Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Could Be Pg with Michael Jackson's Reincarnation

So, I got my positive OPK on June 25th... which means I *could* have conceived on the day the King of Pop passed away. And his soul could have floated right on over to Mexico to my womb.

OK, not really, but how funny would it be if my kid's first steps were a backwards moonwalk?

On a more serious note, I am soooo bummed about the MJ news. Having 3 older sisters who were coming of age in the 80s, I was learning the moonwalk and the choreography to Thriller when most 3 and 4 year olds were learning the Hokey-Pokey. I used to sing my own made-up lyrics to Beat It (they were pretty funny, too), while sucking my fingers in the stroller. This is a huge loss, not just for me, but for the world. And no, I'm not deifying the man, but let's face it, he pretty much defined the Music Industry.

Anyway, I am sitting at the resorts getting ready to leave for the airport and thought I'd check in to let you all know the vacation was a SMASH! I feel SO relaxed right now, and I just hope that I can make it last through the summer. I'm not the easy-going type by nature... but I'd really like to give it a try, because let's face it, uptight, impatient, irritable, and high-strung are not all that attractive. I had some reflexology at the spa the day I ovulated, and took a yoga class each afternoon, too, so hopefully things were all *working* properly.

I'm not honestly thinking I'm pregnant, mind you. I just hope that everything is in working order. I don't even know if I did ovulate (an LH surge doesn't mean definate O, especially with PCOS)- - I'm really putting my hope into NEXT month, when I am back on Femara. But I do hope that all of this glorious sunshine and relaxation did my body good.

Well, it's about time to skidaddle. Adios, Cancun!

8 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

What a wonderful blessing to have had a relaxing vacation! Praise God!

If you happened to have conceived on M.J's untimely passing...pls don't name the baby "Bill.y Je.an" that would be "Ba.d". Haaaa!!! Okay..I know...so very corney. I turned on the t.v. that day to hear that Farra.h Faw.cett passed and there on the lower edge of the t.v read that M.J. was being rushed to the hsp for a card.iac arr.est. What? It was a sad day. I was not a huge fan of M.J. but my best friend loved him at that time and got to see him in concert. She also loved Ma.donna. I favored Dura.n Dur.an. Oh those fab 80's.

Anyway...glad to hear you had a good trip. Welcome home! :)

Hafsa said...

I'm glad that you had a restful vacation, doesn't it suck to come back an dlive in the real world? I love yoga, it does amazing things for my body in terms of relaxing. I hope the reflexology and the yoga relaxed that womb for some good things to happen :)

Sew said...

U scare me! :) Hurry up and get home already!

JellyBelly said...

i'm so glad that you had a good vacation. i'm so envious!

the misfit said...

Reassure me...you wouldn't really want to give birth to that man? Even in baby form (if that can be imagined)?

You may enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJW_yTbYGoI

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Lmao, that was hysterical! :) TFS!

And no, I would not want to give birth to MJ... that would be rather scary.

Vent-ilation said...

Glad you had a great vacation!! Welcome back.

Praying for Hope said...

Glad you had a relaxing vacation. Those are the best ones.