Sunday, October 24, 2010

Not Much

I realize it's been an unusually long blog absence for me, and I'm sorry if I had some of you worried. Just around the time my period finally arrived (which is weird since I had that cyst, but I guess my body must have done something resembling ovulation if I got a period), I also came down with a nasty case of laryngitis. Or, it would seem. All I know is after my 6th follow-up appointment on Tuesday evening, I was losing my voice, feeling very tired and achy, and had a sore throat. The next day, voice was on its way out, and Friday it was gone all day. I continued to work through my normal work schedule (Wed-Fri at the imaging center, plus I had follow-ups, Intros, and ultrasounds to do at the NaPro office after work hours), and by Saturday I was DONE. I had one follow-up scheduled for Saturday afternoon that I had to re-schedule. And, I was supposed to go get my fasting blood glucose and insulin levels Saturday morning, but could not get out of bed.

It's a good thing I rested yesterday, because today I'm finally starting to feel better. Feeling sick always kinda sucks, but at least when you're sick and pregnant, you're, well, sick and PREGNANT. I'm just sick and barren. Furthermore, sick and heavily bleeding. (I'd rather be sick at any. other. time. of the month than during my period. Who's with me?)

Aside from the illness, I have not had a lot of time to blog lately. I'm getting into the flow of things at my imaging center job, and getting more comfortable with it, as well as getting TONS of new clients for Creighton Model. An ad ran in our county paper about my NaPro Dr's office, and around the same time, a radio announcement advertised the NYC NaPro Center, which was heard by people in NJ, who then discovered there was a closer NaPro Center than Manhattan. We are getting swamped with new clients, which is great, but I have literally no time left! I miss my blog!!

Finally, the third reason for my absence has been that despite being busy, there isn't much that is very exciting going on at the moment. The house is sorta in limbo, we're negotiating certain inspection items, and not sure if we're closing Oct 31st (highly unlikely) or the original close date of Nov 22nd (more likely, but still a chance it may not happen). I'm trying not to sound pessimistic, here, but the closer we get to actually moving out, the more freaked I'm getting that SOMETHING horrible is going to happen to prevent it. I guess I am having a hard time believing that after the year (year and a half) we've had, that something could actually go in our favor.

On that note, last week's and this week's gospels could not have come at a better time. My prayer life has been, well, let's just say challenged. There have been weeks, seriously, WEEKS that have gone by during which the only prayer coming from my lips or my head was grace before dinner. How sad is that? But I got a wake up call from the homilies at Mass, which talked about prayer two weeks in a row. First: perseverance in prayer. I guess I felt like God has already heard my prayers, and He's working on it, so why keep bothering Him? Plus, I'm sure there was a bit of resentment working its way in there, keeping me from praying prayers of gratitude for what I do have. Additionally, I feel like right now, I'm doing ok, so prayers aren't a dire necessity at the moment.

As if by Divine Intervention, yesterday in the mail I received a book from the Baby Mama of my tiny unborn goddaughter. It is called: "The Power of a Praying Wife." It suddenly dawned on me just how selfish I have been in regards to how I was viewing my prayer life. If I can't muster up a few prayers for myself, I have a DUTY to at least be praying for my husband! He truly is suffering right now, with work and financial stress being at its peak, and the other issues which are keeping us from adoption/foster care. How could I not have been praying for him daily??

Thank you, Sew, for that much-needed slap in the face.

Tomorrow I'll be getting my fasting bloodwork done. I've been off Metformin for about a month now, and it will be very interesting to see what my levels are. Dr D in California thinks I need to eliminate sugar. I may just have to lay over and die right now if that's the case. I am excited about Tuesday's appointment with my NaPro Dr, when we will be figuring out how to implement all of the suggestions and tests Dr D in CA has suggested after our 2 hour phone consult. There is a LOT of stuff she wants to do to improve my health.

I'll keep you posted.

14 comments:

JellyBelly said...

I had my fasting bloodwork done at peak +7. I hope that it sheds some light on something! Why did you get yours checked?

I totally get what you mean about not having a lot to blog about. I've had posts floating around in my head but nothing comes of it. I'm kinda glad that we're going through this phase together. :)

Btw, are you recovered from the Yankee elimination? It was a sad couple of days around here!

Julie said...

I love that book "Power of a Praying Wife". I few years ago, I gave the book to all the ladies in my book club. It is amazing and so helpful in learning how to pray for your husband!!

Vent-ilation said...

I'm going to check that book out! Prayer is one area I'm not great with, and anything to perk up my prayer life is worth looking into.

JB -- I didn't know you were a Yankees fan, too! Nothing will top the feeling of the losses to the Sox after NY had been up 3 games to none, but we were still bummed to see them eliminated this year.

Megan said...

Praying for you about the house! I hope the blood work comes back with positive news, and I too love the Power of a Praying Wife! I am in the book club with Julie, and ever since she gave me the book I have loved it! I actually have been posting a prayer from the book every Monday on my blog. :)
Glad things are going well on the work/Creighton front!

barbie said...

I also hate being sick during my period, ugh! It's just the worst! I hope you feel better soon! The book sounds great, prayer for our spouses is so important! The purpose of a sacramental marriage is to get one another to heaven!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Sorry to hear about you being so sick-ugh! But excited to hear what is in store for Tues. And-I just bought the same book for myself, very excited!

Ann - Building a Nest said...

I'm so glad to hear the house buying is still in the works! We've been praying for you on that front and I was worried at not hearing anything.

I know the feeling. I've had nothing to blog about either. I should've known I needed an interesting life before I started a blog ;)

Good to hear from you.

Sew said...

I love how I have the power to slap you in the face from afar! Ahh I love it1

You can thank Megan for that book...She got me started on it! ;)

Sorry you are having such a busy week...Sounds like you could benefit from stress dosing.. ;)

LifeHopes said...

Can I tell you how excited I am about your house purchase??? I simply cannot WAIT to see pics of "before" and "after" and all that good stuff of you moving in. It WILL happen! (but I will keep the whole thing in my prayers).

I am so sorry you are feeling sick. I hope you start to feel better very, very soon.

And I'm with you. As my last post reveals, I really need to be praying more. It makes a world of difference on our perspective in life.

the misfit said...

"I guess I felt like God has already heard my prayers, and He's working on it, so why keep bothering Him?"

I love this. I have no idea whether it's true, but it could be true.

Thankful said...

I have the book and have definitely felt closer to Snicks after praying more specifically for him. I actually just gave him the husband version- I am not shy about needing his prayers.

Oh, and as a Twins fan, apparently my Yankee fan radar is not working as well as it used to. I almost can't believe I sat through dinner with a Yankees fan. :)

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Yep, I thought of you at mass when the gospel was read about the woman and the unjust judge. Keep pestering God, because He is the JUST judge! :)

callmemama said...

I'm almost the opposite in that I prefer all the sickness/AF/crapfest stuff to happen all at once so it doesn't ruin the rest of my month. Especially since for a while last fall, when it seemed like I got sick right at my fertile window. Total bummer, there! But yeah, AF sucks, sickness sucks, and it just feels like someone is kicking you when you're already down :(.
I hope things speed up with the house closing and everything goes smoothly! Just think, you could be in your new, awesome house for Thanksgiving!

Erin said...

I can relate to so much TCIE, but one thing that DH and I have said that if it's hard to do, then it is worth doing and the evil one certainly doesn't want us doing it if he is intervening! HA!

I really hope the house goes through for you, it will be just so good for you.