Thursday, August 28, 2008

"BEAUTIFUL"

BEAUTIFUL is the word my Dr typed on the ultrasound screen under the still-frame of my cervix. Why? Well, aside from the obvious (I have a breathtaking cervix, of course), there was a big ol' curvy dark line of cervical fluid ALLLLL the way through the opening. She literally stopped and said, "Oh, wow, do you see that?! And it's all the way throughout, not just in one spot, like I sometimes see in patients." So, yeah. My CM kicks your CM's butt. This cycle, anyway.

My follie (it's just one, but I'll take it as long as it does it's job) is up to 2.2 or 2.4cm. I forget exactly. This was at 9:30am this morning. Dr J said I was very close, and would ovulate within the next 24 hrs. I'm going tomorrow to make sure it ruptured and all that. She saw what "could" have been a cumulous oophorus today, but couldn't be sure since I have other follies adjacent to the mature one (which is common in PCOS). So, the other follies were up in my Mature Follie's Grill, all up in her biz-natch and whatnot. But she's forgiving. S'all good.

Then, miraculously enough, I winded up having an acupunture appt for this afternoon! DH had his first treatment today, as well, and the acupuncturist kept telling me how today was such a "perfect" day for us both to have treatment, yada yada. So I can't help but feel slightly better today. But with all of this going right, it's only going to make another failure so much harder to handle. At least last cycle I could say, "Curse you, gummy mucus!" Now? No excuses.

Sister Renee from Pope Paul VI did call me back this morning, but I was at the u/s! And now we're playing phone tag. But I'm already impressed with how quickly she got back to me. She sounds so sweet.

OK, me and my beautiful cervix are off to have dinner now.

4 comments:

tracey said...

I just found your blog through another blog...anyway, really hoping good things for you. Your EWCM sounds awesome and I'm jealous. =)

JellyBelly said...

yay! i'm so jealous of your EWCM!!!!

allyouwhohope said...

That sounds great! Hope it went well at the next visit.

Jodi said...

Yay for an awesome u/s. I hope this is it for you!!!! Damn PCOS...those stupid little follies are picking on the nice mature one! Gotta love it, right?!