Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!! (And Prayer Buddy Revealed)

Happy Easter everyone! May we all feel the joy and peace of the risen Lord today and throughout the year!

As promised, my Lenten Prayer Buddy will be revealed today. I must say that when I was given her name, I truly felt that the Holy Spirit was calling me to step into her life and into her heart, and to envelope her with prayer throughout Lent. I think this woman is tremendous - one of the most powerful witnesses to our faith and to the teachings of our Church that I have ever "met" on these blogs. Unfortunately, I have never met her in real life, but I do hope that someday I will be given that opportunity.

Praying for her during Lent was my honor, but not always easy. In the first few weeks of Lent, me and my husband were met with a lot of resistance to our prayer life, and I know the devil was trying to keep me from my prayers. There were some days I just couldn't do it. And that's when I enlisted "substitutes!" So, my mother stepped up to the plate, and in my inability to pray, she prayed.

When I was re-strengthened, I came back full force and I felt particularly called to say a daily rosary for this woman and for her family. Aside from the daily rosary, I entered her name in our book of intentions, lit candles, and offered prayers directly to Jesus at the moment of Communion during Masses. Finally, with the death of my dog on 3/17, I offered my suffering for her intentions.

Specifically, I prayed that her family would continue to be blessed through the miracle of adoption, that she would continue to be the amazing Catholic mother she is today, and that all of her children, present and future, will grow up to be happy, healthy, and holy.

L, "Grace in My Heart," it was a privilege to pray for you throughout these past 40 days!! Thank you for being such an inspiration to me personally and to all who read your blog.

God Bless you, G, and little E now and always!

5 comments:

Sew said...

I wish I had your grace with words... :)

Jenny said...

Ditto! I love how you say that praying was not easy! I think we can all feel that way...I struggle with this all the time! To be so aware of it is amazing! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Life In Mazes said...

Happy Easter!!!

Ann - Building a Nest said...

Happy Easter!

Grace in my Heart said...

You are the sweetest! I can't thank you enough for your prayers! :) I knew there was someone praying very hard for me this Lent and I'm not at all surprised now that I know who it was. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.