Sunday, August 9, 2009

How Many of You are Regular in your Monthly Periods?

I seriously cannot believe I forgot to blog about this!!!

While at BW Weekend (Barren Wives' Weekend), we went to Mass at St. Mary's on Saturday evening. Well, we showed up about an hour early for Mass, and just as we walked up to the front doors, out came the Monsignor: an eighty-some year old man with hearing loss, who was beside himself at the prospect of having an audience of 8 young women to talk to for an hour.

We introduced ourselves, and he began to ask if we were married, and if we had children. Fertile Thoughts told him, "No, we're all Infertile." He looked confused. He then asked FJIEJ, "So, how many kids do you have?" "None, Father." Then me. "None, Father. None of us have any children. We're all trying very hard to conceive..." Again, a look of confusion. To Sew Infertile: "So, are you married? Do you have kids yet?" Finally, after going through all 8 of us with the SAME QUESTION, I think he finally got it. I think it was AYWH who told him, in laymen's terms (haha!), "We can't have children, Father."

He paused. He looked serious. Then he said...

"How many of you are regular in your monthly periods?"

I. thought. I. was. going. to. DIE!!!!!!! How adorably FUNNY is THAT?!?!?!

Another highlight of our conversation with the Monsignor was when we he was telling us about his C-Pap that he sleeps with for sleep apnea. (He jumped around from serious topics, like the sacrament of marriage, and the lives of Saints, to less serious topics, like... tennis raquets... with quite ease.) After telling us about the C-Pap, he took a long pause. Then he reached into his shirt pocket, and took out something that looked like a prayer card. He looked at it, looked at all of us, and said...

"I need to get it re-filled on August 13th."

LMAO! I was on the edge of my seat, waiting for him to read something inspiring from this "prayer card," and instead, he's looking at a Dr's appointment reminder!!


On a different note- I am on CD 3, 2nd day of HEAVY bleeding. And I mean HEAVY. Good news is, only a couple of very tiny clots, nothing like previous cycles, so I think the Lovenox is really a good treatment for me. I can only hope that all this bleeding will mean a shorter period this month. I can't imagine going 10 days like THIS- I'd be dead.

I had a horrendous day yesterday. On top of the heavy, insane bleeding, I just felt like I was bleeding out in every way possible- psychologically, spiritually, emotionally, and hormonally. With that heavy period, I was also draining every other aspect of myself- it was intense, and the worst I've felt in a very, very long time. It's better today, but not completely. I definately had a big crash with this period.

Some good news- my Lovenox is now $35 for 30 syringes. I had been paying $35 for 10. Score!

10 comments:

B said...

You mentioned heavy menstrual bleeding. My sister has had this recently. Do you know of treatments for this that are consistent with the Catholic Church? She has children and was told she could have the uterine lining removed, but would have to have her tubes tied since that would create a hostile environment. She won't do that and hasn't gotten relief from the other things they have tried, like hormone therapy. Thank you.

allyouwhohope said...

I laughed as soon as I saw the title pop up on my side bar! HAHA!! It was such an odd experience, and so was my confession with him!!! And I forgot about the appointment card he pulled out.. that was hysterical!! And how about talking tennis with Amber? "Wilson.. Wilson... Wilson..."

Sorry you had a difficult day yesterday. Praying for you!

Sew said...

I had to laugh when I read the title! Love it! :)

I will be going through blogger withdrawal for the next 4-6 days. :( computer is in the shop!! Ugg!

Now I understand by what you mean by bleeding out. I didn't get that test yesterday. I get it now...God's hallowing you out dear! :)

Beth said...

that is HILARIOUS about the priest!!

Life In Mazes said...

I have to tell you that is funny and kind all at the same time. I have learned that you can never anticipate what will come out of a priest's or nun's mouth. Yet, I find it comforting that they try to understand.
I hate the you are bleeding so heavy. I remember days like that when I would ruin several outfits each cycle. It would be so bad that I was almost paranoid to fall asleep at night. I hope that this next cycle brings you one huge step closer to your ultimate goal :)

Praying for Hope said...

Poor guy. It was sweet of him to try to understand though.

Lisa and Jamie said...

LOL!!! I wish I could have seen your faces when he asked that question! hilarious!

JellyBelly said...

you just brought a HUGE smile to my face!

what a strange experience!

"russian? what kind of racquet?"

honest to pete!!!

LifeHopes said...

oh my gosh I will NEVER forget that day, that place, that priest or that Church!!!

It was both frightening AND hilarious all at the same time!!!!

Thanks for making me laugh today!!!

Wow wasn't EVERYTHING about that whole experience SO typical to infertility??? Like, all the comments, advice, etc ... it was just comical. :):)

the misfit said...

That is the funniest blog post I have read EVER. I read it to my husband, and he laughed out loud. I cannot BELIEVE he said that. WOW.