Friday, June 5, 2009

Things are MOVING!!

I am so sorry I haven't posted sooner, my dear friends :) Wednesday, DH and I had a WONDERFUL Home Study interview with our Social Worker!! It was completely unexpected, and as you may recall, we went into it thinking that by the end we'd be asking for a different Social Worker. As it turns out, I think I was a being a little too sensitive to the emails I had received from her. Our Social Worker is a very straightforward kind of person, and her very blunt, matter-of-fact emails made me feel like she was dismissing us and judging us.

That is not at ALL how we felt at the interview :) Thank you, GOD, for hearing our prayers!!

We cleared up the financial "worries," (she actually prefaced the whole thing by saying, "I know in self-employment cases the tax returns always show very low numbers, so I'm not really concerned about this... but, how can we prove your financial health to the agency?") All she needed was evidence of other assets, like proof of Partnership and the business account info.

Not only that, but the other issue that she had expressed concern about... well, without delving into too much information here, let's just say we COMPLETELY lucked out, because she confided in us that there was a similar issue in her own family!! At the end of our discussion about the issue, she said she had no reason to feel that we should have to wait a year or so before moving forward with adoption!

The absolute best news from the day was when we discussed the timing for the remainder of the Home Study. I expressed concern over how long everything was taking, and she told us that she has always been the kind of person that worked on her own schedule... so, instead of spacing out all our paperwork over the 4 different interviews, she gave us almost ALL of it at the 1st interview!! She said she likes to do the 2nd, 3rd and home visit (4th) appointments close together, so she gets all of the paperwork out of the way for the couple up front!! I then asked her, "So when do you think we'll be able to schedule a home visit?" She responded, "I'm thinking July." WOO FREAKING HOO!!!! We could finally be approved by August!! I CANNOT WAIT!

We would have been able to schedule the 3rd interview right then and there, but she is still waiting on one of our references. Oooooh, don't even get me started, we called them TWO WEEKS AGO to remind them how important this was, and how it was the last thing we were waiting for, etc. etc... it is neighbors of ours, who primarily know DH and his family really well. So we went ahead and asked another friend of the family who was at our wedding. He's a lawyer, too, so he may even be able to help us with the finalization some day :)

In other news, I got a phone call from Dr. S.tegman the other night at 9:30pm!! I heart NaPro! What IVF Dr would call their patient at home on a Sunday night?? He discussed with me my inquiries about having a repeat laparoscopy at the same time as the selective HSG, but he feels that if I had adhesions, I'd know about it because I'd have symptoms. He is mostly concerned about the tubes, and wanting to assess their health, so we agreed to just do the HSG on the 16th. He also agreed that I don't need to come in for a pre-op, but we'll do a phone consult instead- that way I won't miss another lab for my Sonography class :)

My mom wants to be there again, even though I told her it's not a big deal... but she feels better to be there for it, so she'll be coming up on the 15th and driving out to PA with us on the 16th. Great. Now I really have to clean house :P

My 10 Year High School Reunion is tomorrow evening. While I may not have kids or a pregnancy to show off, I will be telling people about the adoption finally :) I was hesitant to say anything before this last meeting, since I was so scared we wouldn't be approved. But now it's definitely feeling more real. I do wish I could have a few drinks (it's open bar, and I paid $120 for DH and myself... I'm sure the cost is mostly for the booze!!), but I'm post-Peak and it's too soon to take an hpt to rule out pregnancy. Ah, well, at least I'll be able to drink margaritas on the beach in Mexico in a couple weeks! Gotta love pre-Peak vacations!

12 comments:

JellyBelly said...

fantastic news!!! i'm so glad that your home visit went so well. you definitely lucked out in the end with your social worker.

i just don't get competition within families. if i lived closer to you i'd kick her in the shin for you. with pointy shoes. ;)

Sew said...

That is great news! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy! I am so excited for you!!!

How bout that new furniture????

LifeHopes said...

Wow!!!!

This is an amazingingly fantastic post!!!

I have been praying for this whole situation specifically. THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERING THESE PRAYERS!

I am so excited for you. Isn't it all so exciting????

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hafsa said...

Great news! I'm so happy that things are moving along with your adoption.

Grace in my Heart said...

Yay! It sounds like things have totally turned around on the adoption front!!! I'm so excited for you!

prayerfuljourney said...

That is wonderful news about the adoption! I love when there are positives in such a negative IF world...ugh! I will keep you and your dh in my prayers for a continuing smooth/adoption process and short wait for a baby. Blessings!!!

lowly said...

So exciting!!! The day we learned that a birthmother picked us...well, let me just say it was the most exciting news of my life! Anyou are getting closer and closer!

allyouwhohope said...

Wow! Great news!

By the way, you mentioned the dr. said you don't have symptoms of having adhesions, but do you know what those symptoms would be?

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

AYWH- He said something about pain before my periods and pain around my ovaries around the time of ovulation (different than typical "O pains"). He said you can never really prevent ALL adhesions, especially when doing an ovarian wedge resection... but that the adhesions that usually result from NaPro surgeries do not interfere with fertility... except if you have severe pains.

I'll ask him more about this during my pre-op.

the misfit said...

I'm so glad all that worked out - it must have been such a load off your mind to think that there might be a bar to adoption.

Hey, my ten-year HS reunion is coming up too. I don't think I'm going to go, but it's an interesting milestone.

Vent-ilation said...

Seriously, between you and Sew's latest posts, I think we're reading each other's minds or something. I TOTALLY get how you feel about your cousin. Heck, I'm pg already and I'm getting nervous about a family member announcing something. I'm already worrying "what if she 'steals' my girl name?" and stuff like that... mind you, we're having a boy and may never have a girl. But yeah, I get you! Congrats, though, on the adoption front. Focus on the positive!! (And sign up for a regular yoga class until you have your baby. Then you can do Mommy and Me yoga!)

Praying for Hope said...

Dr. Stegman is such a good and understanding guy. I'm glad you got in with him again. And good news about the pre-adoption "mess" clearing up! You really needed a run of good news.