Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Surgery Scheduled

Well, I finally was able to schedule this selective HSG!! I've only been waiting to do it since January!

My selective HSG will be on Tue, June 16th. The bad news is it's a lab day for class, and I'll be missing 2 labs the very next week while I'm away on vacation in Cancun (I can't WAIT)! Then to top it off, the pre-op is on Thur, June 11th. My labs are Tuesdays and Thursdays! What are the chances! Apparently Dr. S.tegman only has those two availabilities in June, and if I need to re-schedule, we'll be in July. I'm hesitant to put this off any longer than it already has been, though, so I will just need to find a way to make up 4 labs (16 hrs worth of labs).

I am trying to see if I can also get a laparoscopy done, to remove any adhesions that may be leftover from last April's surgery. I suspect that the "free fluid" (which I'm starting to learn about in my sonography classes) was really just fluid that attached itself to adhesions around my ovaries or tubes, rather than hydrosalpinx. After I sobbed on the phone with my mother about the possible hydrosalpinx trauma, she had a dream about me where everything turned out ok. I was healthy. And I put a LOT of stock into my mother's dreams- her father visited her in a dream shortly after he died, and she had dreams about my grandmother's cancer returning before the Dr even knew it, etc.

So, that's the latest news over here. That and my 2nd Home Study visit has been scheduled! It is next Wednesday, at which point we will voice our concerns to our Social Worker, and see about possibly switching to another one. But we're giving her the benefit of the doubt for now.

I had some amazing cm ever since the last day of the uterine washes (Monday), and I am feeling some bloating today, very reminiscent of post-ovulation. If I am post-O, it will be a first for me- - that would mean I O'd on CD 12!!! We did BD last night, but DH didn't really deposit his entire paycheck, if you catch my drift. Dr. Toth is "cautiously optimistic" that we'll be able to conceive naturally within the next 4 months. Well... that makes one of us.

14 comments:

Find joy in every journey said...

Bummer you will be in Central PA and we will be in NJ!! Ahh!!!! We need to get together possibly that week if we can. :)

So glad you got a SHSG! I am hoping for a lap in Sept/Oct, we'll see.

Yeah for the 2nd home visit!!!

Grace in my Heart said...

I'm glad you are giving the social worker another chance, but also glad to hear you'll give her the boot if she needs it :) It sounds like you have a lot of exciting things going on right now!

Sew said...

That is fantastic! You have been a busy bee! :) I can't wait, come on June 16th!!

Sew said...

do they put you under for that or are you lightly sedated?

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

I believe, from what FJIEJ said, it's just a local... right, FJIEJ?

My Dr. just called me and said I'll probably want to do this in steps- that she doesn't think there's definately adhesions, and she's more concerned about wanting to see the status of my tubes right now.

So much for killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

the misfit said...

At first I thought you meant "elective HSG," and I thought, hey, they're all elective - except THEY'RE NOT, but selective? Confused here. I think my IF vocabulary is still catching up. But, glad to hear you're seeming healthier! And back to having sex, right?

the misfit said...

Sorry, that was a little personal. I'm in favor of sex, BTW :).

JellyBelly said...

yay june 16th! and yay for the second home visit! great news!

Life In Mazes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life In Mazes said...

Sorry I had to delete the comment I made bc I had so many typos.
I am so excited that you are finally scheduled for this surgery! It definitely looks like things are coming together for you! I am sending up lots of prayers for you!
Cancun sounds like so much fun! I was able to go there years ago and loved it!
I want to tell you how much it means to me that you have kept my family in your prayers as we carried such a heavy cross. I am so thankful that you lit a candle for our little one! It means the world to me.

LifeHopes said...

It would be great to kill two birds with one stone by getting a lap done, too!!!

I hope and pray that works out for you.

Sew said...

Is is me or are we IF girls addicted to surgery!? ;)

prayerfuljourney said...

Yeah...I agree with Sew..are we addicted to surgery? or is surgery just part of the IF journey? My goodness...aren't all the meds bad enough? Let's not mention the emotional toll IF takes on us too. Hmmmm....They crazy thing is that we all seem to get excited about all the suffering we will be facing! I guess we just hope it's all for the good and steps in the right direction. TCIE...I pray for you and hope for healing! God Bless.

Praying for Hope said...

It would certainly be nice if Dr. Toth were right. You never know. I'm glad you finally got in with Dr. Stegman. He's a busy, busy man. I'm having problems getting a simple appointment with him for August since he's already booked up. I wouldn't put it off until July either.