Thursday, June 24, 2010

Care Package from a dear friend

I just had to find time to come back and write about this...

yesterday, at the Resort where I'm staying, I received a package sent from Mexico City to Cancun, from a dear dear friend whom I've never had the pleasure of meeting. I spoke once before about Eloisa (and in the interest of time I cannot link to that post right now, but it is from early May I believe), because Eloisa is a faithful Catholic infertile woman who has a very special devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe- just as most Mexicans, especially those from Mexico City, do. In May she informed me via email (she doesn't have a blog) that her prayer group had "adopted" me and would be praying fervently for my intentions and offering Mass for me at the Basilica during Mary's month. Eloisa is also becoming a FertilityCare Practitioner and will be Mexico's VERY FIRST!

Eloisa knew from my blog that I would be in her country right after surgery. And she sent me the following:

2 posters/replications of the miraculous image of Our Lady as it appears on the famous tilma.

2 booklets on the Apparitions at Tepeyak Hill.

2 prayer cards, blessed by the current priest at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe (a friend of Eloisa's) whose name happens to be Father Juan Diego, after the Saint to whom Our Lady appeared.

A lovely book by an author I cannot remember now, called Spiritual Living in a Secular World (or something to that nature)- I really look forward to reading it!

Another book, in English, all about the Wonder of the Miracle of Guadalupe... I've already read more than half and LOVE it!

2 boxes of ORGANIC MEXICAN CHOCOLATE!!!! OMGOSH, Eloisa, I have never EVER tasted chocolate THIS GOOD in my life!! This is the way chocolate is meant to be!

And finally, a beautiful, heartfelt handwritten letter, in which Eloisa specifies that she aimed to send a care package which would care for my spirit, my heart (chocolate!), and my mind.

My MIL was just so impressed that I have met someone on the computer who is so extremely thoughtful and generous. I told her all of my blogging/online friends are like that :)

I have more to tell you on the surgery front, in particular about what Dr S thought about my ovaries when he first got "in." I will wait until I get home to post that. I'll devote the entire post to my ovaries, I promise.

Speaking of my ovaries, maybe it's a good thing my DH isn't here because I'm ovulating right now. I am not so sure I'd be able to refrain from "trying" even though my post-op notes say NO sexual relations for 3 weeks... maybe God had to divinely intervene to make sure I ABSOLUTELY heal this time ;) But I tell ya, it was odd the past few days with such AWESOME EWCM to not be on a constant quest for sperm... hehehe...

15 comments:

Leila said...

Eloisa sounds like she is heaven-sent! And, did someone say chocolate??

You have no idea how thrilled your mucus makes me! That didn't sound right.... But you get the point!

JellyBelly said...

What a blessing to have found such an amazing friend!!!

And congrats on the awesome CM!!!!! Love ya!!!

Ann - Building a Nest said...

What a sweet friend Eloisa is. Amazing! But I'm not surprised at all that someone in a different country would want to adopt you and your intentions.

I'm so hopeful for you after this surgery.

barbie said...

How wonderful~ I've "met" Eloisa through email and can tell she's a kindred spirit. I'm so glad you are already seeing such great signs and I don't doubt God had a hand in keeping you "honest" during your medically imposed 3 weeks of No-no! :)

as we all know, telling a IF to NOT just makes us want to all the more! haha

Trustful Surrender said...

How sweet and thoughtful!

Praying AND hopeful for you!

LifeHopes said...

ha ha "quest for sperm" is something only we IF-ers can understand!!!

I had tears in my eyes reading about this angel that God has sent your way.

I can't even hear anything about Our Lady of Guadalupe without tearing up, either, because she played a special role in our journey, also.

I know I keep saying this, and I know it must be annoying the heck out of you ... but I just know things are different for you now. I just KNOW it!

I am so excited for next month's fertile window!!!! I recommend ya'll go on a hot date first and say some prayers to our Lady and then well ... you know!

Sissy said...

You are so funny, you ovulating girl you!

barbie said...

I second LH's recommendations and add the nugget of wisdom friends keep telling us to try...tequila and lots of it. Two so far are swearing by this. :)

More Than Anything said...

That was so sweet of her. You're quest for sperm cracked me up!

Megan said...

TCIE, I have just now found your blog, and I have been reading back through some of your posts. Your journey has brought me to tears, and I am in awe of your incredible faith. You are an inspiration to me, and I truly feel that God has chosen you for a very special purpose, and I am blown away by your true, real life understanding of redemptive suffering. It is so beautiful! You are in my prayers, and I hope that this surgery is successful!

mrsblondies said...

How sweet of Eloisa! I love the "quest for sperm" comment! I hope you heal well and next month you can go on your quest.

WheelbarrowRider said...

She always seems so thoughtful on the discussion groups. It is wonderful she did that for you! We are all thinking of you and praying for a fast recovery. Enjoy Mexico, recover FULLY (lol), and I can't wait to hear the details!

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

I love E!! What a dear sweet lady.

Second Chances said...

That is AWESOME! And now I must go find some chocolate...

the misfit said...

WOW. Prayers and chocolate - that's the very best kind of friend.