Sunday, November 30, 2008

1st Sunday of Advent

Started out the day with a bang, and a huge fight with DH over being late to church. Wonderful. I'm such a good Catholic.

But I felt the need to redeem myself and take a tag from the Jesse Tree in the narthex after Mass. While reading through the different gift requests, I realized there were no baby or child gifts left- - thus is the trade-off for sleeping in and going to the latest Mass of the weekend.

Just as I was about to pick one that said, "Men's flannel pajamas," I saw a "Maternity Shirt" tag. I picked it. Why? Two reasons, really. First, I'm sure this woman will be getting many supplies for the newborn, once it is born. People tend to be more generous when it comes to babies (hence the lack of baby gifts at the last Mass). But the pregnancy itself often goes without charity. Second, in giving a gift to a women with child, her gratitude would be quite possibly the best prayer for my fertility.

And now I will commence the Christmas tree set-up, and house decorating. Now that I've let out the tears, I'm looking forward to it :)

7 comments:

Thankful Paul said...

Hello

JellyBelly said...

the only reason we were on time for mass was that we were ushering! mr. JB always jokes that i'm only on time for work and yoga!

you're very brave to pick the maternity shirt, i don't know if i would have the same courage.

happy decorating!

LifeHopes said...

Fights before mass are the WORST! I am glad to know we aren't the only ones who are guilty of this!! (I know it's terrible, though, so I try really, really hard not to complain about P's driving on Sunday morningS!)

Teresa said...

You are a way better person than me. What a huge blessing you're going to be to that woman and what goes around comes around!

Sew Infertile said...

That is a great idea! I love the fact that you picked the maternity shirt. It goes with the Creighton work you do-Caring for the whole woman! Have A TON of fun picking those clothes out! I know you will and it gives me goosebumps! I am going to look for that as well on the tree.

Also, I was wondering if you have time, if you could write me a letter of recomendation to become an instructor with PPVI. I never went to college so I am assuming instructor level is where I would be. Do I still get to go to Omaha for the teaching conference? And do I have to go to the Love&Life Unlimited conference in April? I am filling out my paperwork tonight.

If you don't have time, I completely understand. I can ask my Priest also. :) Just let me know!

Thanks!!

Sew Infertile said...

MUAH! Thank you so much!

Sew Infertile said...

I am so unworthy of that beautiful recommendation letter. Would you mind writing my essay as to why I want to become an instructor! hahahah Just KIDDING!!!! :) Thank you so much!!