Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meeting "Thankful"

I am so "thankful" to have met "Thankful" IRL today!! (Her blog is "Always Giving Thanks," but her handle is Thankful.)

We met up at the mall, to have dinner at a restaurant (not in the food court). On my way to meet her, Thankful suggested we meet in front of the Baby Gap. I kid you not. She actually suggested this. I found this hysterical!

We had so much to talk about, and I really didn't want the evening to end, except the waiter wrapped up my flourless chocolate cake to-go (an on-the-house dessert that he gave me when I told him I was on a gluten-free diet! Score!), and brought it to our table with ICE CREAM wrapped up on ice. WTF??? Who does that?? So, Thankful thought maybe he was hoping we'd leave so my ice cream didn't melt all over my car!

She is so, so sweet! I really enjoyed speaking with her and getting to know her better.

In other news, my gluten-free diet is really going well. I found this gluten-free bread mix (and it comes in pizza crust mix, cinnamon bun mix, and all-purpose dough mix) called "Chebe." It is absolutely delicious. Main ingredient is tapioca flour, which, unlike RICE flour, my blood is not at all sensitive to. I highly recommend Chebe for anyone going gluten-free.

Thanks to those of you who inquired about DH's meeting from last week. It went very, very well. We will know the final "results" of it this upcoming Tuesday the 16th, but it's looking promising.

9 comments:

callmemama said...

LOL about baby gap :). It's always fun to meet a fellow blogger. Glad you had a good time!

Erin said...

Meeting bloggers IRL is a blessing. :)

JellyBelly said...

I'm gonna look for that gf stuff when we're down south! Soundsl yummy!!!

I'm so glad that you got to meet a blogger IRL! It's so great to talk to someone who just gets it!!!!

Chasing said...

So glad the meeting went well!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Cool! Thankful is making the rounds. We are having dinner in MN next week and I can't wait to see her again! Regarding the gluten free diet, oh my, I admire you, that would be so hard for me to follow through on! Have a great rest of the week and God Bless!

barbie said...

I'm so glad you got to meet her! It's always great to meet fellow bloggers...........

Sissy said...

It would be so fun to meet other bloggers, especially ones that are IF or adoption related.

Thankful said...

To be fair, I said between Gap and Baby Gap... but it was pretty funny nonetheless! :) TCIE, you are adorable!

Geez, does all of this getting around give me a bad rep? :)

Percolating Petals said...

Hey TCIE, if there's a Trader Joe's near you, they sell a gluten-free brownie mix as well as similar products. :)