Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The House

I've been getting quite a few comments, emails, and texts inquiring about the house, and how things are progressing. You may have noticed (and been cursing me, silently to yourselves) that I have promptly ignored all of these inquiries.

Our closing is set for November 22nd. After several headaches with the mortgage committment, we do have one, and it was contingent on 19 things being completed. Yes, 19. We are down to 3. So things are looking good!

The reason I have not spoken about the house is because I don't want to assume everything is going to go over without a hitch. Don't get me wrong. I am NOT expecting something bad to happen. But I'm just being cautious. If it doesn't go through, I will be ok, but only because I have been guarding myself by not getting overly excited before it's officially ours.

(Please know that your inquiries always made me smile - to know that you all are rooting for this to go through, praying for it, even, is a great consolation to me! I cannot WAIT to celebrate with you all and share lots of pictures.)

We have radon in the basement, which we will be paying to filter. At first we asked the sellers to cover this expense, but then found out AFTER that our FHA loan required a few repairs. The sellers are going to take care of those repairs, so we felt it fair to pay for the radon system. I am trying to have the installation done on the Monday of closing, so that we don't have to spend even one night in the house with radon above the appropriate level. I know many may say it's not a huge deal, especially since it's in the basement only, but with my DH being a former smoker, I just feel better knowing NO lung cancer-causing agents are present in our home. Period.

The FHA repairs are an upgrade of the electrical system (from 110 to 220 amps) and a replacement of a handrail on the front porch.

I am getting very antsy. Haven't even started packing yet!! But now that it's 1.5 weeks away, I think this may actually happen for us :)

So that's the news on the house.

16 comments:

Ann - Building a Nest said...

Yea! I'm so happy to read things are moving forward!

the misfit said...

Blogger ate my comment. I said, approximately...I had been wondering. But not cursing you silently in my head; I would be more likely to curse you aloud, possibly in the public domain.

Anyway, my unsolicited opinion, for what it's worth, is that YOU NEED TO START PACKING. SEVERAL WEEKS AGO.

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

YES! Such a good feeling I bet!!!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Oh and I just was able to print out the treatment blog for future reference. Thanks again...have I mentioned lately that you are awesome and I'm glad your in my blogging life!!

Megan said...

YAY! Thanks for the update! So excited for you and praying that things continue to go smoothly!!

Chasing said...

:-)

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Exciting! Thanks for the update, I was getting curious. I can't wait to see the pictures when it is all TCIE-ified.

mrsblondies said...

So glad to hear that things are moving forward and you should be a homeowner soon!

callmemama said...

Good Lord woman, start packing!!! Are you nuts? Haha, sorry, I couldn't help it, that's the first thing I thought!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the update. Prayers that all goes smoothly and you are surrounded by boxes very soon.

LifeHopes said...

I have been wondering and praying about this, so thanks for the awesome update!!I simply CANNOT wait for that post with new house pictures!!!! Its going to be so awesome.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

I am so stinking excited!!!! Ahhhh!

Xan said...

Hi Babe! I haven't been around these parts in a while...so glad to see things are moving along with the house! Get some boxes and start getting ready!

I've moved 5 times in the last three years and only when we moved into our house did I actually have things boxed and labeled. It's amazing what a difference it made!

JellyBelly said...

Wonderful news!!!!

Tridentine Wife said...

Good news. I am so jealous you're moving into an awesome victorian style home with lots of charm (wow I sound like a realtor).

dawn827 said...

Yay Can't wait to see pics. You better start packing missy!!!