Monday, August 3, 2009

The Bombshell... and Inner Peace

This weekend was SOOOO refreshing, I can't even put it into words. I was able to meet up IRL with some of my very favorite bloggers, and some of my very favorite people. It was simply perfect, I only wish it lasted longer :(

Then I came home, and I see my DH sitting on the couch with a sombre look on his face. He tells me to come sit down.

My SIL (the middle one) is pregnant.

And my reaction?

So what?

I haven't put this past her from the beginning. I'm honestly just surprised she didn't pull this sooner. Of course, she's expecting all kinds of attention, good and bad, because attention is what puts her back in the limelight where she wants to be. So I told DH, this is NOT something to get upset about due to jealousy. Rather, it's something we need to pray about for the child's sake- - being conceived and born out of wedlock and without a stable father figure is going to be a very sad situation for this poor baby. Not to mention how it will mess with our niece psychologically.

I have to thank all of you who were on the weekend for giving me a clear head and an open heart to think and feel with. Of course I'm slightly upset, and will remain slightly upset for a long time, most likely. BUT, I did not have the kind of reaction I would have expected had I heard the news before the weekend. DH had to pick his jaw up off the floor when I calmly told him that this was not a big deal!!

Anyway, I'd write more about this but a) I'm exhausted from 13 hrs of being in the car, and b) I don't want to give it anymore attention tonight!

11 comments:

Find joy in every journey said...

Oh.MY.GOODNESS. I am SO sorry. I can completely speechless. Call me tomorrow if you need me.

barbie said...

good for you! that is certainly what you guys need to do, pray pray pray.

allyouwhohope said...

Wow. I am so sorry! That is an amazing attitude though and I think I know where you are coming from. I was definitely lifted up by the weekend and feel better equipped to handle stuff. I'm not sure what it is.. maybe because there is strength in numbers? I don't know, but hopefully it won't wear off!

mrsblondies said...

You are handling a bad situation wonderfully. I'm glad that the weekend you had was so helpful and I wish that I could have been a part of it.

Vent-ilation said...

What grace you handled that announcement with! So proud of you! (And if you do have any "moments", that's okay, too.)

Praying for Hope said...

I remember your description of you SIL. She's a treat. You're handling it well. Good for you! Not so good for her. The poor baby.

LifeHopes said...

W0W. What news to come home to!!!!

I am impressed at how well you are handling it!!

I think its good you are not going to let it eat you up. And praying for this child is the probably the very best thing to do.

Tridentine Wife said...

What a great attitude to have. Praying for this crazy chick is about the only thing that can probably help her at this point. I'm glad you had a great weekend.

Sew said...

Was it living advent that said she felt like she was gearing up for a battle? We come home to a battle? I am sorry!

I wanted to apologize the other night. I didn't realize you were praying when I told you to get in bed. hahahahaha I meant get in bed to see if the mattress needs air! hahaha! I was not trying to be your mother! As I was thinking about it, I thought how rude she was praying and I wasn't even paying attention!!! Sorry. :(

Bon said...

Holy crap!!!!! I am SS about SIL! That is crazy. Why does stuff like that happen, I will NEVER understand. When I get to heaven, that's one question I want to know.

God Alone Suffices said...

Holy crap. Thank goodness your husband was able to talk with her! Praying!