Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crazy Busy

Wow. That was some serious PMS I had during that last post. Maybe I was a little too hasty in coming off Naltrexone??

My depression is much better now. I did start a flow (thank you, God!) on Friday, making today CD 3. Antibiotics were started right on time, and by the time of my SHSG on Tuesday, the flow should be minimal, so all is working out quite nicely.

Now I just need to get through this week before I can bask in the sunshine at the Royal Resorts, Cancun, Mexico!! Not so fast, here's just a sampling of what I need to do BEFORE I leave on Saturday morning:

Yesterday: Submit online Study Guide assignments for weeks 4-6 of the 3 online Sonography classes by midnight. Check. Attend the Fire House "Thank You" dinner/dance for all the helpers at this year's Gala. Check. (Drink copious amounts of free wine. Check.)

Sunday: CLEAN HOUSE and prepare guest room upstairs for my mother, who is coming with my dad on Monday, staying the night, and driving to my surgery with DH and me on Tuesday. (This may sound like an easy feat, but you haven't seen my house lately...)
Write a 20-30 minute speech to be given on Thursday at R.utgers University Catholic Students Association. Topic: The Body Reveals the Person. Also write some discussion questions and a brief bio.
Night- listen to HypnoFertility tape that the therapist made for me in preparation for the procedure.

Monday: Follow-up in the am.
Greet my parents and serve them lunch (I'm thinking pierogies.)
Follow-up in the pm.
Prepare and serve dinner.
No food or drink for me past 12 midnight.

Tuesday: Leave for Holy Spirit Hospital. Time TBD, most likely around 6:00am. (Hospital still hasn't called to tell me when I need to get there.)
SHSG at 11:30/12:00noon. Listen to HypnoFertility tape.
Somehow figure out a way to log in to my online class at 4:00pm. If I can't, I can't, but I should try.

Wednesday: This was the day we originally planned to take my niece to the B.ronx Zoo, but I'm thinking that's not gonna happen now.
Two follow-ups back to back in the evening.

Thursday: Lab 8:30am-12:30pm.
Make-up lab time from what I missed on Tuesday until about 1:30-2:00?
Online class 4:00pm-5:00pm.
R.utgers symposium for CSA- 7:00pm.

Friday: Work on and mail out application for sonography scholarship (the one for students with blood disorders), since it's due June 30th and I will be gone thru the 27th.
Pay bills.
Pack for a week in Cancun.
Launder/iron anything that needs it while packing.
Pass out from exhaustion.

Saturday: Leave around 4:00am for the airport. Flight leaves at 6:55am.
Mexico, here we come!!

7 comments:

Complicated Life said...

You have a whole lot to do, but I'm excited you're going on vacation to the Royal Resorts! We were there in March. It was my first time and I loved it! My dh keeps talking about going again. I'll be praying for you this week with everything you have going on and praying that you have a fabulous time away!

Grace in my Heart said...

You're one busy chica! That vacation will be well-deserved! Have an awesome time! :)

JellyBelly said...

i need a nap after reading your post!!! you're definitely in need a vacation after an action packed week like you're going to have!

Hafsa said...

I'm so jealous that you're going to be in Cancun! You deserve it though, your week sounds pretty hectic. Praying that your surgery goes well.

the misfit said...

Wow, that's a ton! Your speech sounds super-exciting, and I'll pray for the SHSG (I know that's one of the ones I haven't had, but I hate all of them, so I'll pray it goes smoothly).

I assume you're Polish also? I can't claim any expertise in pierogi-making though - I only make them for very rare occasions, usually Christmas.

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Nope, not Polish at all :) But I freaking LOVE pierogies! I get them pre-made, and they're not bad at all! Sweat an onion in some butter, throw it over the boiled pierogies, and I'm golden.

Praying for Hope said...

Busy week. It'll go faster that way. Good luck with the SHSG tomorrow. I'll wave to you from across the river. Heck, I'll probably be passing you on my way to work. Enjoy Cancun!