Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good Updates

I have some good updates! While they may not constitute "good" to most, if they don't involve someone dying, getting arrested, being rejected for Home Study, or threatened with ovarian torsion, they're good updates for me.

I went for my first follicle scan on CD 6 (yesterday), after 3 days of injectables (50ius Follistim). I had 1 small follicle on the left and 4 small follicles on the RIGHT ovary... yes, you read that correctly, the RIGHT ovary, i.e. my righty-tighty, outta-business, gone-fishin', bum ovary! Lefty has been great, but lefty has yielded no baby bump, so I'm more than stoked for righty's Coming-Outta-Retirement event!

As I mentioned, yesterday was CD 6. Today it is now 6:00pm EST, and as of the evening of CD 5, I have had NO BLEEDING. That's right. No red, no pink, NO BROWN(!!!!), no purple, no green, no orange. NOTHING! CD 5 was a normal VL day (red), and then it stopped. Like a miracle! It stopped!! A 5 day period?? I thought those only existed on television!

I am taking a buttload of Doxycyclene (2 pills in the morning, 2 pills at night) along with DH, and I imagine the change in color (no brown) has something to do with that. Which, technically, I could look at in a bad way - if my brown bleeding disappears only with STRONG antibiotics, it must be infection. But, I'd rather look at it as, hey, I have no brown bleeding right now, therefore, right now I'm happy! And who knows... maybe the Sacrament of the Sick we received while on a TTC break also comes into play here. For those of you concerned, I am taking probiotic. Twice a day.

Speaking of normalcy, my next bit of news is in regards to positive changes from my gluten-free diet. I have been "regular" EVERY. DAY. FOR. FIVE. DAYS.

FIVE DAYS!! That is absolutely a record for me!! I feel like a new woman. Light and empty, just like my uterus :)

I am right smack in the midst of my crazy treatment cycle, had bloodwork this morning for cytokines and NK cell Assay, tomorrow I get an aPTT (blood clotting time) test done to double check the dose of my Lovenox which I started CD 6, I also get another follicle scan tomorrow, Friday I get an Intralipid infusion, Saturday I get acupuncture, Monday I go see Dr Ste.gman, Tuesday I get a Uterine Biophysical Profile ultrasound (my mentor at the imaging center where I'm doing my externship agreed to try this for me so I no longer have to fly to Chicago, yippee!), and sometime in there I will trigger. I suppose DH's 31st birthday on Sunday will be a BD-Fest. I'm sure he'll be ok with that.

Luckily, the madness will be over by the time Holy Week really gets going. I would much rather be focused completely on God from Thursday through Sunday next week, and yes, I will have to take meds still but it won't be nearly as much running around as now.

PS, I met Father Frank Pavone on Sunday night at an Anniversary Dinner for the local Crisis Pregnancy Center. He's such a great speaker (as we all know), and I also got to speak with him as he signed my book. We chatted about our infertility, NaPro (he said he's "good friends with the Hilgers"), IVF and the ironic travesty of so many lives lost by an industry striving to give people life. It was a brief conversation, but so good to meet someone I've admired for so long. I also told him (which is true) how I had sent Priests for Life my resume when I was a junior in college, but never followed up for an interview because I wasn't sure if I could move to (gasp!) Staten Island! DH told him how I was a FertilityCare Practitioner and becoming an Ultrasonographer (he's so cute when he "brags" about me).

17 comments:

mrsblondies said...

I'm glad to hear about positive news from you. I hope your ovaries continue to cooperate. It sounds like you have a lot going on soon treatment-wise. Very cool that you got to met Fr. Frank Pavone; I just was listening to him on Catholic Answers Live.

P.S. You never replied on setting up a time for a follow-up in early April :).

Thankful said...

Yay for good news and way to go, right ovary! Seriously, you were deserving of some good news - and now you get follicles, 5 days of AF, regular poo, you don't have to fly to Chicago, and you are going to give your DH a great birthday gift! Top it off with a "fatherly" chat and you should be flying high. Glad that things are looking up!

barbie said...

wow that's one heck of a week. glad things are looking up, praying SUPER hard for you this cycle.

Leila said...

Can you feel all the prayers for you this cycle?? They are going to be copious!!!!! Yee-haw!

callmemama said...

That is GREAT news!!! Yay for righty!
I'm glad you're seeing such good results from the GF diet :). I need to get back on the wagon - I've fallen off so much lately, and I can feel the difference in my body :(.
Oh, and congrats on the normal AF too! That is so exciting!

Erin said...

That sounds so promising that AF decided to leave so early!! DH and I used Doxy after our DT treatment. I would get horrible sinus headaches on the 2nd or 3rd day.

Prayers for a successful cycle for you! Do you still want to get together next Monday??

Tridentine Wife said...

I am so happy to read all about the good times! Especially the 5 day period with no tail end BB. I'm also super jealous that you were thisclose to one of my favorite priests Fr. Pavone. After all the bad stuff that has been ocurring in your life lately, it's nice to see God giving you a bit of a break. Hoping it continues!

JellyBelly said...

I'm so happy to read your happy news!!!! I can only dream of having a five day period (mine, I believe has just finished, but there was no brown, just very, very light spotting -- praise Jesus!).

I'm also so happy that your bowels are behaving. I have to post about my visit with my GI today, 'cos my bowels are jumping for joy right now!!!

Sending you hugs and I'm continuing to pray for you (honestly, I pray for all of my IF friends and I actually *name* you!).

Sissy said...

Yay! Righty.

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Good for righty! What great news!

Living Advent said...

YAY! You so deserve some good news!!! Yay for your right ovary and for a 5 DAY period!!! I don't think I've ever had a 5 day period!! Here's praying that there's only good news from here on out!

micasgirl said...

Thumbs WAAAAAYYYYY up! Go righty! Go righty! It's DH's birthday! :D

Thinking about you and praying, as always. <3

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Rock on! I am all for regularity!!!! As I posted on Jelly Belly's blog earlier - a happy colon, makes for a happy JBTC! I can't believe you met Fr. Pavone, wow what a blessing! Have a great rest of the week and God Bless!

Ann - Building a Nest said...

Lots of great news! Doesn’t it feel great when your bum ovary decides to join the team? You’ve got such a busy week for all the treatment. I’m hoping big things for you this cycle.

Second Chances said...

Me too...hoping hoping for a good cycle for you. Great start!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Thanks for easing my mind about my estrodial! Everyone keeps talking about FJIEJ but I can't read her blog-it's blocked. Do you know how to "crack the code"?

Shannon said...

you're SUCH a dear. thank you for your comments.

I'm praying for you and hoping hoping hoping to hear more good news...