Friday, May 1, 2009

I have nothing particularly interesting to write today. But I really wanted to demote that last "pious" post.

I'm reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." No, I am not an 11 year old. But last weekend while at my parents' house, I wanted to read outside in the sun, and there were slim-pickins since we have all taken most of our books. But I always did love the book, and haven't read it since I was a kid. It really is excellently written. Unlike this post.

I sent out a check today for my 10 Year High School Reunion, which will be on June 6th. It's funny to think- how long ago High School feels, but yet how short 10 years really feels. Our class was pretty tightly knit - -the majority of us all went to the same school from Kindergarten through 12th grade - - so it should be a good time. And fortunately for me, none of my close friends from HS have babies or are pregnant, so it'll be a little easier on me than the college reunion (that I skipped).

I am sitting here breathing in the sweet aroma of my new favorite household appliance- - my Glade Plug-In!! If you have a cat, or cats, this thing is HEAVEN-SENT!! Oh, the pleasure of not smelling crap in your house :)

My cm has been kinda scanty this cycle. I just popped a Mucinex, and we'll see how that helps. My post-coital is tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted on that front. I need to go self-hypnotize now so that I am not dreading the obligatory BD session tonight and tomorrow morning. Has anyone had a post-coital done? Is it really as bad as it sounds? I am NOT looking forward to walking in there with a twat full of spoodge, dripping all over the place... sorry to be so crass, but the whole procedure makes me feel incredibly grossed out, and giving you that little shock is just my way of letting you in on my emotions regarding it. Sorry.

10 comments:

JellyBelly said...

i loved glade plug ins when my cat lived with me! her litter box was in my bathroom (there wasn't any other place in my old apartment) and i had one plugged in outside in the hall. my mom is addicted to air fresheners now that she has my cat AND theirs!

sorry, i have to advice about post-coitals. that's one test we haven't done! honestly, has IF taken the fun out of EVERYTHING????

Fertile Thoughts said...

Hey,
I have never had a post-coital test done but it doesn't sound like any fun, just uncomfortable! I hope it goes well :) Have a great weekend!!!
~Amber

Fertile Thoughts said...

P.S. Glad plug ins saved my house from my nasty dog smell. HAHA (or at least nobody has told me it still smells like dog).

Living Advent said...

I haven't had a post-coital. I was all set-up to have one when the doc had a personal emergency and then he decided that we'd wait on the post-coital until after we dealt with the hormones and possibility of endo. I had the same thoughts about going in there and being all "lovely." How much dignity do we have to loose to have a family???

You're lucky that none of your close friends from HS have kids. More than half my class already had kids at the 10 yr. Now my 20 yr is coming up in two years. From what I can tell on FB the other half now has kids.

allyouwhohope said...

I need to get me one of those things!! The air freshener.. not the post-coital!!

I don't think I've ever had that test, and that seems like something I'd remember.

LifeHopes said...

"twat full of spoodge" ??!!Oh my goodness I am so sorry but I laughed out loud when I read this phrase!!!

(not that you have to do it, only the phrase:)

Find joy in every journey said...

This is probably the reason why we haven't done the PC test. At least you are going in on a Sat. and that your dr. is so sweet. GL and I hope there are tons of healthy swimmers!!!!

the misfit said...

Wow, I hadn't even HEARD of that. I have a general idea of what it might be and what they might be looking at, but what are they trying to figure out with it?

"How much dignity do we have to lose" is right. Blogging has definitely helped me because I have stopped swearing off treatments or tests on the basis that there's nothing natural about them and that's not how God meant us to have children (there's nothing natural about ANY of them). But I think there is probably still a line I will not cross (frankly the SA is close, and I'm not drawing the line there only because they can't do a sensible diagnostic workup if we refuse to do any testing that would give data on my DH). I guess I'll find out how far I'll have to go pretty soon...

You are a braver woman than I am, and I hope that whatever they're looking for, they find a good one.

Oh yeah and - my 10-year is coming up this June too! I'm still deciding whether I'll go...

Vent-ilation said...

Man I feel old! I was just looking online about my 10 year COLLEGE reunion :) Oh, and I LOVE A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. (My bookclub read it a few years ago.) I think some of those 'classics' are even better when we're older.

Life In Mazes said...

I need to get a glade plug in.
I hope the post-coital is not as gross as you are imagining. I would feel exactly the same way. Thanks for all of your helpful advice and encouragement! Prayers will be going out for you as you go through the next few days!