Friday, August 7, 2009

Dr. Kwak-Kim, August 25th

My appointment is all set up. Their first available date was actually the week before, but I have finals for class that week so I pushed it back.

Actually, the first date she threw out at me was Wednesday, August 19th. Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary, and coincidentally, our Third Anniversary of TTC. You don't know how badly I wanted to yell, "I'll take it!!!"- thinking it was a sign from God. But I'll just have to wait. I've gotten pretty good at waiting over the past 3 years.

I just booked my tickets, and decided rather than stay in a hotel in Chicago for a night, I'll fly in and out all in 1 day. The appointment is at 9:15am, and I fly out at 3:30pm. I figure I'll have time for lunch. If any fellow bloggers are in the Chicago area and would like to meet up for lunch, let me know!! I hate eating alone... it's just one of my "things."

DH is taking me to get sushi tonight. I started spotting this morning, so it's most likely CD 1 (I don't expect the spotting to last longer than a day or two). Time to pick up all my lovely CD 1 meds from Rite Aid.

Seriously, please let me know if you'd like to meet up on Tuesday the 25th!

6 comments:

barbie said...

Good luck with your appointment, what does that Dr specialize in?

Sew said...

Praise Jesus!!!!!!!!!

keep calm and carry on... said...

good luck with your appt!

eating sushi is one of my cd 1 or 2 traditions... i think the lady at our favorite restaurant has started to recognize us every month :)

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Barbie, she's a Reproductive Immunologist who trained with the late Dr. Alan Beers (pioneer of RI medicine).

the misfit said...

The 19th is NOT your wedding anniversary. That's OUR fourth wedding anniversary! (We have two other sets of friends who also have that anniversary - unfortunately, they both got married in the same year, so we could only attend one wedding. And they apparently got married on the same date as you, in 2006! Oh, both other couples have two kids already. So, the date isn't jinxed, or anything.)

Well, anyway, have a wonderful anniversary AND hope that the appointment is a great breakthrough.

And may I say, if I have not already, I am in awe of the energy you've put into finding a diagnosis. I don't think I have a stamina for a tenth of the leads you've tracked down - in fact, I pretty much rely on the enterprising bloggers to think of all the possibilities for me so I don't have to do my own research :).

Living Advent said...

YAY!! I'm so glad to hear that she could get you in so soon! I'm so sorry to hear about your new cycle. I'm praying that Dr. Kwak-Kim is going to help you get to the bottom of this quickly and help you finally get your BFP!

I LOVE sushi!! I wish we had a good place for sushi around here. Alas, as I say all the time "I live in the toolies!" Oh well, I'll have an opportunity to get some really good sushi in a couple of weeks in Seattle... until then, I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

Too bad I won't be in Chicago to have lunch with you. I'm still trying to work out getting to the St Gianna shrine in September, so maybe we could have lunch then?