworking woman (and I remember your first blog posts about starting sonography school, and I am so excited to read about you now as an in-demand sonographer! I love the endings of good stories like that) but I always enjoy reading updates from you. You wouldn't mind telling us how things are going with your husband's job, would you? I'm still rooting for him to strike out on his own...

St. Rita's Roses said...

O MY GOODNESS!!! I cant believe this!!! I just figured it out! Hello Back!! (still in shock!)

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Okay, so there were about three punch lines in this post which just cracked me up!! Do you do standup on the weekends???

Go folly!!!

JellyBelly said...

Girl you crack me up!!! Maybe having only one vagina is our problem????

Can't wait to see what you spend that gift card on!!!!

Btw, I'm on so many supplements that it's hard to keep them straight!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

misfit, you dork, (and I say that lovingly of course), yes I know what "per" means :P But thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

St Rita's - I am lmbo about this... if I hadn't been so busy lately, and had actually been reading your blog more frequently, perhaps I could have introduced myself properly :)

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

YAY! SO glad you were surprised!!!! Let us know what you buy. Oh and I wake up everyday at 5. Once you get in the hand of it, you will be A ok! hUGS

St. Rita's Roses said...

Still so funny, I am the "infertile girl" in your office! Hey, I am glad I made it to your blog! I am flattered!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Everyone in that office is an infertile girl :) Including the Dr (struggled to get pg with her 1st) and M. the secretary! (Your little tidbit for the day, haha!)

St. Rita's Roses said...

Dr. told me..didnt know about M.-wow.
sidebar- Did you hear W. greet us and say, "Hello to the Pregnant Couple"....she confused us with someone else...she felt horrible. I wasnt upset..I felt more bad for her. kinda funny too :)

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

W. is extremely friendly... and I'll stop there ;)

Tridentine Wife said...

Good to hear from you and I can't wait to see what you're gonna buy with all that loot :)

simone said...

Wow sounds like things are moving in the right direction. I am curious about your new job. Is this with Dr. KB in NJ. You mentioned napro Dr and I was not sure if it was him or another dr. Good luck with your new job.

simone said...

sorry to post twice in a row, but last night I got a refill of prometrium. I have the same directions as you, so I read them aloud to see what my DH would say. So I read. take 2 per vagina and he immediately starts laughing and I said what's so funny. He said exactly what you said, well how many vaginas do you have? He was an English major in college he said per can mean through, each, or according to. This must be a mapro thing bc when I was with the RE he would just write take as directed. THen when I switched to napro and he wrote vagina on it and it caused quite the drama at the pharmacy. THe first time I filled it the pharmacist tried to convince me that I had to take it orally and that it did not go down there....He was so loud and everyone in the waiting area heard him. Then he called someone to double check and he kept saying that word over and over. I guess the official approved method is oral and not the other way....I must have been so red.

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Simone, I remember you telling that story on the y.ahoo group!! SO FUNNY!!!

And yes, it is that Dr. I emailed him on a whim after your forwarded me the info about him looking for a nurse... I wasn't even LOOKING for a job at the time, just figured I'd let him know I existed :)