Monday, December 14, 2009

Nagging Feeling... semi-confirmed

So, remember those 2 nagging feelings I had a while ago?

Well, I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to blog about this, BUT, I did put a call in to Dr S.tegman's office about the likelihood of my left fimbriatic cyst being an impedance to pregnancy.
But then there was the issue of, why (since surgery last April, anyway), have I had almost exclusively left-sided ovulations??

I had another ultrasound on CD 13 this cycle (Thursday) at my clinical site. The sonographer, one of the women I work with, measured my follicles for me, and took a picture of a "hemorrhagic cyst" on my right side. It was clearly NOT a follicle. But I immediately said, "Wait... I had the same thing last cycle!" Last cycle when she said "hemorrhagic cyst," I assumed I had just ovulated from the right, and was about to ovulate from the left within a few hours. (When a cyst ruptures, it bleeds into itself, so a corpus luteum is, at different stages, a hemorrhagic cyst.)
But this cycle, I was at least 1 full day before ovulation. And the structure, whatever it was, was not a "fresh" corpus luteum. It was completely homogeneous throughout. Otherwise known as a chocolate cyst...

Endometrioma.

The sonographer said it, too. Possible. Not definite.

But I'm thinking, yeah. That would most certainly explain it.

I got a free pelvic MRI a few months ago, also- (working at the imaging center has its perks!) and in the report, the radiologist said a hemorrhagic cyst was noted... I was on CD NINE and still bleeding at the time!! My Dr and I both dismissed it... but now...

I emailed my NaPro Dr, and she concurs it seems likely it is a small endometrioma, because a residual corpus luteal cyst would resolve itself within a month, and NOT interfere with ovulation on that side.

Too bad it's the end of the year, and I'll have to start over again with my deductible when I schedule surgery :( Yes, I've decided I definitely want to get rid of it- it's only going to grow in time, and maybe he can remove that fimbriatic cyst on the left, while he's at it.

On the 13th day of Christmas, my Lord God gave to me...

hahahaha!

'sall good. I'm ok with it. He's keeping me on my toes :)

12 comments:

mrsblondies said...

Sorry about the endometrioma and having to deal with another surgery (especially on another year's deductible). Talk to you on Friday!

Find joy in every journey said...

Gosh A- I can't believe you keeping finding more things out to work on. Praying for you.

Life In Mazes said...

You are so awesome! I am just so glad God has given you so much wisdom so that you are not at the total mercy of doctors who may be too busy or clueless to advocate for you! I am so glad you keep your sense of humor and keep trucking along! You really inspire me! Praying for you!

Kathryn said...

Wow. I cannot believe all you've had to deal with. You have an awesome attitude. I admire you.

callmemama said...

An endometrioma totally sucks :(. I'm glad you're getting it taken care of though, because as I've learned - they can end up completely destroying the ovary if not removed properly/completely. Your poor ovary could be trying to ovulate every month and that stinkin' endometrioma just won't let it.
I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this, but glad you're able to stay so cheerful about it!

the misfit said...

I hate the name chocolate cyst. I feel like chocolate is one of the few consolations of the infertile. How can they take the name for something so good, and use it for something so rotten? Anyway, I'm glad you found it while it's still small. I hope they can operate laparoscopically and you'll be healed up and ovulating normally in no time!

JellyBelly said...

Stupid endometrioma!!!!!

Praying for you buddy!

Sew said...

I don't even know what to say! But honey, the fight is on! Don't mess with TCIE! Dying laughing at the end of your post! hahahahaha!

Praying for Hope said...

At least you found it before it grows and potentially becomes a bigger problem. Nice perks, by the way.

WheelbarrowRider said...

I am proud of your attitude too-that job of yours def has perks! I think about my friend who was in dental hygiene school, always looking for patients to clean their teeth so they could learn. Wish I lived closer, I'd let you wand me anytime-ha ha! You are certainly resourceful at getting to the bottom of things!

Thankful said...

Sorry to hear about the endometrioma, but glad that you are remaining positive and charging ahead!

LifeHopes said...

Ugh. I HATE endometriomas. They are the bain (sp?) of my existence.

zap that sucker out of there asap!