Thursday, December 11, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

HOLY CRAP, HOLY CRAP, HOLY CRAP!!!!

(No, I'm not pregnant, let me just get that out of the way now...)

But you may be wondering why, after I posted so late last night, I am up at this ungodly hour to post again... would you like to KNOW why??? Would ya? Would ya?!!

I JUST WON THE WPLJ HOLIDAY BAILOUT!!!!!!

On the radio, they advertised this holiday bailout, which includes $1,000 cash and other prizes like gift cards, etc. They said to go online and send them a letter telling them why we deserved the bailout this year. I didn't save the letter I wrote, unfortunately, but I basically told them that we have been trying for 2 1/2 yrs to have a baby, and that as Christmas approaches it gets harder and harder for me to know that I continue to NOT be able to give my husband the one thing I know he wants most, and vice versa. I told him that due to our faith, we were not open to artificial reproductive technologies, but that this year alone we underwent surgery and special treatments totaling thousands of dollars and leaving us with nothing in the bank. I also told them that my husband is a self-employed building contractor, and as they could probably imagine, he had not had any new work in a very long time.

I ended the letter with some statement along the lines of, "I know there are many people out there with many worse problems than this." But, I argued, if we were to win, it would not only help us out financially, but it would bring some much-needed HOPE back into our lives.

They must have liked what I wrote :)

Every day this week at 7:00am and 5:00pm, they've been announcing a different name, and then that person has 20 minutes to call in and claim their prize.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EARS this morning!!!! THEY CALLED MY NAME!!!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

$1,000 cash, a $100 gift card to any Simon* mall, and 4 tickets to Shrek the Musical!!!!!!

I have never won anything in my life before... I think this is a sign of good things to come! THANK YOU, WPLJ 95.5 FM!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Beth said...

Wow!!! That is awesome!!!

JellyBelly said...

congrats!!!! what an awesome christmas present!

Sew Infertile said...

ARE YOU JOKING! An infertile wins something!!! My GOSH! I am so freaking excited for you! Who would have known that an infertiles suffering was recognized as being legitimate! Are we winning this war????

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I hope you and Poppa are able to take baby to see Shrek in January!

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

WOO HOO!! I am so happy for you! I always wonder, "Who are those people on the radio winning these prizes???" SO COOL!!! Glad that you are filled with much joy and hope. :)

irishmd said...

That is so awesome! What a great present! Hope you guys have a fantastic time at the show.

andnotbysight said...

How cool!! Congratulations!

Find joy in every journey said...

Congratulations!!! You should both go out for a nice dinner in the city!

Life In Mazes said...

How amazing! Talk about bringing you some Christmas joy! So happy to see tht good things are happening for you!

allyouwhohope said...

Are you kidding me? That is amazing! I didn't know people really won those things! And $1,000?????? That must feel so unbelievable! I apparently missed this yesterday, by the way :) but belated congratulations!!

Fight The Good Fight of Faith said...

That's pretty neat, the most i have ever won was a 50/50 draw and it was $75, but since i had never won anything in my life i was so ecstatic over $75 bucks!!!

Vent-ilation said...

Yay!!! That is awesome news!! (Yeah, I'm a little late to this 'party.' Sorry.) Hope you're having fun shopping!!