Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow...

Has anyone else besides me and Sew noticed that whenever something really huge happens for one of us, something huge happens for the other?? I think we are long-lost sisters.

Anyway, tomorrow is a big day for me. In the evening, we are meeting with the woman who owns the property we are trying to purchase. On the property is an unfinished structure- a potentially BEAUTIFUL house- that my in-laws' were working on with said woman years ago. Then, she ran out of money, refused to sell it to my in-laws so they could finish it, and it has been sitting there rotting for years.

BUT, as my in-laws have so much $$ in the building, AND the economy is the way it is, AND she is now desperate to sell... the ducks are all in a row for us to be able to actually afford buying it (with a loan, of course).

The only problem is, this woman is known for being self-defeatist AND stubborn. So, she will not like our offer because we are going to offer her ONLY HER SHARE, and then explain that this way, SHE doesn't have to pay my in-laws back, rather, WE will.

But, it is the first step of the process. We are almost there, I can feel it!

Once it is an actual deal (I've had way too many bad things happen to me when I'm expecting good lately, so I haven't wanted to even talk or post about this) I will post pics of the structure and the property.

Second:

Since we are going to be making an offer on a new home tomorrow, I really need to KNOW if I will have a definite job or not. My supervisor really wants me to stay on- but he's not the problem. The problem is the owner. They fired an ultrasonographer back in March, and have been 1 short since then. BUT, the owner has seen that hey, we're doing the same work and I'm paying one less salary. Not so good for me. I plan to speak with my supervisor tomorrow and explain that in order to get the loan for the house, I will need to have an income, so I need to know one way or another.

Like I said, big day.

Your prayers are appreciated.

And just so that this post isn't a total loss (this is an infertility blog after all, so who really cares about my living arrangements and career??):

I am on CD 7 today and Halle-frickin'-llujia, I've had NO BROWN BLEEDING!! Period lasted 6 days. I am taking Biaxin this cycle for the first time (but trust me, I am NO NEWBIE to antibiotics, I've taken them every which way a person can possibly take antibiotics... except rectally... but my husband did!) I'm also taking Hydrocort again. The first time on Hydrocort I did not see any reprieve of the TEBB (tail-end brown bleeding), so who knows if it is the Biaxin alone doing the trick or the combination of Biaxin and Hydrocort. Only time will tell. I'm not getting my hopes up too high since in the past when I've had no TEBB for a random cycle, it has always come back.

I also have heard back from both Dr B (NaPro Ireland) and Dr D (NaPro California), and they are both interested in helping me out. Dr B has again suggested the DNA fragmentation study on DH, and ironically enough, we have had an appt set up with Dr Paduch at Cornell-Weill for a couple months now, and FJIEJ told me that he runs this very test! Sweet! That appt is on 8/26.

(I am still seeing Dr Check, too, but he has let me fall by the wayside, so to speak. Told me to take progesterone, which I had already from another Dr, and hasn't said boo to me since the appt. I am highly dissappointed, I feel like he spends so much time going over everyone else's case with a fine-tooth comb, but with me he throws some progesterone at me and calls it a day?? Really? Someone who has NEVER ONCE CONCEIVED in 4 years of TTC?? Whatever, that's exactly why I have 12 Drs and counting ;) )

30 comments:

Complicated Life said...

I wish I had your fight. You're an inspiration.

Good luck with the house! Buying her out seems perfectly reasonable, but people aren't known to be reasonable when it comes to real estate! I will definitely hope for the best! :)

mrsblondies said...

Good luck on the house. I hope you can find out about the job stuff so you'll know whether or not buying the house will work out.

I'm glad you didn't have TEBB and only a 6 day period (I know that's weird to say, but you've seen my charts).

I'm glad things are moving forward with various doctors and I hope you can find the right combination soon.

allyouwhohope said...

Good luck tomorrow!

It's funny.. what you said about Dr. Check is how I felt about Dr. Hilgers! He did SO much for everyone else but I totally fell through the cracks. Oh well.. closed doors are just God's way of navigating us onto the right path!

Megan said...

Well, I for one am very interested in hearing about your housing etc. Despite the original purpose for the blog, your faithful readers care about the other parts of your life too! :)
I am praying and crossing my fingers that things work out with the house. You deserve some good news these days!
Also praying that this cycle is the one! Come on Biaxin! :)

Second Chances said...

Wow, 12 doctors! That's amazing! I learn more and more about you as time goes on :)

How exciting about the house possibility...praying that "miss crabby" has an open mind tomorrow!

Keep us posted!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I want to know about your career and housing situation!!! Thanks for filling us in and good luck!

AYWH-that's a beautiful way of looking at it!

Chasing said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow. So happy that TEBB is gone!

JellyBelly said...

Will my prayers be more effective now that I'm geographically closer to you??

I'm praying for you buddy. It's about time some goodness comes your way!!!

Trustful Surrender said...

I'll be praying that you'll get the house without drama.

Hang in there with the doctors. :)

Amazing Life said...

Wow - I will be praying for you and all your special intentions!!! You deserve great results tomorrow :)

prayerfuljourney said...

You GO Girl!!! Good luck with the house and job situation!!!!! Praying!

Leila @ Little Catholic Bubble said...

Wow, you aren't kidding about it being a big day!! I will pray for wonderful outcomes all the way around. And, praying for a fruitful cycle! Let's keep up the blog miracles, okay God??

Ann - Building a Nest said...

I'm always interested to know what is going on with you. Said a prayer at dinner for your intentions last night. I hope both the job talk and the house situation go well.

Praying for Hope said...

Knocking on wood for the house, the job, and the TEBB.

inallthingsgood said...

I am so impressed with how you navigate the crazy-frustrating medical system and continue to research and fight! You're great! Praying for you today ... Dear Lord, I hope it is good work and house news.

Erin said...

Sorry I didn't call you back with Dr. P's number! Don't know where the days goes...

I really hope the house works out!!

Sissy said...

I hope you get everything you're praying for and more!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Go secretly bury a statute of St. Joseph in the yard next to the house....supposedly this helps when selling houses! Old Catholic tradition. We actually buried one in our front yard and when we went to take our house off the market, I went to go get statue and I couldn't remember where I buried it! hahha. Typical me.

Brown bleeding....ME TOO! Glad that anti is helping you out. I'm anxious to hear what Dr. H is going to do about this for me.

Sunshine said...

Good luck with the house! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both!

the misfit said...

I am so excited for your house. THAT WOMAN BETTER TAKE YOUR OFFER. I will be praying to St. Joseph - this is an intention I can get behind (um, not that I'm opposed to other blogger intentions or anything). Not only because I'm obsessed with real estate, BTW, but because it seems to me that not getting to have your own home and living arrangements has put such a burden on your marriage as you've dealt with all these other crosses. Having your own place sounds like it would be a huge blessing.

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

misfit, as always you're spot on :)

Thanks so much everyone for the prayers! Meeting about house was postponed 'til tomorrow- BUT- it will be at the lawyer's office (the mutual friend of both parties who will have a drafted letter specifying my FIL wants all his $$ back no matter who she sells to). This is an even better circumstance for meeting!
And the job looks promising- my supervisor was going to speak to the owner today while golfing (perfect)!

doctorgianna said...

I hope the home offer works out! What type of doctor is Dr. P?

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say that. Dr Paduch is a Urologist at Cornell-Weill.

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

Good luck with the house!
It sounds like your moving in the right direction with those docs!
Good luck! :)

barbie said...

Good luck with the house and keep turning over those IF stones lady! You'll get there, I know it!

inallthingsgood said...

glad to see the good developments from yesterday and I pray things are going well today!
Also, I feel like a second grader, but it is making me giggle that "Dr. P" is a urologist.

andnotbysight said...

Hope all is going well with the house! I'm about to start hydrocort, too--we'll see if it makes a difference!

Angela said...

Bless your heart! I had no idea you have 12 doctors!! Yay for no brown bleeding! That is great news! And will definitely pray for the house and job situation!! :)

the misfit said...

HEY. It's THURSDAY. You are holding out on us, and I take it PERSONALLY!

WheelbarrowRider said...

I am excited for you about the property and really excited about the no TEBB. I never thought I would do pharmaceutical sells, but I should be getting a profit how much I love that stuff. LOL (I promise I know it isn't everyone answer, but one can dream...) It is so awesome you have Dr. B in your court now and that the test was already set up. So many things on the horizon. I know I am getting in on this one late and you have the next post up already so heading there next...I miss having your on my blog role where I don't forget. Since I doubt Dr. H is stalking my blog, might I add you back?