Thursday, April 8, 2010

St. Therese's flower, progesterone, benadryl, and a big SURPRISE!

Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, I am used to receiving signs from heaven - little reminders that the angels and Saints are looking out for me :) I have not prayed a Novena to St Therese in a while, but the last time I did, I did not receive my signature "flower" sign right away. I had a feeling that when my prayer was going to be answered, she would let me know right beforehand with that sign.

Yesterday at work, a colleague told me, "Oh, you should go to the florist down the road after work, they are giving away a free rose to anyone whose name is '{my name}!" With a big surprise (to be revealed at the end of this post) coming later that evening, I didn't really have leisure time to go swing by the florist... but I made a point to because I KNEW this was St. Therese telling me she's got my back :)

I got a beautiful pink/orange rose!

In other news, my P+7 results came back from yesterday, and my estradiol was 500-something and my progesterone was 66. I am very happy with these. Last time my progesterone was in the 50s and I had taken prometrium the night before AND endometrin that morning. This time I skipped the endometrin in the morning. Also, my estradiol last time was 3,258- INSANE!! This is much better (still high, but it's been higher on Femara). I am very happy with how this cycle is panning out.

I decided to also take Benadryl around the time of implantation, at the request of a good friend from the C.atholic y.ahoo group. Apparently it works by blocking the histone receptors, and is helpful for those with immune-related infertility issues/implantation issues.

And now for the big SURPRISE!!!

Meet the newest addition to our family:

Cooper "Vinnie" S!!:

(I was going to entitle this post "Screw you, , I adopted!!!!!" but then thought better.)







... And I don't care what anyone says, when he is a 65-lb pitbull I am still going to carry him around like this:



Who needs a baby when I can have sleepless nights with an un-housebroken puppy??

:)

21 comments:

mrsblondies said...

Very cool about the rose and congratulations on your new puppy.

Jenny said...

That pup is so adorable! And I think that title would have totally worked for your post! So happy about your new addition! :)

kcmarie122 said...

Yay! How exciting! He is so cute! And I love the name you chose! Vinnie! It so works!

Congrats! And so happy to hear about your sign! I will be praying!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Congrats on your new puppy! What a cutie pie!

Chasing said...

He's so cute! Congrats!

Cecilia said...

LOVE this dog! You absolutely should carry him around like that no matter how big he gets - don't let anyone tell you different! Also, I like the alternate post title :-)

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Congratulations on the new puppy! I like the name. St. Therese rocks- I am glad you got a rose! Have a good weekend!

Second Chances said...

He's SO cute! Enjoy him!

Leila said...

Ohhh, congratulations!!! Soooo cute!

And the rose, yay!

Sissy said...

Awwww. What an adorable puppy you have! I carried our dog around like that when she was small enough, and I still call her the baby. I tell her she won't always be the baby, so she needs to enjoy it!

Lisa and Jamie said...

Cool beans about the rose!

And the pup is beautiful! Congrats!

Erin said...

So adorable!!! There is nothing like love from a puppy...Enjoy!!

JellyBelly said...

What a great sign from St. Therese!!!

I'm loving the new pup! Congrats!

Praying for Hope said...

Aw, hold old is he? My brother and his partner have full-grown a German Shorthaired Pointer who still loves to sit in their laps, even at the dinner table. They'll always be puppies, no matter what age or size they are.

Thankful said...

Wow, you and St. Therese are tight! Congrats on the new addition to your family - he's a cutie.

Fertile Thoughts said...

oh, what a wonderful surprise! I love puppies/ dogs! You look so happy to have a puppy, adorable!

P.s. my texting has been shut off to my phone so no more for me :(

xo,
Amber

Tridentine Wife said...

Awwww I love those pics, how perfect! And St. Therese always come thorugh in the best of ways right?

Trustful Surrender said...

He's so cute!

Vent-ilation said...

He's ADORABLE!!

Suzie-Q T-Pie said...

oh my gosh he is soo cute! :)
And when your pitt is 65 lbs or more, HE will still want you to hold him like that! lol.
I love Pitts, they are one the most loving and loyal dogs out there. Congrats on your new addition!

WheelbarrowRider said...

love it! and vinnie is adorable!