Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Picture of My New Baby

I've been sick with a cold since Sunday.

I never get sick, so when I do, I'm a real baby about it. I don't understand why I'm not able to fight it off! I'm popping Vitamin C packets like there's no tomorrow. At least the sore throat is gone, but I'm still all stuffed up and sneezy. And exhausted.

In other news, we picked up our new lease Subaru yesterday. It was a little bittersweet turning in our 3-Year Subaru Tribeca lease (Subaru's largest SUV); when we made that deal, we were CERTAIN we'd have a carseat in it before we'd have to return it. Not only no carseat, but no pregnancy. This time we got one of the new Foresters - it's sage green and GORGEOUS!! We got the premium package with heated mirrors (SUCH a perk in the winter!), a moonroof, heated seats, power seats, etc. But really I'm mostly excited about the color :) I'm such a girl!

Check out this beauty:



I just LOVE the color!! Our Tribeca was newport blue, and I loved that, too, but what I had really wanted was the sea green that was only made in 2006 (or something like that). Well, they just started making the Foresters in sage green this year- and I have not seen this color out on the roads very often. I like standing out from the crowd :)

My first car out of college was a black Subaru Forester, and she is still running smoothly with over 200,000 miles. She's in the driveway now, next to the new one. I hope she doesn't feel too bad.

You know there's not much going on in my life (or in my cycle) when I have to resort to writing about cars on my blog.

19 comments:

Megan said...

Love it! :)

Joy said...

Congrats! We have a 2001 Forester and love it but are starting to prepare for the day when it is time to move forward.

Angela said...

Pretty! :)

some how, some way, some day said...

I love it! I've wanted a Subaru forever but we are hours away from a Subaru dealer.

callmemama said...

Pretty! Love the new ride :).

the misfit said...

I always write about new things (I think I even wrote about finding Ann Taylor boots at a thrift store for $26). I'm like a crow - entranced by shiny things. And this is shiny. And PRETTY. Go you guys. Enjoy the little things that make your step lighter while you battle the things that tire you out, I say. Material blessings have to have real value, and lightening your spirits sounds like a good purpose to me.

barbie said...

Very nice! LOVE the color!

JellyBelly said...

I love it!!!

Don't worry, I've been admiring the new C.oach wallet that I got in PA. Us infertile girls have to have some sort of distraction, right???

Amazing Life said...

What a nice ride! I would love having heated mirrors!! Beautiful color ;)

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Sage green, ahhhh! So beautiful!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Yay! Nice:) We had to get a new car back in Sept b.c my car finally died after many years. We got a suv (huge one!) b.c we planned on popping kids out left and right. This way we wouldn't have to get a new car a few years down the road. Well, I've been driving this "bus" for about a year now and the back has been empty! I'm with you on this....I'm read to fill mine too!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Nice!!! Love the color!

Erin said...

Awesome!! Nothing like new wheels...

Tridentine Wife said...

I'm so jealous, I am dying for a bigger car and a subaru no less!

Little JoAnn said...

I am a big car head myself and I love loving cars. Cars equal freedom and fun! And, this one looks fun and family friendly. Such a cool choice all around.

It's interesting what you say about measuring life along with the timing of your lease terms. We did this too. Though we are buyers of cars, rather than leasees, in our 10 years we did manage to acquire 2 cars while no children.

Now, we could NEVER afford to buy another car. Our second one will be paid off in 6 months, when Baby Sweetness was to arrive. I also keep track of time by the cars in my life.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. So glad you sprung for the extras.

You deserve it!!!!

Zooommmmm, Zoooommm (I know that's Mazda instead of Subaru) but, it works.

mrsblondies said...

I love the new car! I really want a new car soon but D wants to still hold off a couple more years (despite the fact my car and his truck are both 9+ years old and have over 100,000 miles on them).

Ann - Building a Nest said...

Oh she's a looker.

I'm in a rental car now while my old one is being fixed (I was hit a couple of days before Sew & Jenny came). Now I'm dreading getting my old (but paid for) one back. I've so got new car envy now.

Jess said...

Congrats! I love love love driving a new vehicle. The smell, the new excitement...lasts a long time.

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

nice ride! :)