Monday, January 25, 2010

Sitting Out

As suspected, I need to sit out a cycle until these cysts resolve. There are multiple cysts on both sides, and they're pretty large and in charge. Dr KK recommended I take a pack of bcp, but when I said absolutelynowayinheckeverevereveragain, she agreed that Prometrium would be fine instead. So I'm going to take 3 weeks of Prometrium and hope and pray it shrinks up those suckers.

Then I have a pretty good game plan for next cycle. Basically all the same stuff as this past cycle, except we're going to MAKE SURE I ovulate this time! Lower dose of Follistim, and frequent ultrasound monitoring. I may ask my NaPro Dr for an u/s series (or perhaps get a series done at the imaging center where I work).

Dr K-K somehow managed to get me hopeful again :) So I'm really, really looking forward to mid-February when my new cycle should be starting.
Now I just have to get there. I hate waiting.

13 comments:

Second Chances said...

I'm sorry you have to wait. I'm a terrible waiter! But I'm glad you are once again filled with hope and I'm hopeful for you :)

mrsblondies said...

Sorry about the cysts and the waiting, but I'm glad you've got a plan for next cycle. I'm quite hopeful for you too!

JellyBelly said...

I, too, am a terrible waiter! You're not alone! Stupid cysts!!!!

prayerfuljourney said...

Been there...done that...IF is full of waiting. Lord Willing..the next cycle you do the meds will be ending with your b.f.p!!!

I just have to ask...do you get any work done with all the self-imaging u/s you do? hehehehe...:)

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Ugh...waiting and waiting...sorry for the delay! Do you have to go back to Chicago again before the mid-Feb cycle or can you do it all by phone? I hope things start to brighten up soon! This winter weather is getting to me

Life In Mazes said...

Are you feeling pain in those areas? I always wondered if you can have cysts and not have pain. I think that is what I had a few cycles ago.

I am so glad you are being cared for so well and no one is just shoving meds your way and not seeing just how your body is really responding.

Continuing to pray! As always!

Dear February,
You are very important to TCIE and we are all praying that you are kind to her and be a memorable time for dreams coming true!!!

LifeHopes said...

I loathe cysts and unfortunately they seem to love me:(

I am still very hopeful for you, too, so BRING IT ON AGAIN!!!

Praying for Hope said...

Waiting is rarely any fun. Sorry about the cycsts. It's a good thing that you have something to look foward to once you manage to get rid of them.

Ann - Building a Nest said...

Bummer. I hate being benched and I know you do to. It sounds like a great plan for next time.

On LIM's question, I have rarely had pain with cysts. One time, I had not been on any medication for 5 months, went in for a scan and there was a cyst so large they couldn't believe I wasn't in constant pain. It hurt me one time for about 5 minutes, but that was it. I was put on pelvic rest and had to wait a month.

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

"I hate waiting." Ha! That is the understatement of the year for all of us. Praying for your next cycle!

WheelbarrowRider said...

Glad they were caught early, you can fix them without bcp and you have a good game plan. New cycle, new hope! I am so glad you are moving forward and able to learn how to tweak things with each cycle.

callmemama said...

Ugh, that just sucks. I hope the prometrium does the trick!

Sew said...

Come on Mid february.....

I really want to know why you still make me put in this stupid word verfication....