Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Saint Sarah- August 19th

Wow. Should I be concerned that I chose the Feast Day for St. Sarah as my Wedding Day? Thanks to The Apostolate of Hannah's Tears blog, I just discovered that my anniversary is St. Sarah's Feast Day... as in, Abraham's Sarah... as in, the first infertile woman spoken of in the Bible Sarah... as in, didn't bear a child until she was 90 years old Sarah. Apparently she laughed when God told her she would conceive in her old age... and then she named her son Isaac after the word for "laughter." Well, if I was meant to follow in her footsteps, I may have to name my son after the word for "Are you effing shitting me???"

3 comments:

Beth said...

My friend Sarah Bauer, who is a Catholic recording artist, wrote a song about this called "Cause to Laugh." I think you can listen to it on her site www.sarahbauer.com

Hope you're feeling better. Not that this is going to make you feel any better, but we didn't get our BFP until the day before our 4th anniversary. God definitely had a plan for us and I wouldn't change it now looking back. But I can say that I remember the feelings I had during those years and they were NOT fun. I lashed out at my husband too. I can relate and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Faithful Infertile said...

lol, Ames.

Isn't it crazy that the 19th is when I got my BFP?!?

Hang in there girl, I know God has something great in store for you!

Jodi said...

It's so weird how we can analyze every day and it's meaning. I hope that since your anniversary is on St. Sarah's day DOESN'T mean you will conceive at an old age.

I know you're have a tough time right now, but I'm constantly thinking and praying for you :)