Friday, August 13, 2010

Got the Job... and the Priest

Well, today while I was at the imaging center, my Supervisor pulled me aside and told me to follow him down the hall to the owner's office. Right then in there, in my wrinkled scrubs and all! But the meeting couldn't have gone any better. Basically, I've been told that I have a position there :) It will be about 3-4 days a week, and it will be solidified after the owner talks to my NaPro Dr (who will also be using me for early pregnancy scans, but only about once a week). He wants to discuss with her the possibilities of working "in collaboration," but I already know that's not going to work. He's not really getting what NaPro is.

But, that was a pretty good morning :)

It started out good, actually. I woke up and checked my email, and a priest that I have been trying to contact for the past 2 weeks finally got back to me! This priest prayed over All You Who Hope and her husband a couple years ago, and he apparently has a gift of prayer specifically for infertile couples. Just what I need, divine intervention when it comes to my infertility!! And it just so happens, this priest is in Pennsylvania, where JellyBelly and her DH are right now for vacation! The four of us will be traveling to St Gianna's shrine tomorrow evening, and then to Father M's church/rectory Sunday afternoon!

It will be a blessed barren weekend, indeed.

And after all that blessing is over, I will be due to ovulate.

I see changes happening in my life right before my eyes, and yet I'm still so afraid to believe that anything will come to fruition. I need to practice my FAITH in that. The house, inveribly, will take some time - and that's IF we are to get it. And a pregnancy? Soooooooo hard for me to imagine happening after all these years and all these diagnoses. But in God, all things are possible, are they not?

Looks like DH and I will be renewing our Consecration to Mary (Assumption) at St Gianna's shrine tomorrow :) I will remember to truly hand this all over to her. It is no longer in my control.

23 comments:

Xan said...

:-) Glad to hear about the job, sweets, and it sounds like you've got a great weekend coming up! I'll be thinking of you, as always. I am sure that your visit with your friends and with the priest will give you another boost. I saw Jesus Christ Superstar last night; my high school did an alumni production of it. Now I am inspired to read all four gospels. Are you proud? I've just gotta get my hands on a Bible, first! Love to you and the hubby.

mrsblondies said...

So wonderful that you got the job! It sounds like you have a great weekend coming up, and how exciting that you get to meet with the priest and spend time with JB. You're in my prayers.

Chasing said...

Congrats!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Xan, I will SEND you a Bible!!!

JellyBelly said...

I'm so glad that you made our meeting with Fr Mike possible!!!! You are the woman!!

Congrats on the job girlfriend!!!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow and Sunday!! Woohoo!!!

The Comeaus said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. St. Gianna and the Blessed Mother...that's quite a combination. :)

Good things always seem to happen on August 15. I know the Blessed Mother is very close to women who cherish and desire the gift of life but have had to wait for it. I had an experience of her love today, in fact, and I will remember you in prayer on Sunday. It's very special that you are able to meet with such a priest...

The Comeaus said...

Sorry, I always forget to post my name at the end.

Elizabeth :)

barbie said...

I'm liking the tone of your posts, I always love hearing hope, even tentative hope in your words. Praying, as always for you.

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Congratulations on the job!! And how exciting about the priest, the trip to the shrine, and time with JELLYBELLY!!

Good things are ahead. I cannot wait.

Amazing Life said...

I am so glad to hear of this great news about your job!! I am praying that this is only the BEGINNING of FANTASTIC things coming you and your DH's way :)

Sending prayers and hugs your way!!!

More Than Anything said...

Things are turning around!!! Congrats on the job! I pray the wait on the house doesn't take too long.

Have fun with JB!!

polkadot said...

This is great news! Congrats on the new job! Your weekend sounds wonderful...so glad to hear things are looking up. :)

Second Chances said...

Thank God for prayers answered! And more to come, I just know it :)

My Heart Exults... said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your visit with the priest! Happy Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary!

allyouwhohope said...

Oh I cannot wait to hear how it goes with Father M!! I prayed it would work out and I am so glad it did!! In light of you going to see him, I might need to post about our visit with him, or dig an old post about it out of my archives :)

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Yes, please do, AYWH!! I want to prepare, lol!

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! I'd say that this priest has some clout judging from AYWH! :) Praying for you!

WheelbarrowRider said...

I love hearing this good news from you-getting to meet a blogger, renewing your consecration, getting a blessing, got a job...Nice! I asked a priest to pray for us when we were ttc Charlie. He has a gift, and an in with St. Rita! He spent that weekend on retreat in prayer and said he focused on us. That was the cycle we conceived our Charlie. I agree with Barbie, it is wonderful to hear even tentative hope :)

Xan said...

Ha! You are too funny. If you want to send me one, of course I will accept it, but I was just planning on heading out and buying one.

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Yay for good news! I wonder if that priest is traveling to Alabama anytime soon! ha

Tridentine Wife said...

That's awesome news! I hope you all have a good time, praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!! I'm proud of you! Seems like just yesterday you announced your plan to learn this whole new field. Good plan!
Praying today went well w/ Fr. PA too!
-big sis

Peggy said...

Great news!! I was searching for Catholic blogs and came across yours. Have fun with your friends and hoping for the blessings from the Priest. ~ Peggy